Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackpool- Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    One goal the last 368 minutes.
  • Options
    Thought Taylor was a liability today, getting a bit of a prima Donna , needs to get back to the basics! 
  • Options
    Midfield just isn’t right square pegs in round holes, and both full backs are awful going forward Dickstill is shit, why did he play in front of Solly
    Cos of the height of Blackpool’s team. Their number 21 was their only threat and he would have had a field day in the air vs Solly
    Basically what Powelly once did in that Stevenage away game in our title winning year.
  • Options
    Rubbish game . Taylor's antics annoyed me . Sarr MOM two weeks running . What is the point of Marshall ? Cullen is so overated . Not a good day all round  .
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    This is our blip. This our wobble. I think we will get on another run and cemment our place in the play-offs. There is long way to go. Top 2 is looking a real ask at present as that top 2 are looking quite decent. Will we be the lucky play-off team? I hope so. But they are lottery.
  • Options
    Thought both full backs grew into the game in the second half although they don’t look comfortable that far forward and that’s why it doesn’t feel like the formation is right with these players available to him. 
  • Options
    Purposely not attending many home games, I don't want to dismiss what those have said before me. From the games that I have seen us play at home, yes we have the majority of the possession but we tend to do precious little with it. First time viewing Parker, in truth as a striker, he didn't get much service, although should have connected with Aribo's cut back. Surprised to read that people thought Aribo didn't play well, I thought he was outstanding today, especially as he'd been out for 7 weeks. I love Taylor but he has simply got to get on with things.... these petulant tantrums don't get him anywhere other than rile the ref, who was shocking and put him on a tightrope. I think if Williams get's a goal, he will possibly get 4 or 5 more. He has looked very good in fits and spurts but often doesn't have that final bit of magic. Roland has put paid to our promotion chances I feel. If we do get promoted it will be a miracle.
  • Options
    valleyfan said:
    Thought Taylor was a liability today, getting a bit of a prima Donna , needs to get back to the basics! 
    This 
  • Options
    Falling over is a vital skill in modern football.  It's pretty darn boring to watch though.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too many players who look pretty but don’t score
    Taylor was a bit of a fanny today for sure, but we must stop relying on him.
    Having said that about him refs seemed to have  pre conceived ideas, which he starts every game determine to reinforce. By the end of today’s game a defender could have broken his leg and the ref still would have penalised him.
    So many in a red shirt went missing today 
    Thank god for the Nabster MOM again 
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:
    The midfield formation was all wrong today, the diamond just doesn't work with Williams and Reeves, leaves us too exposed and they are too similar players.

We were better balanced in the second half but with the front two having a poor game and the midfield being bereft of ideas going forward we were never going to score. It comes to something when you are relying on your centre half to play the killer balls.

We clearly miss Grant, i'd be inclined to play Igor with Taylor as his pace and runs can hurt defences if our midfield can find him. Looks like we'll lose Taylor again soon as well, one more yellow isn't it?

It's going to be a long end to the season, we'll need some grit and fight to remain in the top 6, Portsmouth (best away record in the league) and Luton to come.

On the plus side Naby is fast becoming the first name on the team sheet and a front runner for POTY which will probably be the biggest zero to hero in Charlton's history, Purrington is beginning to settle and looks a good player, if we can get our midfield ticking going forward we're still in with a chance. 

442 with Williams on one wing and Marshall on the other, Cullen and Aribo in the centre.

We need to wake up next week and smell the coffee, can anyone see Taylor not getting a yellow at Wimbledon?
    Either then or at Donny.
  • Options
    Well, I thought the 2nd half was our best midfield performance of the season. In the past after some pinball victories I remember reading glowing reports here and thinking ahh really yeah....? I suppose so...
    Last night the team was driving forward as a unit with penetration, some one touches and our wingers got behind their defence on many occasions.

We didn't score... 

But if we play like this in the future (Sarr as Libro, Taylor and Parker as team) we will.
  • Options
    Midfield just isn’t right square pegs in round holes, and both full backs are awful going forward Dickstill is shit, why did he play in front of Solly
    Because their big target man pulled off to the left time after time to receive long pints up field. Obviously a plan to attack solly which they stuck to without solly playing. Solly would have been murdeted in the air.
  • Options
    Most of it has been said already, but here goes...

1) What the fuck to the players do in training ?? Reeves hasn't scored a from a free kick all season (like Grant before him) so why is he still taking them ?? Do they not practice them ??

2) Taylor is really starting to get on my tits. Stop looking for fouls & throwing yourself to the floor & start playing football. Will definitely get booked next week & will then miss games against 2 of the teams that we are vying against for a top 6 place. Great.

3) If you dont score you won't win. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. We've not scored in 3 of our last 4 games....ergo, we won't have been able to win those 3 games even if the opposition didn't score. I haven't looked st the table (too depressing) but I reckon we must be the lowest goalscorers (by games played) out of the top 6 teams.....prob even out of the top 10. From now on in training that's all the players should need to concentrate on. No fitness or tactics now are needed. Just learn to bloody score.

4) why Williams was taken off I will never know.....and to replaced by Lapslie. Really ??

