Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Charlton

Here we go ladies & gents.  I really see this as a must win game.  Good luck to all of you travelling.  For those that aren’t, thank you to those doing the updates here.  Fingers crossed we get a good win 

Comments

• Options
    Looks like 4-2-3-1 to me. Cullen and lapslie the two.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Mark Marshall, George Lapslie and skipper Chris Solly all come into the side in place of Anfernee DIjksteel and Ben Reeves, who drops to the bench, while Josh Parker misses out with illness.

The team news in full sees Dillon Phillips start in goal and he will be protected by a back four of Solly, Patrick Bauer, Naby Sarr and former Don Ben Purrington. 

Josh Cullen will anchor the Addicks’ midfield and he is set to be joined in the engine room by Joe Aribo and George Lapslie, who penned a new contract with the club earlier this week. 

Jonny Williams and Marshall will provide support in attack to striker Lyle Taylor, who of course makes his first return to his former side.

On the bench, there is also a welcome return to the squad for Jason Pearce following his ankle injury. 

Charlton: Phillips, Solly (c), Bauer, Sarr, Purrington, Cullen, Aribo, Lapslie, Williams, Marshall, Taylor.

Subs: Maxwell, Pearce, Dijksteel, Pratley, Fosu, Reeves, Vetokele. 

• Options
    Other than Taylor, Marshall’s the main runner in the squad so maybe he’s playing up front today. Him and Lyle constantly pushing the opposition defence back on a tight ground is not a bad idea 
  • Options
    Latest score (52 mins played): Scunny 0 Donny 1
  • Options
    Don’t like that team. Another frustrating afternoon coming imho. 
  • Options
    I know this won't go down well but it really annoys me that Bow keeps changing his formation.  I just don't think he knows what to do.  4 3 3. 4 4 2. 3 5 2. 4 5 1. It changes every week. Just play 442 and fiddle with how you like the midfield pleeeeeease!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    I know this won't go down well but it really annoys me that Bow keeps changing his formation.  I just don't think he knows what to do.  4 3 3. 4 4 2. 3 5 2. 4 5 1. It changes every week. Just play 442 and fiddle with how you like the midfield pleeeeeease!
    We’ve played a 4-4-2 for the majority of the season. I think he’s only really changed it recently due to not having Taylor and/or Grant available.
  • Options
    Someone's kidnapped Lee and replaced him with Robinson!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
     on a small pitch like theirs you wont get a lot of space so the midfield really has to step up physically. (which they're not exactly known for) cant afford to be knocked off the ball.

be nice if we could rely on Marshall to add some width, chasing after the ball in the areas of space on the wing, similar to Grant. He should be capable of that.
    be even nicer if we could rely on him to beat his man and cross a ball but we cant expect miracles.
  • Options
    Need a energy in the middle. Want to see that from Aribo, Marshall and Lapslie. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Up the Addicks

Hope that is Marshall up front but we shall see. Edit OS suggest 433 or 451

Glad that experiment with both reeves and Williams has ended. Hasn't worked.

Lapslie, Cullen and Aribo are all inexperienced but give us more energy and more defensive strength.

Back five picks itself. 
  • Options
    Sorrry to post on this thread but is this match available on ifollow, please ? 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Pedro45 said:
    We’ve played a 4-4-2 for the majority of the season. I think he’s only really changed it recently due to not having Taylor and/or Grant available.
    Yes but he could have played 442 in those three games but crapped on Grant in one, Reeco in another of them, then played an unfit Igor, and now it's changed again. If you have a poor game then it's auto dropped at the moment...Parker , Reeves, Reeco, just not being allowed a sub standard half of footie. Dropped and then formation change....madness at this stage of the season.
  • Options
    This has got humiliating disaster written all over it 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Scoham said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Yes but he could have played 442 in those three games but crapped on Grant in one, Reeco in another of them, then played an unfit Igor, and now it's changed again. If you have a poor game then it's auto dropped at the moment...Parker , Reeves, Reeco, just not being allowed a sub standard half of footie. Dropped and then formation change....madness at this stage of the season.
    Parker is out because of an illness.
  • Options

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Scoham said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Homesick for the Medway towns 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Scoham said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Yes but he still has Igor and Reeco if he could be arsed to stick two (real strikers) up front...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm off to sleep now...how I find out we won this game and the rugby when I wake up...
  • Options
    I miss Karlan... :-(

AFC Wimbledon were one of the worst sides I've ever seen at The Valley - really should get 3 points here regardless of the line-up we put out. 

Still not overly confident and fear a frustrating afternoon. Fingers crossed I'm wrong... up the Addicks!
  • Options
    KM said we could watch our young players for a while then watch them in the premier league, she never said they would come back in League One to beat us  :)
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    I'm off to sleep now...how I find out we won this game and the rugby when I wake up...
    Sleep well my friend. 
  • Options
    Events in the last few weeks lead me to believe we are in for a few shit Saturdays from now on in.

1-1
  • Options

Lyle Taylor is back here today with ⁦@CAFCofficial⁩ and here he receives a warm welcome from one of our long-serving volunteers David McKnight. #AFCW@ProSportsImages

• Options
    Events in the last few weeks lead me to believe we are in for a few shit Saturdays from now on in.

1-1
    Don’t worry- Jeremy will sort it 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Thought that video was taken at the training ground at first!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!