Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019 London Marathon Thread

Who managed to get in?

For the first time in 7 years I scraped in!

How is training going?

Are there any posters who are running that are also fundraising?

Comments

• Good luck with the training @Dazzler21
  • An amazing race to run in terms of atmosphere and support if you haven't done it before. Keep your training up and consistent. How much do you have to raise?
  • edited January 2019
    Fortunately I managed to swing a ballot place so am simply fundraising for a charity close to me.

Will share the link soon, but this was more interest in seeing who else got in.

I am running Brighton 2 Weeks before which is coupled into my fundraising effort. The plan is to race that and enjoy London.

• Not this year, doing Paris instead. I will be there watching with a pint. Think Jackson is running it
  • johnboy59 said:

Had a place (charity) running for Mind last year 2018 but got diagnosed with prostate cancer Dec 2017 so deferred place to 2019. Now having completed chemo and radiotherapy during 2018 I am up to 25 miles a week. The longest run since completing treatment 10miles. Don't think Mo has anything to worry about as have only ever done half marathons before. Could be dark when I finish but I will do it. Any tips welcome also

If you wish to make a donation to Prostate Cancer UK, please go to:-

https://www.finetunedigital.com/prostate-cancer-calendar-2019/

Wow well done you! Thats pretty impressive to be back out running marathons after a bad year.
    Good luck.

• johnboy59 said:

Had a place (charity) running for Mind last year 2018 but got diagnosed with prostate cancer Dec 2017 so deferred place to 2019. Now having completed chemo and radiotherapy during 2018 I am up to 25 miles a week. The longest run since completing treatment 10miles. Don't think Mo has anything to worry about as have only ever done half marathons before. Could be dark when I finish but I will do it. Any tips welcome also

If you wish to make a donation to Prostate Cancer UK, please go to:-

https://www.finetunedigital.com/prostate-cancer-calendar-2019/

top work getting back running after that

if you're already doing 10 miles/25 mile weeks then you've got a massive head start over most of the field. just gradually build the mileage and you'l be good

I'm in this year, will be doing my first 20 miler for a while on Sunday