Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Reeves

13»

Comments

• Options
    A bear called @addick1956 goes into a pub.
    Barman says “Why the big paws?”
    Perhaps you can explain that unfunny riddle Lor Paw Paw.
    How do you know it’s unfunny if you don’t understand it?
    Because it was written  by an idiot and it is nonsense.  Not to say an unjustified attack on me from a far. Coward. 
    Says the person who cries when someone calls said person a dick. You have the nerve to say that a perfectly harmless joke was nonsense & then follow it up with your normal nonsense   :D

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Because it was written  by an idiot and it is nonsense.  Not to say an unjustified attack on me from a far. Coward. 
    😄

So brave...key board warrior but hiding. 
    Honestly mate, you couldn't be more wrong. Lord Romford is definitely one of the good guys. Read his comments back in the daylight and you'll see he's just having a bit if innocent fun.
  • Options

How do you know (s)he's an idiot?  That's an unjustified, cowardly attack written from afar (note, not "a far").
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Blimey, mate. Get over yourself.

The poster was only cryptically commenting that the thread hadn't been used for 3 and a half years,
    Nothing personal against you.

This is so typical Charlton life. 
    I made a comment over three years ago. 
    Now it's started an argument. 
    🤣🤣🤣

No it hasn't.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I'll have the £4.50 argument please.

Does that come with added pith?
  • Options
    Peter was elected to the Charlton Hall of Fame last season 
    100% deserved too
  • Options
    I sat in front of his Mum and Dad a few times in the old West Stand when i was a kid.
    Peter was a fantastic player and role model to any young lad.

Had Pete been at Spurs or West Ham or The Gunners he would a played for England, No question about it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peter was one of the first players that I remember from my first games in 1969 - I know that he was demonstrably smaller than some of the other players but he seemed quite tough enough for those days. I played cricket against him when he was playing for Metrogas when they had the ground on what is now IKEA. I’ve no idea whether he brought Rodney Marsh along with him but I wouldn’t bet against it
  • Options
    Just great reading about idolising Peter Reeves as a kid and then having him turn up as his gas man. Surreal! Great player.
  • Options
    Jesus. Some people could start a fight in an empty room.
    Let me spell it out for you:

It wasn’t about you.
    I’ve never engaged with you before. You’re just another poster.
    It was a joke about the gap between comments on this thread. (Obviously)
    You misread the situation and made it into a problem by being paranoid. 
    You got unnecessarily argumentative.
    You don’t seem to know what a keyboard warrior is. I’ll give you a clue: It’s you, not me.
    You escalated it and made it about you.

A bit of friendly advice: Grow a sense of humour, learn some manners, stop childish name-calling, recognise when you’re wrong and stop trolling. It’s embarrassing. 

Hope that’s cleared it up. 
    You can now choose to:
    1) Reflect on your behaviour and acknowledge you were wrong.
    2) Pretend this never happened and move on, or
    3) You could double down and continue to be argumentative, call me a “coward” and an “idiot” to your heart’s content from the safety of your mother’s basement while remaining blissfully unaware how thick with irony that is.

Your choice! 😘x
    You posted some crap aimed at me. I don't know why but you did. Why did you do that? It wasn't necessary.  I don't  know you from Adam. I won't read all that life is too short.

• Options
    I remember 2 of his brothers Johnny and Tiger played for Penhill Standard, a great little team managed by World Soccer journalist Eric Batty. He was a great friend of Ron Greenwood then West Ham manager, both were years ahead in coaching of others .Penhill had some really good players who could have been pros, I think they had John Stenson who went to West Ham.I always wonder why Andy Townsend was never signed by Charlton when he was at Welling, also with Don his dad's connection.
  • Options
    Delfin said:
    I remember 2 of his brothers Johnny and Tiger played for Penhill Standard, a great little team managed by World Soccer journalist Eric Batty. He was a great friend of Ron Greenwood then West Ham manager, both were years ahead in coaching of others .Penhill had some really good players who could have been pros, I think they had John Stenson who went to West Ham.I always wonder why Andy Townsend was never signed by Charlton when he was at Welling, also with Don his dad's connection.
    John Stenson was on Charlton's books as a teenager.
    I'm sure I remember him making his debut for Charlton  in the 3-3 classic with QPR, back in February 1968.

QPR were top of the table, the Morgan twins on either wing and Rodney Marsh pulling the strings in midfield  ......"Rodney is a fairy", chanted the Covered End.  It was a classic Charlton comeback with only 10 men for much of the 2nd half, a "Grandstand finish" as we called in in those days, with late, late goals from Paul Went and Keithy Peacock to earn us a last gasp point.

Was that the day of Peter Reeves wedding, I think? Can you imagine a pro footballer today getting married on a Saturday during the season!
    Charlie Wright was best man and we had another 18 year old making his debut in goal. He ended up in hospital.

Bob Curtis scored a penalty for us before limping off, as he needed to get to the wedding ceremony for a drink.
    Or so the story goes. :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Delfin said:
    I'm sure I remember him making his debut for Charlton  in the 3-3 classic with QPR, back in February 1968.

QPR were top of the table, the Morgan twins on either wing and Rodney Marsh pulling the strings in midfield  ......"Rodney is a fairy", chanted the Covered End.  It was a classic Charlton comeback with only 10 men for much of the 2nd half, a "Grandstand finish" as we called in in those days, with late, late goals from Paul Went and Keithy Peacock to earn us a last gasp point.

Was that the day of Peter Reeves wedding, I think? Can you imagine a pro footballer today getting married on a Saturday during the season!
    Charlie Wright was best man and we had another 18 year old making his debut in goal. He ended up in hospital.

Bob Curtis scored a penalty for us before limping off, as he needed to get to the wedding ceremony for a drink.

Not sure if that was John Stensons debut but he definitely played games for us.

Did Peter & Charlie really miss a game for Peters wedding ? Have to say I don't remember that although it was 50+ years ago so anything is possible  :D

It wasn't unusual in those days though for players to get married in the morning & play in the afternoon.
  • Options
    Just to add a bit more. I think Brian Kinsey had to go in goal. Did we have a gk called Willis who had to go off injured?
  • Options
    Just great reading about idolising Peter Reeves as a kid and then having him turn up as his gas man. Surreal! Great player.
    I remember playing in some summer 5 a side tournament & Peter Reeves was refereeing our game (Guess he was doing a favour for someone ?). He was still playing for Charlton so I couldn't believe he was our ref, as a youngster it's the last thing you expect so I was delighted/excited for some daft reason. Then I made a tackle & he blew up for a foul & told me why (could have been studs up ?)  & all of a sudden I wasn't so star struck haha. Didn't last for long though  :D
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Delfin said:

Not sure if that was John Stensons debut but he definitely played games for us.

Did Peter & Charlie really miss a game for Peters wedding ? Have to say I don't remember that although it was 50+ years ago so anything is possible  :D

It wasn't unusual in those days though for players to get married in the morning & play in the afternoon.
    John Stenson……sadly he never lived up to all the hype he received as a youngster.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pettgra said:
    Just to add a bit more. I think Brian Kinsey had to go in goal. Did we have a gk called Willis who had to go off injured?
    I'm pretty sure Brian Kinsey went in goal away to Bolton, can't remember what year but 67 onwards