Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor ban stands, Finley charged, their GK's ban is dropped

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I think the fact that Lyle didn’t complain or argue the toss, and in fact apologised to all and sundry for his actions following the FA’s decision, kind of signifies his admission of some wrong doing.
  • Options
    It's pretty clear watching the footage that he kicked out. I don't know why people complained about it.
  • Options

I think its worse because Taylor goes in with his studs... the way he pushes away is similar to how a player would go in two footed in a tackle and so get themselves sent off

There probably isnt much force in his action but Google the results of what marks a set of studs can leave on an opposing player

What Taylor did would now way leave marks on anyone. Can you imagine the keeper discovering rake marks (or any sort of marks) on his legs and not running to the ref.

I'm with Bowyer, don't really get it.
  • Options
    Pretty stupid to send that angle in as evidence against the decision in my opinion.

That angle footage should have been 'lost'
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    5 game ban for Finley for violent conduct.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46965684
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    We could hope that Fleetwood kicks off then gets abandoned, one left of Lyle's ban and he gets to play in the replay.
  • Options

We could hope that tomorrow kicks off then gets abandoned, one left of Lyle's ban and he gets to play in the replay.

Tomorrow??
  • Options
    Is today Wednesday?
  • Options

We could hope that Fleetwood kicks off then gets abandoned, one left of Lyle's ban and he gets to play in the replay.

Another hg classic.
    If the game's abandoned then it surely can't count as a game played.
  • Options
    It was a bit like the Beckham kick out in terms of force. Silly because it doesn't hurt so only achieves a negative for you. Might be a lesson learned for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    looking at taylors cards this season 9 yellows and red is a lot for 29 games played i think
  • Options
    Apparently Davinson Sanchez wont be charged for the very clear stamp he did on Laurent Koscielny. Looked far worse than what Taylor did but because the officials saw it no further action will be taken. The laws of the game are truly ridiculous.
  • Options
    Apparently Davinson Sanchez wont be charged for the very clear stamp he did on Laurent Koscielny. Looked far worse than what Taylor did but because the officials saw it no further action will be taken. The laws of the game are truly ridiculous.
    In which case it's the officials who should be getting a three-match ban.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    That is a crazy rule. Mark Halsey was complaining how he had a bad angle on a tackle once where the player tried to take someone's leg off but didn't even get a booking. He told the FA and they said they weren't going to do anything because he had technically 'seen it'.

He said clearly he hadn't seen it properly because now that player was getting away scott free with violent play.

Madness.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    That is a crazy rule. Mark Halsey was complaining how he had a bad angle on a tackle once where the player tried to take someone's leg off but didn't even get a booking. He told the FA and they said they weren't going to do anything because he had technically 'seen it'.

He said clearly he hadn't seen it properly because now that player was getting away scott free with violent play.

Madness.
    Football needs an "On report" option like in rugby league.

If the referee thinks something naughty may have happened but hasn't had a good enough view of the incident to be absolutely certain, especially if it's a possible red card offence, he should be able to flag the incident for a later review.

It may not be necessary in top flight matches next year because of the introduction of VAR but it could play a bigger part in Divisions two, Three, and Four.
  • Options
    Good idea, what did the ref send the Accrington goalie off for? Red card rescinded on the Monday so what did the ref actually see or thought he saw?
  • Options
    Rugby is so far ahead of football in terms of 1) respect to the officials and 2) retrospective actions. Those 2 points are indisputable facts.
    But the backwards in terms of sliding around dressing rooms naked and drinking each other’s body fluids?
    I mean you say backwards, but how much do you know someone really until you've drunk their piss and wedgied them til they bled before beating each other up and having a cheeky reach around?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Rugby is so far ahead of football in terms of 1) respect to the officials and 2) retrospective actions. Those 2 points are indisputable facts.
    But the backwards in terms of sliding around dressing rooms naked and drinking each other’s body fluids?
    I mean you say backwards, but how much do you know someone really until you've drunk their piss and wedgied them til they bled before beating each other up and having a cheeky reach around?
    Shouldn't the above be on the hobbies thread ?
  • Options
    So Sam Finley, who received a five match ban for that stamp on Taylor is in more trouble, This time he's received an eight game ban for using abusive language.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer player!
  • Options
    So Sam Finley, who received a five match ban for that stamp on Taylor is in more trouble, This time he's received an eight game ban for using abusive language.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer player!
    The incident was on the 1st January, so quite quick for the EFL!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whilst abuse is undesirable obviously I find it strange that a kick to the head is deemed less serious than being rude and offensive.

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Whilst abuse is undesirable obviously I find it strange that a kick to the head is deemed less serious than being rude and offensive.

I suspect that it was eight matches only because it was his third serious offensive. It should have been a 12 match ban at least for each of the stamp and racist language incidents.
  • Options
    Guy is a prick. Every time I saw him in other games plus a few others.. they were a nasty piece of work.