Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Midweek Games

I know only having one more midweek game this season could, theoretically, help us with avoiding player fatigue etc., but...

Comments

• Options
    One Play off semi will be midweek
  • Options
    Prefer it this way. Means I get more flexibility with my evening work hours 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    We've probably got two...

Wycombe Wanderers is on an International Weekend and fully expect us to lose at least Taylor and Parker to Montserrat / Antigua & Barbuda respectively

As for Bielik and Cullen I'm unsure if there are any U21 fixtures

Edit: Just seen that Ireland U21 have a friendly coming up against Luxembourg that break so Cullen will hopefully be the third
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Prefer it this way. Means I get more flexibility with my evening work hours 
    It's the middle of the day here and listening to the commentary at my desk gets me through the tedium of a workday afternoon.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Wycombe Wanderers is on an International Weekend and fully expect us to lose at least Taylor and Parker to Montserrat / Antigua & Barbuda respectively

Edit: Just seen that Ireland U21 have a friendly coming up against Luxembourg that break so Cullen will hopefully be the third
    If we don’t get the full three, I’d expect Taylor and Parker to stay local and play for us. Taylor had to do that a lot with AFCW. He would have to decline to play internationals because AFCW couldn’t get the games postponed.
  • Options

If we don’t get the full three, I’d expect Taylor and Parker to stay local and play for us. Taylor had to do that a lot with AFCW. He would have to decline to play internationals because AFCW couldn’t get the games postponed.

Don't  think it will be an issue but having sat next to him when he spoke about the possibility of Monserrat qualifying and impact it would have I doubt he'd happily miss a game.
  • Options
    Yeah I wondered if Taylor would be reluctant to miss this next International - Wouldnt blame him as a Montserrat win would be huge for them as it'll potentially result in qualifying for the Gold Cup

Certainly be the highest level of International Football that he could play
  • Options
    It should benefit us, but that doesn't mean it will. For some reason, football doesn't always make sense!
  • Options
    The football calendar is rather front loaded for teams who don't do well in the cup competitions, when you consider how early we have to play in the League Cup etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The football calendar is rather front loaded for teams who don't do well in the cup competitions, when you consider how early we have to play in the League Cup etc
    We do our best SAS impressions in the Cup though, in and out before anyone notices.
  • Options
    One Play off semi will be midweek
    That'll be nice for Barnsley and Sunderland fans. I'll be busy celebrating automatic promotion ;) .
    Have you taken up supporting Luton?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I know only having one more midweek game this season could, theoretically, help us with avoiding player fatigue etc., but...

You'll just have to get a life then. Sorry!   :-)