Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker and pool tables bexley or central london

Can anyone recommend a club that hires out pool and snooker tables for a couple of hours? I have some colleagues from the states coming over that want to go and “ shoot some pool” and snooker and have a few beers, thanks

Comments

• Sports Bar in Crossrail Canary Wharf has pool tables. Beer is a bit steep mind you! No idea how much it is to hire the tables though.
  • Used to be a snooker club in Welling that was pay as you play.

Not sure if it's there anymore though?
  • Rileys in Victoria. Expensive but definitely worth a look at.

There used to be Riley's all over the place, Woolwich, Lewisham and Biggin Hill to name just three that I know of. Have they all gone now?
  • JWADDICK said:

Rileys in Victoria. Expensive but definitely worth a look at.

There used to be Riley's all over the place, Woolwich, Lewisham and Biggin Hill to name just three that I know of. Have they all gone now?
    The Woolwich one is under a different name now, Hustlers Sports bar, same lay out as before though.
  • JWADDICK said:

Yeah, most of them died a death with the smoking ban.
  • Hurricane Rooms, King's Cross is probably your best shout. You might have to book though/become a member, I'm not sure.

Failing that, Number One London Bridge can do, even though it's a bit of a dive (doesn't stop me playing there perhaps once a week though as it's 2 mins from work).

Hustlers Sports Bar in Woolwich is another option if you're good to travel that far, £12 membership for the year though I think.
  • Number 1 at London bridge is good for Pool, they have both English & American Pool. Very cheap pints for London too
  • Thanks all for the comments, I will have a look into them
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely Hurricane Rooms in Kings Cross. When i went you didn't need to be a member.

Was gonna say the exact same
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Sports Bar in Crossrail Canary Wharf has pool tables. Beer is a bit steep mind you! No idea how much it is to hire the tables though.

£20 deposit, then £20 an hour for pool. Added with Pricey beers, it's a bit steep.
  • JWADDICK said:

As others have said, mostly yes. Frankly, how the one in Victoria keeps going is beyond me - when I meet my mates up there in the afternoon for a game of snooker we are often the only ones in there! And as its in an area of ludicrous property prices, the site must be a sitting duck for redevelopment.

• Eltham Terrace, is very close to Bexley and a decent club with about 8 tables. Sometimes can get crowded though around the tables. £5 an hour and beers/drinks are decent, they dont mind you taking food in there too. Parking on the street or behind for free

Hurricane rooms is quite decent we played a county match there this season, but the parking will be rubbish unless Sunday. also not quite sure how near it is too you.

I could probably tell you more around Maidstone/Rochester/ Tonbridge area as thats where i predominantly play pool.
  • Eltham Terrace, is very close to Bexley and a decent club with about 8 tables. Sometimes can get crowded though around the tables. £5 an hour and beers/drinks are decent, they dont mind you taking food in there too. Parking on the street or behind for free

Hurricane rooms is quite decent we played a county match there this season, but the parking will be rubbish unless Sunday. also not quite sure how near it is too you.

I could probably tell you more around Maidstone/Rochester/ Tonbridge area as thats where i predominantly play pool.

Hello mate, Tonbridge area would be ok, actually based in Sevenoaks so that area could also be possible

I'm a member of Chatham pool and snooker club which is somehow still going. Its a hive for thieving groups of Albanian kids. I don't smoke but if anyone walks down the 6 flights of stairs for a smoke they have to take their cue and all valuables with them now. Me and my mate had to liberate my cue from the little cunts last time we were down there and I'd only gone to the bar while he was having a burn outside.

Other than that it's very cheap for membership, drinks table hire and the tables are well maintained by and large.

Not many snooker tables left now but tons of pool tables
  • JWADDICK said:

And the change in the rules for Poker buy in's and prize money. I used to go to Riley's all the time to play live Poker, big turn outs spending money on a game of snooker before the Poker starter plus food & drinks in the bar.

