Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FC Barcelona - Ticket Advice

Asking for friend, but one of my Canadian chums is visiting Spain in the next couple of weeks and wants to to go to a football match. She's identified Barcelona vs Leganes on Jan 20 as fitting their schedule but she's asked me for help in picking tickets and I have never been to the Nou Camp. She doesn't want to spend too much so has identified north or south corners (39 euros) and there's also the north goal for 29 euros. Anyone here been to the Nou Camp for a match and do you have any advice on where to sit? Those are the cheap seats so right at the top of the stadium. She not a football fan as such, so more interested in getting the match day experience and sampling the atmosphere than watching to football, but obviously she wants to be able to see the best she can and those seats look a long way from the pitch to me. For another 5 to 15 euros she could get a seat on the lower 3rd tier, but I'm not sure how much better the view/atmosphere will be.

Comments

• The hotels in and around Barcelona usually can get you tickets.
    That's all I have.
  • Asking for friend, but one of my Canadian chums is visiting Spain in the next couple of weeks and wants to to go to a football match. She's identified Barcelona vs Leganes on Jan 20 as fitting their schedule but she's asked me for help in picking tickets and I have never been to the Nou Camp. She doesn't want to spend too much so has identified north or south corners (39 euros) and there's also the north goal for 29 euros. Anyone here been to the Nou Camp for a match and do you have any advice on where to sit? Those are the cheap seats so right at the top of the stadium. She not a football fan as such, so more interested in getting the match day experience and sampling the atmosphere than watching to football, but obviously she wants to be able to see the best she can and those seats look a long way from the pitch to me. For another 5 to 15 euros she could get a seat on the lower 3rd tier, but I'm not sure how much better the view/atmosphere will be.

Barcelona Official website is easy for buying tickets, with a seating diagram so you can pick your exact seat. Think they do "Print at Home" now as well. I sat in the top tier, but along the side rather than behind the goal (Lateral Stand I think it's called) for Barcelona vs Ajax a few years ago. Had a seat in the front row of that tier, which I thought was a great place to sit to take in the magnitude of what is a truly great stadium - the pitch is a long way down but view is fine. There's no atmosphere at all apart from a handful in the bottom tier behind one of the goals, very passive support in the rest of the stadium, so not really worth trying to get in with where the atmos is.

Only word of caution for the top tier is that, for my visit, everyone in that bit seemed to be a tourist - I was sat next to the gangway with a constant flow of people coming down the front to do selfies all through the game and obstructing my view/being a nuisance in the process.

So I would say top tier is fine but go in the front row and get a seat in the middle of the row rather than by the gangway.

Final caveat - it's a fair climb to the top tier, so if you're friend is elderly or not very mobile she might want to bear that in mind.
  • Thanks MrLargo - mobility shouldn't be an issue, and people constantly getting up and down and generally doing anything but watch the game is the norm, in my experience at least, at north American sports so that likely won't bother her. The atmosphere certainly will be no less flat than at an NHL game.
  • We sat about two thirds up in the south east stand. Bought our tickets from the Barca website.
    I Thought the view was excellent.
    In some respects it's good to watch Barca from a lofty position because you can really see their movement around the pitch which is breathtaking at times.