Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury List

Comments

• Options
    Djicksteel, Nabs, and Bielik have all been in pretty decent form lately.
    Shame someone gets benched but it’s a great problem for LB to have.

Imagine being 1 up away somewhere and taking off the tired legs to bring on any of those guys.
    No more late equalisers/winners I hope.
  • Options

cafc_se7 said:

I don’t get the anti Sarr! I honestly don’t think Pearce is a huge loss! Sarr has been solid! Whilst Pearce’s leadership is second to none....I think he is reckless and his passing ability is nowhere nears Nabys! I love how Naby tries to go forward with every pass! Pearce only goes sideways or back to the keeper!

I agree. I do like watching Naby. He may make the occasional error but who doesn't and his passing ability from the back is pretty good.
    We've got Big Nabby Sarr,

Better than Franz Beckenbauer,

We've got Big Nabby Sarr,

Better than Franz Beckenbauer,

to the Solly is f****** quality tune.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    It shows just how much big Nabs has improved this year that we don't miss Pearce while he is out.

Last year when we lost Pearce we really struggled. This year we haven't missed him and tbh I'm not sure I would bring him straight back as soon as he is fit. As good as he is unless Naby's form drops is woukd keep him in.
  • Options

It shows just how much big Nabs has improved this year that we don't miss Pearce while he is out.

Last year when we lost Pearce we really struggled. This year we agent missed him and tbh I'm not sure I would bring him straight back as soon as he is fit. As good as he is unless Naby's form drops is woukd keep him in.

Agreed. Sarr also lets us build from the back much better than Pearce.
  • Options
    Sarr has done nothing to deserve being dropped and his style brings enough for it to stay his place to lose for now.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

I don’t get the anti Sarr! I honestly don’t think Pearce is a huge loss! Sarr has been solid! Whilst Pearce’s leadership is second to none....I think he is reckless and his passing ability is nowhere nears Nabys! I love how Naby tries to go forward with every pass! Pearce only goes sideways or back to the keeper!

I think the anti Sarr comments are some people not moving on from how Sarr first played. He seemed a complete liability more often than not when first on a Charlton shirt. But impressed how much he seems to have improved especially this season
  • Options
    Charlton boss Lee Bowyer says there is no timescale yet for Lewis Page’s return from a groin injury.

The defender has been missing since October 2.

The Addicks signed Ben Purrington on loan from Rotherham United last Thursday and he made his debut in the 3-0 victory at Shrewsbury Town.

“Lewis is still getting pain – it is going but slowly,” said Bowyer.

“I’m hoping he will be back sooner rather than later but I’m not going to hold my breath. I don’t think there is a timeframe. It is each day and each week – how he reacts to certain stuff.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-unsure-on-return-date-for-defender/
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Pearce gives you leadership and Sarr quality on the ball. There are going to be times when you need one quality and others when you need another. When there is confidence in the side, I think it better to have quality on the ball. When you are under the cosh, Pearce is probably the first player you would want playing.
  • Options
    If anyone has the Lifers Stats it would be interesting to compare Naby's unbroken runs of games and his relative scores towards the end of the sequences. Whether he played alongside Rojo or on the right of the defence might also be relevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If anyone has the Lifers Stats it would be interesting to compare Naby's unbroken runs of games and his relative scores towards the end of the sequences. Whether he played alongside Rojo or on the right of the defence might also be relevant.

all average marks for all players are in the statbank except against Shrewsbury when only 2nd half of the season was shown, so it is as easy for you to work that out as me. - good luck
  • Options

Josh Cullen and Ben Reeves both back in squad for Saturday.

Charlton Athletic boss Lee Bowyer’s selection options have been strengthened for Saturday’s home game against Accrington Stanley – with Josh Cullen and Ben Reeves both fit.

On-loan West Ham United midfielder Cullen had been missing with a dislocated shoulder.

But Bowyer revealed last week that he was closing in on a return.

