Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Vue cinema at the O2

Was down there earlier, it opens on June 29, and all tickets on the opening weekend are a fiver.

Plus, the O2 opens this weekend, big free event as part of the Greenwich Festival

Comments

• can you buy tickets for the cinema yet?
  • edited June 2007
    Can you just turn up at the O2 on Saturday and go in ?
  • The O2, Greenwich, SE10
    Sunday 24 June, 1pm - 6pm
    An extraordinary array of leading UK and international street arts and spectacles will herald one of the first free access public events at The O2 in an afternoon programme of free entertainment. The O2‘s open public spaces, situated within the Entertainment Avenue, will be filled with fantastic creatures, music, dance, daring aerial performances, processions and circus. A showcase of outstanding companies who have been public favourites at past Greenwich+Docklands International Festivals, as well as startling new performers, will amaze and thrill in the soaring spaces of The O2.

These will include Plasticiens Volants with giant floating sea creatures inspired by underwater imagery towering over the heads of audiences; French company Aeroplume who create stunning spectacle with their helium filled zeppelin; a new heart stopping bungee dance commission from a young and exciting UK based company Wired Aerial Theatre, choreographed by Wendy Hesketh (formerly of De La Guarda); and Zia Azazi, virtuoso exponents of the ancient Sufi Whirling Dervish dance tradition, whose contemporary interpretation has captivated audiences at outdoor festivals across Europe.

Plus Osadia, The Dream Engine, Scarabeus, Sarruga, Strange Fruit, Factoria Mascara and many more!
  • are there any weblinks for Vue at the o2 I keep getting Finchley Rd...
  • SO what's this thing on Wednesday for local residents then?
  • Razil check here

Henry, a few local bands and some stuff, one of the ramp up events, there was one on Sunday for O2 and AEG staff
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Razil checkhere

Henry, a few local bands and some stuff, one of the ramp up events, there was one on Sunday for O2 and AEG staff

Come on you can sell it more than that. Are lucky soul playing and are the resturants open? Can you look inside the arena?
  • Not sure to be honest, the arena is ticket only, not sure if the entertainment district is open either.

Probably better to go down there on Sunday, more going on, arena will be open for people to look about.

Oh and yeah, Lucky Soul are playing
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Not sure to be honest, the arena is ticket only, not sure if the entertainment district is open either.

Probably better to go down there on Sunday, more going on, arena will be open for people to look about.

Oh and yeah, Lucky Soul are playing

LS are playing when? Wednesday.

Now torn between going Wed (school night) or Sun (riff-raff everywhere)
  • Riff raff everywhere on Weds, LS are playing the arena on Weds.

Go Sunday, more open, more to do
  • Sponsored links:

• Just remembered that I'm going away this weekend to Trickyricky's family Villa on the Costa del Norfolk so Wednesday it will have to be.

Will look forward to see LS live and will just have to hope they don't let too many people who were born in Woolwich in.
    : - )
  • I think Wednesday is "sold out" - you had to have a Greenwich card to be invited.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]I think Wednesday is "sold out" - you had to have a Greenwich card to be invited.

Is that like a Green Card? Do I have to marry someone in Greenwich to get into the 02?
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]I think Wednesday is "sold out" - you had to have a Greenwich card to be invited.

I'll just show them my Charlton Red Card. That will get me in.
  • Anyone with a Greenwichborough address can get a Greenwich Card, but it's too late for this.
    I live in the borough but haven't got one, hence no invite.

http://info.theo2.co.uk/community/20june.html

I don't know what the deal is on Sunday - I presume you have to get tickets beforehand?
  • edited June 2007
    It was a typical Greenwich Council "we won't tell you until it's too late" thing - I had a flyer shoved through my letter box last Sunday advertising it, giving a code and saying the tickets went on offer on Monday - in fact the tickets were on offer on the previous Friday.

You just needed the code and (theoretically) an address in Greenwich borough, no Greenwich Card needed.

As for Sunday's stuff, I think you can just turn up.
  • I cycled by on Sunday and it still appears to be very much under construction still.....
  • Went to the Vue cinema at the O2 yesterday. Nice seats, comfortable, good view but...

You have to queue to get tickets in the same queue that you get food and drink meaning that Lady Irving waiting 15 mins to get a bottle of water and a five alive at which point she was told she couldn't just buy that but would have to get a package of food and drink. After refusing to fall for this con the counter guy did us "a favour" and let us buy what we wanted.

Just not enough counters to deal with the number of people, poor signage which meant everyone was asking "where do I buy tickets?"

Our own fault as we'd pre-booked tickets which took 10 seconds to get out of one only two machines. Next time we'll remember to get snacks and a drink before hand.

Then when the film started (Harry Potter 6/10) it was projected the wrong size so for the first 5 mins so had elongated people and a third of the picture off screen. The screen then went blank and then the film came on correctly.

Had a moan to the manager at the end and got 6 free tickets so credit to them for that.

Afterwards (about 5.00 pm) many of the restaurants still weren't open which meant big queues outside Pizza Express and Zizzi for the people coming to see Barbara Streisand.
  • I saw Keane play in the 02 arena on Saturday. Massive place.

Apparently Keane so far had sold the most tickets out of all the bands that have been there.

Food/drink prices were a joke, but i suppose there bound to be, as said poor signage for such a big place.

Concert was brilliant, can't wait to go there again.

Anyone know what Indigo2 is inside the 02??, massive queue to get into this place and i didn't have a clue what they were queing up for. On that Saturday nighta night club opened for the 1st time, not too sure what it was called though.
  • We had a wander around about 6pm on saturday. We werent going to the concert. Massive queues for all restaurants. hopefully will be better when they are all opened. 8 quid for two pints in the Slug is a bit expensive. Would like to go down when no conert on.

Yousson N'dour was playing the Indigo
  • Sponsored links:

• We went dowm there a couple of days ago when there was no concert on - the security guard was complaining that there was o buzz with the big events. For us the restaurants were pretty empty and so the service was very uick and there was still enough going on - perfect
  • Feels like Bluewater to me.

Had a wander around on Wednesday night (during the Streisand show) and all the bars were fairly busy, except the Inc one which had no customers at all. Which made me chuckle.
  • went to the Vue tonight.

Full of little darlings going to Disney on Ice.

Cinema was great, they even paid for my car park ticket! Special offer for October