Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton players score all eight goals

I re-watched the Sky packaged highlights of the League game at home to West Ham in 2001 recently.  And, apart from it being an astonishing game, with a fantastic finish, it struck me that all eight goals were set up by and scored by former, present or future Charlton players.  

Obviously all four Charlton goals (Euell and Johansson scored two each).  But for West Ham, ex-Addick Paul Kitson scored a hat-trick - one set up by Paolo di Canio, one from a Scott Minto Cross and Defoe scored their fourth, from a Christian Dailly pass.  

Has there been a game with eight or more goals, all scored by players with Charlton connections? Obviously it happened once this season.  But are there any other instances?   

Comments

• Options
    We had another game at home to West Ham, a 4-2 win where both of West Ham’s goals seemed to be own goals. Rufus lobbing Kiely and then another one going in off Mark Fish
  • Options
    Oh, that overhead kick!
  • Options
    Was Defoe an 'ex Charlton player' or should that term only be used for people who actually played for the 1st team.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Was Defoe an 'ex Charlton player' or should that term only be used for people who actually played for the 1st team.
    He's a player.   And he used to be on Charlton's books.  So, to that extent, he's an ex-Charlton player. 
  • Options
    I'm sure that was Kitson's first game back at the Valley after his awful loan spell with us (it might even have been his first game back). Imagine my surprise when he scored a flippin' bloody hat trick.
  • Options
    Just looked him up. He scored 1 (one) goal for us while on loan.
  • Options
    But what a goal.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Just looked him up. He scored 1 (one) goal for us while on loan.
    But what a goal. As far I'm concerned his loan spell was a glorious success based purely on that.