Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taylor/Grant

2»

Comments

• Options

Grant had already started to score goals BEFORE going to Crawley.

Don't doubt the loan did him good but we'll never know if he could have done as well playing in a front two for us.

Yes, I suspect if he;d stayed and played regularly up front he;d have got goals for us too - maybe not as many, but what difference it might have made to have him available for those play-off games instead of Ajose or experimenting with Kaikai.
    Yes
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Grant was put into the team to young so many people judged him to quick. But going out on loan to what's the best thing that could happen to him

I must have been the only one gutted when he went on Loan last season, thought he gave us a different option which we didnt have, PACE UP FRONT!
    I was gutted as well. Just started to look good and we sent him on loan. Go figure.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Mametz said:

I suspect that the real difference for Grant is that he is simply older, stronger and more experienced. He was thrust unexpectedly and far too soon into the first team as a newly turned seventeen year old because of injuries to more experienced players and has had to cope with multiple changes of managers and systems. Even as a eighteen year old in a struggling team people were writing him off. His loan at Crawley, away from the carping and criticism has obviously served him well.

One of the very few things I would give Robinson credit for. Sending him to Crawley under the guidance of Harry Kewell who played up front on a regular basis, was what the lad needed.

Even the incident during the summer has not been seen to effect his good form for us this season
    Sorry but I don't agree. Grant could have stayed with us & KR play him up front as he is now, rather than out wide. Instead KR sent him off to Crawley & we got Kaikai & Zyro in on loan instead. That worked out well then.

And before anyone says anything about hindsight I was saying this from day 1 last January.
  • Options
    That would truly suck
  • Options
    Crawley gave Grant confidence. I'm sure that was the biggest factor. A very good loan.
  • Options

That would truly suck

Apparently he’s always been a Millwall fan. His family still live a few streets from the Old Den.
  • Options
    Millwall have no chance of getting him - they can't afford him. Post crap on your own forum.
  • Options

Heard we are going for Taylor. Don’t shoot the messenger, just something I’ve heard through the grapevine.

Don't go back.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    They had him and released him - Taylor will be looking to shove that down their throats when we next play them. As will we all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This lads move will be prem, 100%
    Just glad I've seen prem star of the future at the valley.
  • Options

That would truly suck

Apparently he’s always been a Millwall fan. His family still live a few streets from the Old Den.
    £5m if your lot want him. £2m to everyone else
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

That would truly suck

£5m if your lot want him. £2m to everyone else
    And £200K for a Roland fire sale!
  • Options

Millwall have no chance of getting him - they can't afford him. Post crap on your own forum.

We’ve still got 8 Million of the Saville money to spend apparently.

• Options

Thought the Hales/Flanagan partnership would have been more than 39. Would like to see what the Hales/Horsfield partnership produced as they must have been next in the list.

Hales was sold before Christmas or it would have.
  • Options

We’ve still got 8 Million of the Saville money to spend apparently.

Ok, £8M and you've got a deal.
  • Options
    They'll both be gone by Saturday. Heard Roly will be happy with £400k for both of them.
  • Options

Really? He’s 28 and the only level of football he’s been prolific at is in lower leagues and Scotland.
  • Options

They had him and released him - Taylor will be looking to shove that down their throats when we next play them. As will we all.

As I said he’s 28. The next time we play you he’ll probably be retired. :wink:

Ciao
  • Options

Really? He’s 28 and the only level of football he’s been prolific at is in lower leagues and Scotland.
    Bit tongue in cheek in all honesty with the prem star of the future, however, yeah I recon he would do a team like huddersfield, Burnley, Brighton, a huge favour for a couple of years whilst he is peaking. His work rate and effort would be well appreciated in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bit tongue in cheek in all honesty with the prem star of the future, however, yeah I recon he would do a team like huddersfield, Burnley, Brighton, a huge favour for a couple of years whilst he is peaking. His work rate and effort would be well appreciated in my opinion.
    Mid championship at best I reckon. And I reckon, at his stage of his career he would be over the moon with that.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Nah Taylor is taking us to the Prem.

By that point @Addickted2TheReds will have proposed marriage to him on Twitter so many times that it will have got a bit (more) creepy. His actual girlfriend will have left him as she's fed up with how he stays in all day drooling at the sight of the Taylor posters on his bedroom wall.
  • Options
    @Addickted2TheReds girlfriend knows more about real Charlton legends than he ever will
  • Options
    So I've been told. Not sure you are too of that list though Henners! :p
  • Options

Heard we are going for grapevine. Don’t shoot the taylor, just something I’ve heard through the messenger.

I think this makes more sense, no need to thank me.
  • Options

Heard we are going for grapevine. Don’t shoot the taylor, just something I’ve heard through the messenger.

I think this makes more sense, no need to thank me.
    Thank you
  • Options

Nah Taylor is taking us to the Prem.

By that point @Addickted2TheReds will have proposed marriage to him on Twitter so many times that it will have got a bit (more) creepy. His actual girlfriend will have left him as she's fed up with how he stays in all day drooling at the sight of the Taylor posters on his bedroom wall.

You're just jealous... he loves me.

• Options
    Ian Walker alert
  • Options
    You gotta love Lyle Taylor and how he handles his social media.

Absolute gent.