Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are you a 'plastic' boycotter?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Are you a helmet?

I think you're more likely to be one mate with that comment.
    And the point of this thread is what?

Another excuse for you to call out fellow fans who may happen to not 100% share your views?

Ah, do we have a non-derogatory question from you this time? - let me think about it.
  • Options
    Round & round it goes...
  • Options
    It won't be the same on here once we are sold.

On the first game at The Valley after the take over we should have a street party behind the Covered End. All three message boards have their own tables, we mix, then kiss and make up.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    Stig said:

Isn’t that Elastic Man, I used to like him?
  • Options
    4. Will be back regularly as soon as he's gone.
  • Options

On the first game at The Valley after the take over we should have a street party behind the Covered End. All three message boards have their own tables, we mix, then kiss and make up.

Don’t get your hopes up.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I just pick and choose my games - I’ve been to 2 home games this season and no aways. I did watch a number of games on iFollow last season but haven’t watched any this season.
    I’d go to more if my boys wanted to.
    I think in general it’s a combination of who we are run by / not enjoying gong / doing other things, that is stopping me going. Hopefully i’ll get the hunger back at some point.
  • Options

I just pick and choose my games - I’ve been to 2 home games this season and no always. I did watch a number of games on iFollow last season but haven’t watched any this season.
    I’d go to more if my boys wanted to.
    I think in general it’s a combination of who we are run by / not enjoying gong / doing other things that’s stopping me going. Hopefully i’ll Get the hunger back at some point.

I hope for your sake as well mate.

You are not looking well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Don’t get your hopes up.
    Hopefully things will get back to the way they were with supporters before 2014
  • Options
    This feels like an inflammatory subject that triggers more of our nervous breakdowns in fear of our clubs future.
  • Options

Stig said:

Isn’t that Elastic Man, I used to like him?
    Plastic man don’t feel no pain.
  • Options
    I was probably what you call a plastic boycotter in that I only did away games but would also turn up at The Valley for anything that I perceived to be a big game.

I grew up spending my Saturdays watching Charlton with my Dad and, bar a few seasons in snide Stone Island gear running around with the 'risk' element of our support, that is how I have always watched Charlton. We boycotted together, but started to see each other less as we found our own things to do on Saturdays. This season we decided to get STs again and I'm glad we did, because we now get to spend some quality time together pretty much every week.

I've got nothing but respect for people like @eaststandmike and those who boycott completely. I just couldn't do it.
  • Options
    I've decided to boycott plastics.

Paper bags all the way for me from now on.
  • Options
    This is the first time in about 23 years I’ve not had a season ticket, through boycott. Before hand I would go to every home game and about 8-10 away games each season.

My Dad started boycotting two years ago, and so I went on my own in that time.

This season has been completely cold turkey - no home or away. I really do miss it but I cannot keep giving that man money whilst he continues to not have the club’s interests at heart.

As for not going to away games this season, it’s simply a case of falling out of the habit of going to football which means I generally don’t know who we are playing until 1-2 weeks before the game.
  • Options
    I support from home and follow the game on Final Score. Saturday PM has become me and Mrs Fattmatt's 'special time'.

The new owners are going to need to be really awesome, or Mrs Fattmatt will need to get really chubbs for me to return.