5) thought Parker had an ok game & Vetokele looked sharp when he came on. BUT expect the opposite next week when LB changes it around & starts Vetokele.

6) We won't win next week. AFC wombles are our bogey team. Expect by the time we kick off against Pompey we will be out if the play off positions. 

Ps. I win the "football for a fiver" bingo. Had 2 numpties taking photos of each other IN THE AILE of the East stand....whilst the game was going on !! What the fuck ?? (Sorry mods) Where do they think they are....the San Siro ??  I did my best to photo bomb them & was more wound up than usual. Too many other incidents of letting late comers /drinkers / pissers/ foodies into their seats during the game. A half lasts 45 mins.....can their stomachs/ bladders not cope with inaction for that period of time. 
    Covered end was crazy today, dunno how much @Baldybonce saw but stewards must have spent at least 30 minutes of the 1st half removing people from standing on the stairs and trying to get people in seats, at 1 point I heard 1 say if someone is in your seat just go anywhere else haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And typical football for a fiver day kid a few rows in front spent the whole game on a tablet

• Options
    Most of it has been said already, but here goes...

1) What the fuck to the players do in training ?? Reeves hasn't scored a from a free kick all season (like Grant before him) so why is he still taking them ?? Do they not practice them ??

2) Taylor is really starting to get on my tits. Stop looking for fouls & throwing yourself to the floor & start playing football. Will definitely get booked next week & will then miss games against 2 of the teams that we are vying against for a top 6 place. Great.

3) If you dont score you won't win. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. We've not scored in 3 of our last 4 games....ergo, we won't have been able to win those 3 games even if the opposition didn't score. I haven't looked st the table (too depressing) but I reckon we must be the lowest goalscorers (by games played) out of the top 6 teams.....prob even out of the top 10. From now on in training that's all the players should need to concentrate on. No fitness or tactics now are needed. Just learn to bloody score.

4) why Williams was taken off I will never know.....and to replaced by Lapslie. Really ??

5) thought Parker had an ok game & Vetokele looked sharp when he came on. BUT expect the opposite next week when LB changes it around & starts Vetokele.

6) We won't win next week. AFC wombles are our bogey team. Expect by the time we kick off against Pompey we will be out if the play off positions. 

Ps. I win the "football for a fiver" bingo. Had 2 numpties taking photos of each other IN THE AILE of the East stand....whilst the game was going on !! What the fuck ?? (Sorry mods) Where do they think they are....the San Siro ??  I did my best to photo bomb them & was more wound up than usual. Too many other incidents of letting late comers /drinkers / pissers/ foodies into their seats during the game. A half lasts 45 mins.....can their stomachs/ bladders not cope with inaction for that period of time. 
    Covered end was crazy today, dunno how much @Baldybonce saw but stewards must have spent at least 30 minutes of the 1st half removing people from standing on the stairs and trying to get people in seats, at 1 point I heard 1 say if someone is in your seat just go anywhere else haha
    Indeed Paulie it was crazy and led to something i don't like doing which is arguing with our own. Some of them peeled left and right and squeezed in front of people already there. I removed two from in front of the kids in front of me and placed them  in the absent bbJNR's place. 
    Imo the Stewarding was poor and should sorted the issue much quicker.
    Also i think the amount of non regulars in the Covered end killed the atmosphere.
  • Options
    Watched on iFollow. Nothing to add other than the pitch. It looked really ropey yesterday and the Blackpool commentators picked up on it (whilst not forgetting just how poor their pitch is by the way). 

Anyone else think the pitch and its (relatively) lack of watering hindered our passing game at all?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Watched on iFollow. Nothing to add other than the pitch. It looked really ropey yesterday and the Blackpool commentators picked up on it (whilst not forgetting just how poor their pitch is by the way). 

Anyone else think the pitch and its (relatively) lack of watering hindered our passing game at all?
    It’s very bobbly, but people thought it was over watered last week (and other weeks) which means it can get cut up? Needs the heavy roller or something. 
    Didn't it used to get relaid each summer? Maybe that’s not happened because of cutbacks. 
  • Options

The pitch was watered for about 30 minutes yesterday before kick-off. 
    Lack of watering is definitely not the problem .
  • Options
    It was watered before the game.....and then cut about 5 mins after the final whistle.
  • Options
    Is the pitch worse than previous years ? 
  • Options
    Took the Mrs and her mate today as they wanted to see the valley had some prat in our seats ( west upper ) he begrudgingly moved 
  • Options
    Frustrating result. Don't expect any better next week... We are going. 
  • Options
    Mixed feelings. 

Frustrating not to take 3 points from a home game again.

But Blackpool are the form team in the league (minus Barnsley and Luton), so maybe should be happy to take a point. 

Goals scored is certainly the major concern and other players have to start stepping up and scoring. 
    If Blackpool are one of the form teams it shows how weak this League is... they were never a serious threat (Phillips had the day off) and had to defend for their lives for about 70% of the game
    Agree average at best 
    Any decent side with a threat going forward we would have been 2 or 3 down in the 1st 20 mins we were that bad
    After than they made us look better because they offered nothing