Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Highlights of RD's ownership?

Comments

• Options
    Fraeye and Meire escaping from Colchester in a laundry basket.
  • Options
    The pitch. It was terrible before he bought our club.

But this says it all about Roland's ownership. He has had 5 years of being at our club and the highlight of his ownership to me is that the pitch isn't as bad.
  • Options
    I had forgotten Lepoint, also I don’t have the Roland stacking it video but it’s been on here before so someone will be able to find it I’m sure...
  • Options
    He did appoint Bowyer as interim and the eventually permanent manager.

Done a lot worse.
  • Options
    The only highlight will be seeing the back of the deluded old twat when the takeover finally gets completed. I just hope I live long enough to see it.
  • Options

He did appoint Bowyer as interim and the eventually permanent manager.

Done a lot worse.

More by luck than judgement one has to say.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Easier car parking.
  • Options

To take this thread literally, I did enjoy the early months of Peeters. I have to admit I liked him, and I enjoyed watching Bikey play. I think he was badly let down by the owner,

Agree with this. Had passion and thing under other circumstances he would have done ok.
  • Options
    To take this question seriously for a moment, I enjoyed seeing this from a seat in the lower West...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2726763/Bob-Peeters-Uwe-Rosler-touchline-bust-Charlton-s-late-Championship-victory-Wigan.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RDG said:

To take this question seriously for a moment, I enjoyed seeing this from a seat in the lower West...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2726763/Bob-Peeters-Uwe-Rosler-touchline-bust-Charlton-s-late-Championship-victory-Wigan.html

Hes got no hair but we dont care
  • Options
    The take over thread , so many hours of entertainment and emotions..... and I didn't even have to leave my chair .
  • Options
    Staying up against Watford
  • Options
    To take the question literally:

(1) Staying up in 2013-2014. The last third of that season under Riga.
    (2) 2014-2015...the start under Peeters and the finish (with quite a decent squad) under Luzon.

Since then 3 consecutive seasons of drab and under achieving football have certainly taken the shine off things. Assuming RD is still here in May, and we went up (which seems entirely possible given recent results) I guess it would be churlish not to to regard this as a "highlight".
  • Options
    Get over it - Bows, Jacko and the boys are on a tear 👍
  • Options
    nope, cant think of any..he's dead to me
  • Options
    JBG was a personal highlight reel for me. The best player we've had under RD by a big margin.

A few highlights that haven't been mentioned yet, JBG's rocket against Slade's Cardiff when we were 0-1 down with 10 men and battering them for an equalizer. Winning the ball, cutting in from the right to the centre and unleashing an unstoppable rocket.

Another Cardiff game coming back from 0-1 down to win away 2-1.

Also the 4-1 away win at Rotherham when Jose Riga came back after recent humiliations at Colchester, Hull and Huddersfield. This one gave renewed hope we could stay up.

Also last season's 2-2 draw at home to Peterboro with two injury time goals to come back from 0-2 down at 90 mins and then even nearly winning it at the death!
  • Options
    Meeting KM - totally misunderstood
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fadgadget said:

The take over thread , so many hours of entertainment and emotions..... and I didn't even have to leave my chair .

And I've learned of at least four new species of fish.
  • Options
    The 'employment' of Driesen was a masterstroke.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Fraeye and Meire escaping from Colchester in a laundry basket.

Straight from the scripts of 'Allo 'Allo.

Meire: "Is the coast clear?"
    Fraeye:"How should I know? We are twenty miles away from the coast!"
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

The 'employment' of Driesen was a masterstroke.

Then you get stuck with the twat when you start an FM file。
  • Options
    The only highlight will be the moment the cantankerous, old oxygen thief takes out a biro and scrawls his signature on the sale agreement and fucks off, permanently.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    This transfer window, indeed this season where he has acted like a proper owner. And I say that as one of the Belgian 200. If the takeover doesn't happen and he continues to back Bows, I could live with it and forget the previous 4 years. Bought half season, first since 2014.
  • Options
    In the early days will never forget
    Katrien's comment Roland does not do FAILURE!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Getting shot of the Spivs.
    Failing to do Due Diligence so that the sale of the club would become a nightmare.
    Telling us via the Medium of Meire that we were like of his children (who he hasn't seen since 2014).
    His ranting outbursts on the Official Site that showed his delusion about what was really going on.
    The fact that he never quite understood that the B20 were there to harass him and mock him, yet he continued to see them and be recorded and filmed - none of which he appeared to ever learn from.
    Finally, being caught out having lunch whilst we played at Swindon when he should have been glued to his bunker-TV feed watching us religiously as Meire was always keen to lie to us about.
  • Options
    Beach balls, whistles, Flying Pigs & Taxis, topped off with a shredded sofa!