Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gatecrasher in Sheffield

One less place to go if you wanted to make a weekend of United or Wednesday away...
A nightclub in south Yorkshire has collapsed in a massive fire.

Emergency crews were called to the Gatecrasher One nightclub - formerly The Republic - in Eyre Street, Sheffield, on Monday evening.

Two people were believed to be inside the building when the blaze took hold but escaped the premises unharmed after calling 999.

The Arundel Street end of the two-storey building later collapsed, narrowly missing firefighters.

Comments

• edited June 2007
    Don't you mean NO place to go.

massive thread here
  • Just spent a wonderful 5 minutes looking at all the web cam pictures of Sheffield.
    Loads of trams. I'm going to put my Anorak on and go and do some tramspotting......... LOL

http://www.magicrambo.com/pages/shefwebcam.htm

live cam of town, place is on fire badly looks like a new place is needed to go out to lol, cant believe mess of this
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Just spent a wonderful 5 minutes looking at all the web cam pictures of Sheffield.
    Loads of trams. I'm going to put my Anorak on and go and do some tramspotting......... LOL

Mind you I not sure where exactly in Sheffield Bramhall Lane is.

And it's MEADOWHELL not Meadowhall.
  • gutted, was only in there 10 days ago!

couldn't happen at a worse time for them either, the new superclub embrace just opened two months ago and has wiped the floor with them... by the time they get gatecrasher back on the road it will be almost forgotten
  • "the new superclub embrace just opened two months ago and has wiped the floor with them... "

Not an 'insurance' job, do you think..........?
  • I hope they manage to rebuild it..
    spent many a great night in there with the crasher lot
  • Music Gatecrasher play is far too hard for me need double dose of narcotics just to listen to it !
  • Thats why I like it.

Never went to the club but went to one of their raves in a field in Leeds back in the day.

Hope they rebuild it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Music Gatecrasher play is far too hard for me need double dose of narcotics just to listen to it !

thats the whole idea ketters!

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Thats why I like it.

Never went to the club but went to one of their raves in a field in Leeds back in the day.

Hope they rebuild it.

Gatecrasher @ Lotherton Hall?? the original ones before they stopped.. great great times there!!