Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live - Podcast out - Accy reaction with highlights and Bowyer, plus Andy Holt

edited January 2019 in General Charlton
Listen live via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ or if that doesn't work, via the tune in website here - https://tunein.com/radio/Charlton-Live-s268151/ - or via the Tune In app on your mobile phone/tablet.

Join us at 7pm as we look back at yesterday's feisty 1-0 win over Accrington. We'll hear the highlights of the game and also speak to Addicks boss Lee Bowyer. Once we've discussed the game, we'll also hear from award-winning Accy owner Andy Holt on the sensible ownership of football clubs. @Weegie Addick join us in the studio to talk about the Supporters Trust's event at the Swan with Andy yesterday, and we also have an update from Heather Alderson of CARD on their meeting with the EFL during the week. (there's a BOGOF offer on Heathers this week)

Join in the discussions below!

Contact the studio -

Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive
or Comment in this thread

Comments

• A clean sheet, 3 points, 90th winner and a large brawl for good measure.

Biggest positives was that we kept plugging away until the very end.

MOTM Dillian Phillips, made two vital saves in both halfs, and a strong cameo for Ben Reeves.

• Don't forget to turn the broadcast on tonight Louis!!!!
  • Can you get this live on the radio or that Alexa Amazon thing?

Only through the links above at the moment
  • Next 3 games will really show the bullocks this team has (might be a pun intended there). Think we've got the midfield options right now that can make up for some of the creativity we'll miss from Lyle. Might have to go with a different formation from what we've been doing, but I think we've got the players to still get it done!
  • Can you have a 10-minute break whilst I wash my hair?
  • Who is in charge of the music on match days? We need to get some intimidating music on before kick off and before the red red robin comes on and after the final whistle whack it up loud and get a decent song on. Was thinking “ain’t no stopping us” would have been superb after yesterday’s game
  • edited January 2019
    Not sure I agree with Bowyer not being in any urgency to sign a striker. Igor is not expected back until end of Feb and Taylor even if he gets the red card overturned he is only two yellows away from 10 bookings and a ban anyway.
  • Just a thought, had Lyle gotten up with a bloodied head the ref possibly wouldn't even have red carded the lad and turned his cards elsewhere.
  • Bielik is the nuts!
  • Sponsored links:

Done some more research into this @Henry Irving

I think it might be possible to get us on the Alexa as we have a tune in page

https://help.tunein.com/how-do-i-enable-tunein-live-on-alexa--BJ7ploc5M

The above link says how to open tune in on the Alexa - not sure exactly how you get it onto our channel from there as I don’t have an Alexa but presumably just shout Charlton Live at it.
  • LouisMend said:

Can you get this live on the radio or that Alexa Amazon thing?

Done some more research into this @Henry Irving

I think it might be possible to get us on the Alexa as we have a tune in page

https://help.tunein.com/how-do-i-enable-tunein-live-on-alexa--BJ7ploc5M

The above link says how to open tune in on the Alexa - not sure exactly how you get it onto our channel from there as I don’t have an Alexa but presumably just shout Charlton Live at it.
    Exactly this. Listened via Tune in on Alexa the past 2 Sundays
  • Really good edition this week, always helps when all the guests have actually been at the game the previous day, unlike the very old days when you would hear "well unfortunately I was not at the game yesterday Mark...."
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Really good edition this week, always helps when all the guests have actually been at the game the previous day, unlike the very old days when you would hear "well unfortunately I was not at the game yesterday Mark...."

Thanks for this. I will move on from our little spat on the other thread ;-)
  • Great edition Louis, but you’ve gotta sort your levels out. I nearly got deafened by some of the clips (wearing headphones).
    Also, some of you are much closer to the mic than others.
    It’s not good enough!

Angry from Battersea
  • JamesSeed said:

Great edition Louis, but you’ve gotta sort your levels out. I nearly got deafened by some of the clips (wearing headphones).
    It’s not good enough!

Angry from Battersea

On BBC London Phil Parry said that @LouisMend needed a lie down in a darkened room after playing his commentary of our goal ...
  • JamesSeed said:

Great edition Louis, but you’ve gotta sort your levels out. I nearly got deafened by some of the clips (wearing headphones).
    It’s not good enough!

Angry from Bermondsey

Fixed it for you ;)

Will try and work on levels - had two people sharing a mic on Sunday which was less than ideal.
  • Really enjoyable edition. You should get the BOGOF Heathers on more often - great contributions ladies.
  • Sponsored links:

• AshBurton said:

Really enjoyable edition. You should get the BOGOF Heathers on more often - great contributions ladies.

Too many Heathers, lucky or otherwise, and you'd be appealing to the Gillingham audience.
  • AshBurton said:

Really enjoyable edition. You should get the BOGOF Heathers on more often - great contributions ladies.

Too many Heathers, lucky or otherwise, and you'd be appealing to the Gillingham audience.
    Or find another one from somewhere and we can commit murder...

(if you know your 1980's film history.)
  • AshBurton said:

I instinctively lol'd this as it sounded both witty and deep ... but actually I have no idea what you're referring to.
  • AshBurton said:

AshBurton said:

I instinctively lol'd this as it sounded both witty and deep ... but actually I have no idea what you're referring to.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathers