Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dental Implants?

Comments

• Options
    Can't believe I started this in 2019, mind the pandemic has taken care of a couple of years.

Anyway I'm finally biting the bullet and going with Vital Europe it's gonna cost just under 10k, of course flight and hotels to add on travelling to Budapest.

Start tomorrow (sat) with 4 extractions in London. Bit apprehensive if I'm doing the right thing, well I guess I'll find out soon enough!
  • Options
    Can't believe I started this in 2019, mind the pandemic has taken care of a couple of years.

Anyway I'm finally biting the bullet and going with Vital Europe it's gonna cost just under 10k, of course flight and hotels to add on travelling to Budapest.

Start tomorrow (sat) with 4 extractions in London. Bit apprehensive if I'm doing the right thing, well I guess I'll find out soon enough!
    My wife is currently in Istanbul having her's done. Its all going well so far. She is back on Sunday.

All the best Sillav.
  • Options
    What’s the price to have then done over here?
  • Options
    Currently in the process of having 2 done here in the UK. Just shy of £5k
  • Options
    Someone I know just had a full set of top and bottom done (more like a fixed denture) and it came in at just shy of £32,000. That’s for a London dentist.
  • Options

Just seen this thread. 
    My mum’s had quite a lot of work done in Budapest. She swears by it. Reckons the cost including flights and hotels is far far cheaper than the uk and she’s fallen in love with Budapest too! (It’s a great city by the way.)
    She has said it’s only worth it if you’ve got quite a bit of work to be done, rather than if it’s just a small issue, but she did, so she’s happy she took the plunge.
    Don’t know if she uses the same company as you, but I’ll find out.
  • Options
    I used Vital Europe, but did all the work in London as it was a single tooth. Excellent treatment and care
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I used Vital Europe, but did all the work in London as it was a single tooth. Excellent treatment and care

By that you mean you think the eurpean receptionists are hot 😉
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    If only we knew a 'Dental accountant', may have been able to provide some recomendations
  • Options
    I had a full set of teeth done in Antalya,Turkey a few months back, I had 8 implants, 2 visits of 7 and 10 days with accommodation and transfers included. Cost was about £7500, would have been about £30,000 to get it done here.😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had a full set of teeth done in Antalya,Turkey a few months back, I had 8 implants, 2 visits of 7 and 10 days with accommodation and transfers included. Cost was about £7500, would have been about £30,000 to get it done here.😁
    So that’s confused me. How is a full set only 8 implants?
  • Options
    The implants go where I had teeth missing and file down the rest of your teeth then fit zirconium crowns.
  • Options
    Kips said:

My wife is currently in Istanbul having her's done. Its all going well so far. She is back on Sunday.

All the best Sillav.
    Thanks @kips

I did consider Turkey but as Vital Europe offer aftercare in London chose them instead.

Hope it goes well for your wife.
  • Options
    Triple, ridiculously expensive in London, criminal really.
  • Options

Just seen this thread. 
    My mum’s had quite a lot of work done in Budapest. She swears by it. Reckons the cost including flights and hotels is far far cheaper than the uk and she’s fallen in love with Budapest too! (It’s a great city by the way.)
    She has said it’s only worth it if you’ve got quite a bit of work to be done, rather than if it’s just a small issue, but she did, so she’s happy she took the plunge.
    Don’t know if she uses the same company as you, but I’ll find out.
    That’s good to hear @lordromford

I went to Budapest about 5 years ago, not teeth related and it is a beautiful city.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Rothko said:

By that you mean you think the eurpean receptionists are hot 😉
    There not, one of the hygienists is though 
  • Options
    The implants go where I had teeth missing and file down the rest of your teeth then fit zirconium crowns.
    I see. Does sound painful. 
  • Options
    I have had one done.  Was going to be two but where I had had an infection some of the jaw bone had disappeared. So I needed a bone graft before the implant could be sorted. I drew the line at that.  The worst bit of the one I did have done was the amount of torque they have to put on the titanium screw - it felt like my jaw was going to shatter. £2000 in the UK but it's been worth it.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    In real terms they've gone down in price. I spent £6,000 baht on two implants around 25 years ago! I was told they'd be stronger than the original teeth and they're still going strong.

If I needed any doing today I'd get them done in Thailand, about £1500 per tooth.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Please don't take this amiss, @sillav nitram but I hope your profile pic is the 'before' not the 'after'
     ;) 
  • Options
    I’ve started the process of having two implants in Marylebone. Just over £5k. My jaw has been drilled and now have two temporary crowns. Have to wait until August for the next fitting and as august turns into September the final screw ins will be in. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    IdleHans said:
    Please don't take this amiss, @sillav nitram but I hope your profile pic is the 'before' not the 'after'
     ;) 
    😹 it’s the after  @IdleHans don’tcha think I look pretty cool?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I’ve started the process of having two implants in Marylebone. Just over £5k. My jaw has been drilled and now have two temporary crowns. Have to wait until August for the next fitting and as august turns into September the final screw ins will be in. 
    £5000 for 2 implants, exactly why I chose Turkey. 😁
  • Options
    That poor young woman. She has trashed her teeth. What goes through some people's heads? I bet there was nothing much wrong with them before she had them ground down.  As for veneers, well, I have a friend who had veneers. They were deemed necessary because of injuries she sustained in a very serious accident. They have been nothing but continual pain and suffering ever since.  
  • Options
    I know this doesn’t belong here, but f**king “influencers”!
  • Options
    The thought of implants scares the crap out of me, I don’t know how people can consider having them but I suppose they have little alternative. Lucky for them they can afford the costs of the treatment. 
    Fortunately for me I have the  good teeth gene in my family, aged  59, and still got the lot including 4 wisdom teeth. 
    A mate of mine, quite a few years back, had the two upper fronts done, complete with a bone graft. Cost him 12k and looked a horrific process. But they are still going good today and he can bite apples with confidence. 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    That poor young woman. She has trashed her teeth. What goes through some people's heads? I bet there was nothing much wrong with them before she had them ground down.  As for veneers, well, I have a friend who had veneers. They were deemed necessary because of injuries she sustained in a very serious accident. They have been nothing but continual pain and suffering ever since.  
    Looks like she's had her nose done and her lips inflated too. Not a good look in my eyes.