Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronaldo gets 23 month Spanish prison sentence

Comments

• No doubt he'll offer to pay £2.50 and it will all be forgotten.

Didn't Messi have a similar case a while ago? Did he go to prison or somehow wriggle out of it?
  • "The deal, agreed in advance, includes a 23-month jail sentence.

But in Spain, convicts do not usually do time for sentences under two years."

That policy would go down a storm in Britain.

I do feel a bit for footballers who probably have no clue what their accountants are doing, other than accepting their reassurances that everything is above board. They should share some of fines and responsibility.
  • edited January 2019
    Every footballer ever who's played in Spain seems to not pay their tax. But he won't go to prison, because it's a first-time offence and the fine will suffice, under Spanish law.

Messi, Ronaldo the alleged rapist, Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, Marcelo, they're all at it.
  • Ronaldo is reportedly worth £350 million so I doubt he’s going to suffer too much after paying the fine.
  • Chunes said:

"The deal, agreed in advance, includes a 23-month jail sentence.

But in Spain, convicts do not usually do time for sentences under two years."

That policy would go down a storm in Britain.

I do feel a bit for footballers who probably have no clue what their accountants are doing, other than accepting their reassurances that everything is above board. They should share some of fines and responsibility.

Next time he should ask Jimmy Carr et al for some tax advice.
  • HANG HIM!!!!
  • edited January 2019
    The fact he agreed to the deal in advance shows exactly how bothered he is by it.

And the prison sentence is conveniently one month below the term requiring an actual prison sentence. So basically it's just a fine.

And given that Forbes estimated last year he made $61 million in wages and $47 million in endorsements, i'm pretty sure he won't be too fussed by losing 16m. It's basically what he earns in 2 months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Having been on paye all my working life and having my tax and insurance stopped automatically it really pisses me of that the ultra rich are always looking for ways to avoid paying what they should.

If only there was a Europewide political organisation trying to crack down on it... :smirk:
  • Having been on paye all my working life and having my tax and insurance stopped automatically it really pisses me of that the ultra rich are always looking for ways to avoid paying what they should.

If only there was a Europewide political organisation trying to crack down on it... :smirk:
    How's that working out for them?

Well three Labour government s under Blair did fuck all about it.
    Sorry to mention politics on here I shall now stop.

Should this be a whoosh?

Should this be a whoosh?

Whoosh away if it pleases you.

Indeed mate but they need to find where the 900 million that gets fraudulently lost every year is found first...

How's that working out for them?
    It isn't.
  • Think if I was really rich....(like Ronaldo) to the point where money is not even something to worry about. You would never ever run out of it.

It's pretty much just one less common kind of problem, so mostly everything would feel like it's free.

The only problem it may cause, is possible internal lonlieness....so you don't actually know who your true friends are.

Are they interested in me? Or my money?

Other then that.....

Not every rich individual is a good person or a bad person.

It is not a black and white thing.

All I know and believe is, is that if I had that amount of money, I would be proud to pay tax. Proud to know that I'm of value for my country.

Why would you try to run away from it? What good does it do?

So you think you've saved millions...

But you already have millions. Where is it all going. Just going to sit in an account? Inheritance for the kids?

What does it do?

In the end, does it simply just become a number? Does it make you happy? Are you saving and saving and saving and so paying more tax would just be a pain?

You already have nice things.

Come back to reality.

Get your head out of your ass.

Stop being angry. The problem is....maybe the anger and competitive nature is what gets them to this point of success in the 1st place.

The selfish can not see and feel reality. They must carry on this way. It is all they know. It is how they got here.

I don't actually even think a lot of women would find Ronaldo attractive. I think, after a while, the coldness would put them off.

Sure, he sleeps around a lot. Of course he does. It is in his power to do so. They will love the Ronaldo that is on the surface.

Does it ever last though. Does he make them feel loved?

Is it my business?

No not really.

Would I rather be me though or would I rather be Cristiano Ronaldo?

I would always choose to still be me. Everytime.

• edited January 2019
    Ronaldo is a knob
    Why on today of all days would u post a picture of you on a jet.

What a dick, forget about yourself for 2 minutes and try and go 2 minutes without taking a selfie, you self obsesses twonk
  • Ronaldo is a knob

What a dick, forget about yourself for 2 minutes and try and go 2 minutes without taking a selfie, you self obsesses twonk
    There's a reason the bloke is the most followed person on instagram with over 150m followers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ronaldo is a knob

Because he can.
  • Ronaldo is a knob

There's a reason the bloke is the most followed person on instagram with over 150m followers.
    Because most people these days are shallow morons?

Should this be a whoosh?

Maybe not - it might be just swerving a point that might make you look inconsistent in your judgment?