As soon as the Poker rules changed it died on its arse.
  • Carter said:

Eltham Terrace, is very close to Bexley and a decent club with about 8 tables. Sometimes can get crowded though around the tables. £5 an hour and beers/drinks are decent, they dont mind you taking food in there too. Parking on the street or behind for free

I'm a member of Chatham pool and snooker club which is somehow still going. Its a hive for thieving groups of Albanian kids. I don't smoke but if anyone walks down the 6 flights of stairs for a smoke they have to take their cue and all valuables with them now. Me and my mate had to liberate my cue from the little cunts last time we were down there and I'd only gone to the bar while he was having a burn outside.

Other than that it's very cheap for membership, drinks table hire and the tables are well maintained by and large.

May I just say I suspect you have convinced @Bigfatpete that this is the venue to take his guests to! :-)
  • JWADDICK said:

And the change in the rules for Poker buy in's and prize money. I used to go to Riley's all the time to play live Poker, big turn outs spending money on a game of snooker before the Poker starter plus food & drinks in the bar.

Yep, a fair point. I used to be a regular at Frames in Downham. Poker was a big thing there that kept it going until the rule change.
  • Sponsored links:

• rileys - haymarket

Hello mate, Tonbridge area would be ok, actually based in Sevenoaks so that area could also be possible
    I live in Sevenoaks, play most of my pool Tonbridge/ Tunbridge wells. Greatly in need of a proper pool place, i hear the Victoria in T wells are looking to put a few more pool tables. Other than that just pubs and tables are nowhere near to the level of maidstone, Eltham next best, do you play for a team @Bigfatpete or just a hobby?
  • Carter said:

Eltham Terrace, is very close to Bexley and a decent club with about 8 tables. Sometimes can get crowded though around the tables. £5 an hour and beers/drinks are decent, they dont mind you taking food in there too. Parking on the street or behind for free

I go there for the odd comp, £5 flyer on a friday. Next Saturday i have a pool tourney, i have never seen any trouble. Outside and the highstreet lots of dodgy people and tramps asking for money but never had a problem personally and have been late Friday/Saturday, during days. Pool tables are semi decent, although i mainly go for a comp. Would prefer to go Maidstone (Centuries , near gala bingo) or Jordans in Rainham (Jordan Church, well known pool pro and a lovely bloke)

Just on the flipside, i often will leave my cue in a corner or others bits but dont smoke. I do know a few people in there too so i never have any worries personally.
  • JWADDICK said:

Yep, a fair point. I used to be a regular at Frames in Downham. Poker was a big thing there that kept it going until the rule change.
    Poker at eltham too, also Centuries but not that often there and quite a few places still around for live poker as i also play when i get the chance, more focused on pool these days
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Sports Bar in Crossrail Canary Wharf has pool tables. Beer is a bit steep mind you! No idea how much it is to hire the tables though.

£20 deposit, then £20 an hour for pool. Added with Pricey beers, it's a bit steep.
    Christ almighty, ouch!
  • Oh there's a snooker/pool club in Petts Wood. Just above Morrisons on the West sodenof the railway line.

No idea how many tables/costs as have never been in there!
  • Probably wont be good to you but Q Stix in Catford is nice, decent prices and decent tables
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Oh there's a snooker/pool club in Petts Wood. Just above Morrisons on the West sodenof the railway line.

2 pool tables, 12 snooker tables at Petts Wood.

Another shout for Hurricane Kings Cross... very good although it is popular so worth ringing up to find out about booking etc.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Oh there's a snooker/pool club in Petts Wood. Just above Morrisons on the West sodenof the railway line.

Used to go there when younger to play snooker, didnt have 8ball (english pool) only a couple of 9 ball tables then but had about 10 Snooker tables. My mum knew the person who run it so i would always get a good deal but was more pricey then other clubs i used to go.
  • I would also suggest : Q Ball Sports Bar, Time Square, Southernhay, Basildon, Eseex, SS14 1DJ

If you are happy to go slightly further afield, only took about 45 mins from Sevenoaks, we played a county game a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed. Proper sports bar, 4 pool tables in the main bit, then a further 7-8 in the other room with snooker tables. drinks/food was quite cheap, depends if you are going for a bit and people happy to drive.
    First time i went there and everyone was very impressed, shame we cant get any nearer to me along that level, there would be a market for it im sure