Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Who - new album on the way

2»

Comments

• Options

I read this the other day, really looking forward to it.

When I went to RD's book launch in October, he came over to our side of the stage on his way out and stopped for a brief chat with people. Someone asked him about new music/tours and he said maybe, even with The Who. Thought he was just saying it to please people but maybe not.

Whatever happened to Pete's book... :wink:
    He released it years ago?
    Just re-reading it again.
  • Options
    UK tour being announced on Monday morning.

Have seen them quite a few times over the years and have to agree with @Riviera. The show they put on at the last O2 gig was amazing. Pete & Roger staring up at the visuals of Ox & Moon playing over 5.15 with as much reverence as us in the crowd gave me goosebumps. Brilliant show.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

UK tour being announced on Monday morning.

Have seen them quite a few times over the years and have to agree with @Riviera. The show they put on at the last O2 gig was amazing. Pete & Roger staring up at the visuals of Ox & Moon playing over 5.15 with as much reverence as us in the crowd gave me goosebumps. Brilliant show.

I last saw 'The Who' live at the Isle of Man during TT week centenary in 2007. I think that they sruggled to sell out. Townsend wasn't very respectful of the departed Entwhistle, which surprised me.

I'm pleased that I went but it was nothing like I remember The Valley in 1976 or Wembley in 1980(?).

I love the album Daltry did with Wilco but I stopped buying Who albums tears ago when they simply released old tracks in different orders in a blatant attempt to milk fans based on old glories.

The Who remain my favourite band but I'm well passed cheering them on if they come on 'stage, fart and walk off again' as per the write up after the Wembley gig i attended.
  • Options
    They're playing Wembley stadium on July 6th with Eddie Vedder & The Kaiser Chiefs. Tickets on sale Friday.
  • Options
    Just heard "who are you" on Planet Rock. Had another verse at the end that I've never heard before ( I have the original album) and it also had a somewhat masked "who the fuck are you" rather than the usual radio edit of "who the hell are you".

I assume this is a new remastered copy. Any ideas ??
  • Options

Just heard "who are you" on Planet Rock. Had another verse at the end that I've never heard before ( I have the original album) and it also had a somewhat masked "who the fuck are you" rather than the usual radio edit of "who the hell are you".

There is a single and album version of the song, although it's the album version that has the extra verse.
  • Options
    The video to the full version, with the extra verse, on You Tube
  • Options

There is a single and album version of the song, although it's the album version that has the extra verse.
    Correct Master Who.
  • Options

They're playing Wembley stadium on July 6th with Eddie Vedder & The Kaiser Chiefs. Tickets on sale Friday.

Just got mine in the pre-sale. Every time I've seen them recently I've thought it would be for the last time so am buzzing for this.
  • Options

They've opened a pop up shop in Brewer St for today & tomorrow only. Popped in earlier and managed to bag a signed copy of the new Roger Daltrey Tommy CD.

They're also doing a promotion on the Wembley concert, buy on get one free.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of my favourite bands but not interested in a bunch of old guys trying to sound like pop stars of yesteryear 
  • Options
    Doronron- agree.

Who were great, sorry boys don’t bother
  • Options
    Going anyway...
  • Options
    I promised myself NOT to comment on this .. BUT, I must .. any band featuring Daltrey and Townshend yet missing Keith Moon, is NOT the WHO .. might be good, BUT the Who they aint
  • Options

Released today, ordered mine in a limited pre-sale a few months ago and got a copy signed by Townshend.

On my second listen now, it's a great album, much better than Endless Wire.

• Options
    So far..... I think the outstanding track is all this music will fade, followed by detour
  • Options
    So far..... I think the outstanding track is all this music will fade, followed by detour
    Sounds similar (in words) like the “Music must change” (Who are you album). 
  • Options
    Pre-ordered it from Amazon, was meant to arrive today but now they're saying no earlier than the 16th  :s
  • Options
    Really? Rock music to have a nap to, only to be woken by Daltrey ending it by saying, quite gratuitously "Who gives a fuck?" Oooh, sooo edgy. Jesus wept.

(usual disclaimer, music is the ultimate matter of personal choice; and I did like Ball and Chain. It's on Spotify so I'll give it a go) 
  • Options
    Really? Rock music to have a nap to, only to be woken by Daltrey ending it by saying, quite gratuitously "Who gives a fuck?" Oooh, sooo edgy. Jesus wept.

(usual disclaimer, music is the ultimate matter of personal choice; and I did like Ball and Chain. It's on Spotify so I'll give it a go) 
    Actually I think that's Townshend at the end of the track. You're right about music being personal choice. But you just happen to be wrong about this album :-:wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    Sounds similar (in words) like the “Music must change” (Who are you album). 
    I feel the sentiment on music must change is ' we can't  keep being My generation and won't get fooled again' . All this music music will fade is more like Pete saying "well this is it, take it or leave it" 

Meet the new boss? Who gives a f**k
  • Options
    Yes, yes, yes. The Who announced 4 intimate, acoustic gigs at Pryzm, Kingston upon Thames in Feb. Very limited amount of tickets available but managed to get one. F*****g delighted.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Hi Prague.  No it's not "My Generation" or "Won't get fooled again" but I think Pete has mellowed without losing all of his youthful angst.  The cynicsm of age is becoming more pronounced, that's all.  After all, at 74 it would seem to be a bit naff singing "hope I die before I get old".

Now I've had more of a chance to listen to it I still think "Who" is a good album.  Not classic, but good.
  • Options
    Just heard that they've cancelled next month's tour that had been postponed from last year. Gutted, had tickets for Wembley & Royal Albert Hall and was hoping they'd be postponed again.
  • Options
    Just heard that they've cancelled next month's tour that had been postponed from last year. Gutted, had tickets for Wembley & Royal Albert Hall and was hoping they'd be postponed again.
    Brexit, probly