Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer & Jackson only 4 months left on contracts

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Shows how much he wants to stay as well following on from what Cawley says
    Should be easy to get them signed up but as normal Roland is being Roland.

• Options
    clive said:

During the press conference Bowyer was asked if there had been any progression on talks to extend his contract with the club.

He said: “Yeah, funnily enough I’ve just spoken to Lieven (de Turck). I literally just walked in this morning and he was here. We had a quick five-minute meeting and yeah, it was what I was thinking the offer was. We had a good conversation and it was a positive conversation, and he said he wants myself and the staff to stay, and I said: ‘Well it’s likewise’. So yeah, it was a good conversation, positive conversation, they know what I expect. So yeah, I’m sure we’ll get there, it might take a little bit of time but it’s took this long, so a few more weeks ain’t gonna hurt is it? 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5caf4675baf33/bowyer-on-his-contract-talks-and-maintaining-focus-on-winning

Nice one Lee
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    _MrDick said:
    Why has he been offered an incentive based contract ? Has any football manager ever signed one ?

They're going to let him go.
    If they let him go, it'll be the straw that broke the camel's back. Can't see anyone defending Duchatelet and he'll deserve any flack that comes his way.

Eh? These camel's you're talking about must have some backs if they haven't been broken already.

More back than a Sir Mix-a-lot video!

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Nothing new in there really. 

It's still going to come down to RD offering Bowyer a contract he may not accept if all RD's offering is incentives, expenses and luncheon vouchers.

Nothing's really changed reading that article. If it's going to take weeks rather than days then unwelcome speculation won't go away. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Bloody love Bowyer
    This. 

Ordinary bloke. Easy to identify with, and understands the fans because he thinks like us.

Hes fallen into this job and and done bloody well. I wonder how well he’d do somewhere he doesn’t have that natural affinity with the fans. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this is his only job in management. 
  • Options
    The appointment of Bowyer has been one of the very few positive things that have happened during the Belgian regime. It's Bowyer (with JJ) that makes our third consecutive season in the third division not as doom and gloom as I thought it would be. I so hope we achieve promotion under him this season. It's what he, his coaching staff and the team deserve. If we don't make it but as long as he stays, I'll still look forward to next season with a bit of hope.
  • Options
    So much love for Lee Lee Lee Bowyer.

It's a hard balance to strike between "selling out" your values and not offending your paymaster. 

I like the way Lee gives just enough away to allow you to draw the dots but avoids being overtly critical. In fact he is a massive extender of olive branches to the RD regime.

Much as the heart would respect a manager who told the Rat exactly what a wasteful Muppett he really is, the head realises that is an extremely short term strategy.

Very difficult to change regimes by standing outside the glasshouse and throwing stones. Lee realises he has to play the politician here and engage his opponent by respecting the rules that opponent has set.

###Shoehorn Alert###

Now if only the real politicians could apply the same logic to EU membership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-charlton-contract-talks-have-properly-kicked-off/

“I’ve spoken to Lieven and he’s made an offer,” said the Charlton boss. “But it’s not agreed yet."
  • Options
    Doesnt Lee have an agent?
  • Options

Asked if he was frustrated at the delay, he replied: “I’d say more disappointed. 

“If we weren’t in the play-offs then we’d have two games left in the season. I like to think me and the rest of the staff have done a good enough job for this to be resolved long before now.

“I understand how football clubs work but I’m disappointed it ain’t sorted out before the end of the season, so we all know where we stand. That is the thing that disappoints me.

“We’ve worked hard to improve the football club and it’s a much better place now – so I think we should be rewarded for that.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-left-disappointed-that-charlton-athletic-contract-not-sorted-yet/
  • Options
    An utter disgrace.