Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

foods you once loved but dont eat anymore or hated

cfgs mention of tripe in the stephen clemence thread and gordon ramsey trying to get kids to eat it tonight reminded me about some programme on china the other day and how they eat a load of stuff that we generally either find unappealing or probably not healthy...i used to love dripping on toast as a kid though it was always a rare treat my mother would consent to letting me have (presumeably because of the unhealthyness of it) and also although even today i absolutely love the smell of liver and onions i could never stand the taste of liver...and occasionally the smell of onions from a hotdog stall grabs my attention though its been a long time since i've been tempted to buy a hotdog or burger outside a football ground...

Comments

• toast with dripping

mince and dumplings

are two that I loved as a kid but haven't eaten in years.
  • fried eels in butter
  • and i used to hate rabbit stew...when they all nearly got wiped out by miximatosis in the 60's and rabbit came off the menu i was thankful...
  • Any stuff from a fast food or mobile outlet.

Seen the light!
  • Cream Soda

Used to love it as a kid. I had a sip of someone elses a while back and thought, "hmm, that's nice - why don't I drink this anymore?". A further sip told me why - it's so bleedin sickly sweet!
  • Faggots.

Not had them for ages, never used to eat them as a kid because I didn't trust the name.

Well nice they were
  • custard.just make me gag now.
  • Full fat milk. Used to love that as a nipper but retch at the thought now
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Cream Soda

with a nice dollop of cornish ice cream in it !!!
  • pease pudding.

went about 20 years without eating it, then it pulled up in front of me at a posh restaurant the other week...
  • Sponsored links:

• You don't go to posh restaurants!!
  • Agree with full fat milk.

Another is lavabread (green seaweed!) & cockles - which I suspect is only enjoyable with bacon
  • tea with that sterilised milk your nan used to have that came in the long thin bottles...uggghh, excuse me while i puke at the thought...
  • Readybreak (Spelling??) was the only thing I eat as a kid. Now the mare thought of it has me gagging!!
  • Candyfloss.
  • McD's chicken nuggets (well I'm veggie now anyway but went right off them before that) - greasy balls of chicken feet/eyes/nasty bits!
  • used to love a stick of rock, marshmellows and as above mentioned candy floss!

In order of hate

Rock (it is the most vile stuff)
    marshmellows! aaaarrrrrghgggggggggg gag worthy!
    floss candy its pink, and looks like cotten! and tastes like sugar pure! (of course it would tho as it is made from it!) but manky either way!
  • Olives. Used to hate them as a kid, love 'em now.
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]tea with that sterilised milk your nan used to have that came in the long thin bottles...uggghh, excuse me while i puke at the thought...

I remember my old Nan had that sterilized milk, too.

She used to drink it in tea, but I remember the time when I was a nipper, she put it on my Weetabix. YUK!
  • Lambs Liver when I was young, refused to eat it. Now Liver & Bacon is probably my favourite !
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]tea with that sterilised milk your nan used to have that came in the long thin bottles...uggghh, excuse me while i puke at the thought...

I remember my old Nan had that sterilized milk, too.

She used to drink it in tea, but I remember the time when I was a nipper, she put it on my Weetabix. YUK!

That sterilised milk was revolting!

I used to like the orange juice you could get off the milkman though in the third of a pint bottles!
  • Dandelion and Burdock
  • Breast milk - Its gross!!
  • MCSMCS
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Dandelion and Burdock

Murdoch??

*edit* sorry i thought this was the rhyming slang thread! what a pilchard
  • edited June 2007
    PMSL......................Ollie youre a ledge mate!!
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Breast milk - Its gross!!
    lol!