Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live - Podcast out - Blackpool reaction with Bowyer - join in - answer our questions

edited February 2019 in General Charlton
Listen live via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ or if that doesn't work, via the tune in website here - https://tunein.com/radio/Charlton-Live-s268151/ - or via the Tune In app on your mobile phone/tablet.

Join us live at 7pm as we look back at the goalless draw with Blackpool. We'll hear the highlights and also have our exclusive post-match interview with Lee Bowyer. We'll discuss Lyle Taylor's comment about Roland Duchatelet and hear what Bowyer had to say on the matter. We'll also discuss the Sky Sports report about racism at The Valley. 

Questions we're asking tonight - 

- Is this run of form the wheels coming off, or just a blip?
- Will Joe Aribo sign a new deal?
- Jason Pearce is nearly fit again but can Naby Sarr be taken out when he is back after his recent performances?
- What did you make of Lyle Taylor's comments about Roland during the week?
- Any views on the Sky Sports racism story?

Contact the studio - 

Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive 
or Comment in this thread

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I wouldn’t call it a blip, more a transition as our counter attacking approach doesn’t work anymore. We’ve tried to using the wings, but our crossing and final ball is poor. Marshall is direct but very weak. Purrington is poor going forward, Reeves, Williams, Cullen are all too defensive minded.

Aribo will sign a new deal alongside Lapslie.

We’ve conceded three goals in eight matches, Sarr is a very important part of our team and shouldn’t be taken out.

Hopefully, Bowyer will find a winning formula sooner rather than later. 
  • Options
    Bump - show time in ten mins 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t call it a blip, more a transition as our counter attacking approach doesn’t work anymore. We’ve tried to using the wings, but our crossing and final ball is poor. Marshall is direct but very weak. Purrington is poor going forward, Reeves, Williams, Cullen are all too defensive minded.

Aribo will sign a new deal alongside Lapslie.

We’ve conceded three goals in eight matches, Sarr is a very important part of our team and shouldn’t be taken out.

Hopefully, Bowyer will find a winning formula sooner rather than later. 
    Williams & Reeves are too defensive minded?? You're kidding right? I would describe them as anything but defensive midfielders.
  • Options
    I can't blame Grant for going. Good Luck to the guy. I wish him well but we miss his pay and supply very big time and Taylor is suffering as well. With Grant in the team we had an outside chance of getting into top 2. Once Grant had gone not only top 2 is definetly out but where play offs were almost certain we now are fighting for 5th or 6th between us, Doncster, Peterbrough and one other. I am at the point where even if we did finish in the play offs, we will struggle without any goal power. We struggle to score one in a game. The other side of the coin is that I am not actually sure I want us to go up. There is no way RD will allow new players to be signed of any decent quality,, all the loans will have gone baclk to the clubs, and out of contract players will surely leave the club. If Aribo signs a deal with us, he needs his head tested. We will get relegated if were were lucky enough to go up and RD doesn't deserve it. It's depressing.. any other decent owner would do their best to tie down Bowyer and Jacko to a new deal, which then will allow them to plan for next season and have a budget next season. I wouldn't be suprised if someone like Millwall (heaven forbid) come in for him offer a £1million and he will be gone. 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Having been out this evening, will definitely download that tomorrow morning and listen whilst at work.

Thanks Louis, top work as per.
  • Options
    Cheers @Sage