Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France

2»

Comments

• Options
    i'm looking forward to it. My housemate's sister's house is on the road where it is going past and we're going up there to sit in her front garden having a bbq, a few beers and general tomfoolery!
  • Options
    Riding up into town on Saturday for the prolouge, should be one of the few days the idiots in cars drive like grown ups.

Park up in Hyde Park and watch the Prolouge as it whizzes through there
  • Options
    The brasses on New Road are gonna be kicking off. I reckon 1 in 3 signs has been stolen from that road alone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Riding up into town on Saturday for the prolouge, should be one of the few days the idiots in cars drive like grown ups.

Park up in Hyde Park and watch the Prolouge as it whizzes through there

I have nothing agianst cyclists, then again I live in the countryside and so it is horse riders that bug me, but the last few weeks they have done my head in. I cannot for the life of me view it as a spectator sport and it goes just past my house
  • Options
    Ledge, that's a real shame. Although I have no interest whatsoever myself, if that's what floats your boat, and the opportunity only comes every ten years or so, you have to go! If not the terrorists have won.

There will be no safer place in the country than at one of the worlds premier sporting events at the height of a security alert. They are not going to attack when everyones guard is up, they are cowards and wait until it is least expected.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I know but my wife is probably about 2- 3weeks away from giving birth and is proper hormonal best give in. I have tried begging as has our son but she gets really stressed.
  • Options
    I can appreciate the skill and endurance needed to do it and i'm impressed by those taking part, if I was in the area i'd probably pop along if i had nothing else on. But like tennis & Golf (although i love to play)it leaves me cold as a spectator so won't be tuning into watch or turning up...
  • Options
    That's why we never had kids Ledge - LOL.

Good luck to you all when the time comes.
  • Options
    It's passing right outside my house so I'll take a look, and the pub across the road is doing a barbeque so that's good but it has screwed up footy training Sunday, Canterbury is basically car free so I can't do it!
  • Options
    Looking forward to it going past I have to say. Though I know it will be pretty quick what I don't really understand is why it is going along by the Thames all the way to Dartford, surely it would have been better to take it up through Greenwich Park and over Shooters Hill.

Greenwich is having a car free day so Greenwich Town Centre will be a nightmare all day.

I am regularly cycling to work now so fall in the cyclist category.