“Josh Cullen is back in the squad,” said Bowyer. “Ben Reeves is back in the squad.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-handed-huge-boost-as-on-loan-west-ham-united-midfielder-available-to-face-accrington/
  • Options
    Hope Beilik is ok after that horror challenge by one of our fans !
  • Options
    Morgan out or 6 weeks! I’m not surprised he was due to start today, despite good competition in midfield - he was excellent for us in recent games
  • Options

Morgan out or 6 weeks! I’m not surprised he was due to start today, despite good competition in midfield - he was excellent for us in recent games

Maybe explains why our Midfield wasnt quite at the races today if they'd been preparing differently all week
  • Options
    The usual one in and one out that sums up our injury record. Tough on Morgan, though slightly surprised he was down to start today, it would be interesting to know who actually replaced him
  • Options

The usual one in and one out that sums up our injury record. Tough on Morgan, though slightly surprised he was down to start today, it would be interesting to know who actually replaced him

Cullen.

The rest of the team lined up as per last week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm not too upset - a young player comes in and does well than starts slipping back. It isn't a reflection of Morgan's prospects, but I could see that happening. A break after his good start will be good for him mentally although he will certainly be frustrated.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Cullen.

It doesn't follow that in Bowyer's original team Cullen would have been on the bench though. After all he played the full 90 today, so it wasn't as if his fitness was an issue
  • Options
    Hopefully the Taylor appeal goes well! Otherwise we are going to be praying that Igor gets fit soon!
  • Options

Hopefully the Taylor appeal goes well! Otherwise we are going to be praying that Igor gets fit soon!

I really wouldn't want to be relying on Igor... it's not as if he looked super sharp before the shoulder injury
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Cullen.

It doesn't follow that in Bowyer's original team Cullen would have been on the bench though. After all he played the full 90 today, so it wasn't as if his fitness was an issue
    You maybe right, but during the week Bowyer had said that Cullen was ready to be in the matchday squad, so logically would have been on the bench.

Bowyer said in his post match interview that the team shape and preparations were made with Morgan in the starting team, until he got injured in training on Thursday.

Last week, Bowyer also said that Cullen's been running for quite a while and that he's naturally a very fit lad, so I'm sure he had every confidence he could last the 90mins.

Reeves had only just returned to training after being injured for a few weeks, so it was unlikely he would start in place of Morgan. Cullen evidently, in Bowyer's opinion, had better fitness of the two?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Cullen.

You maybe right, but during the week Bowyer had said that Cullen was ready to be in the matchday squad, so logically would have been on the bench.

Bowyer said in his post match interview that the team shape and preparations were made with Morgan in the starting team, until he got injured in training on Thursday.

Last week, Bowyer also said that Cullen's been running for quite a while and that he's naturally a very fit lad, so I'm sure he had every confidence he could last the 90mins.

Reeves had only just returned to training after being injured for a few weeks, so it was unlikely he would start in place of Morgan. Cullen evidently, in Bowyer's opinion, had better fitness of the two?
    I was surprised Lapslie didn't come in, as he came off the bench to replace Morgan last week
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Cullen.

I was surprised Lapslie didn't come in, as he came off the bench to replace Morgan last week
    Me too, Killer ..... and maybe we could have done with his energy and movement, especially in the 1st half.

But in Bows we trust and all that.

• Options

I really wouldn't want to be relying on Igor... it's not as if he looked super sharp before the shoulder injury
    I also wouldn’t rely on an appeal going well. Looking at our previous success on appeals, combined with the tendency of the football league to overrule refs and even consider any appeal in cases like this, I would rule out the potential of success up front
  • Options
    Igor was lifting and carrying around his kiddie very comfortably yesterday so hard to see any ‘shoulder injury’ preventing a swift return to the team, if needed.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Igor was lifting and carrying around his kiddie very comfortably yesterday so hard to see any ‘shoulder injury’ preventing a swift return to the team, if needed.

I'd be more reassured if he was lifting and carrying around Naby Sarr!