Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friday Fun - Truth and Lies

2»

Comments

• Options
    Okay

1) I have represented my country (Great Britain) in two world championships.

2) I once scored six goals against Welsh International Carl Young in a competitive match at Subbuteo, who was one of Britain's top players at the game at the time.

3) The bloke was my best man at my wedding on July 22nd last year.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Valley_McMoist - I think number 1 is a lie.

Incorrect...I have a cousin by the name of Stuart Potter who in 1996 played for England against Australia

Stuart Potter

My lie is that I've never been to a garden party and met the queen
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]Okay

2) I once scored six goals against Welsh International Carl Young in a competitive match at Subbuteo, who was one of Britain's top players at the game at the time.

3) Theblokewas my best man at my wedding on July 22nd last year.

Your lie is number 3, I reckon
  • Options

No.2 is wrong
  • Options
    No. 2, Carl Young is made up.
  • Options

3) The [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imre_Leader]bloke[/url] was my best man at my wedding on July 22nd last year.

I will go with number three as the lie.
  • Options
    No look at charlie block's details... he lists othello organisations in there and this best man business is a othello champ.
    I reckon no. 2.

Valley i thought that the garden party was a dead cert for the truth in your civic duties!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]

Your lie is number 3, I reckon

I say the subbuteo one
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Those who thought No 2 was the complete fib are wrong. I actually used play quite a bit some 20 years ago or so. It was in an inter-club competition in Leicester in 1988 where I lost 7-6. AT one stage I was 1-0 up (scoring after seconds - my fastest competitive goal I think). It is number 3 which is the lie as I am not married.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Number 2 is bollox - you've never been to a nightclub

That was a guess for you Curb it

yes but it wasnt a serious guess.

Kigelia and MCS are correct, three is totally made up... the rest is true.

So who was the footballer, then, Curb_It?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

Valley i thought that the garden party was a dead cert for the truth in your civic duties!

I had an invite last year but I had to work so The Mayor took her friend instead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]No. 2, Carl Young is made up.

Definitely not made up - try googling carl young subbuteo
  • Options
    1. Got abused by Paddy Ashdown for trying to trace a transaction through his depatment.

2. Clean bowled a former test cricketer

3. Won the fathers race on school sports day and beat a Professional footballer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]1. Got abused by Paddy Ashdown for trying to trace a transaction through his depatment.

Number 2 is the lie?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]1. Got abused by Paddy Ashdown for trying to trace a transaction through his depatment.

mmm I guess 3 is not true
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]

Number 2 is the lie?

Correct! I did bowl to the late, great Conrad Hunte many years ago and beat him once. The rest of the time he tonked me round the park!
  • Options
    okay three more

1. In 1997 I took a direct train from Sheffield to Minehead, which has been the only time I have ever been to the West Somerset town.

2. I know someone personally who has made a claim on national television that we will be able to live to 1,000.

3. I once arrived at Ashford International station in the cab of a shunting locomotive like this.
  • Options
    No. 1. reckon thats wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]okay three more

1. In 1997 I took a direct train from Sheffield to Minehead, which has been the only time I have ever been to the West Somerset town.

2. I know someone personally who has made a claim on national television that we will be able to live to 1,000.

3. I once arrived at Ashford International station in the cab of a shunting locomotive like [url=http://www.kentrail.co.uk/Class%2009.jpg]this[/url].

number 2 is the lie as the other two have had way too much thought gone into them to be false.
  • Options
    This sounds like fun....

1 I've visited 63 different league grounds to watch matches
    2 I've beaten Lemmy from Motorhead at Space Invaders at the Reading Festival
    3 I've been a Charlton Fan on Soccer AM three times
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]This sounds like fun....

1 I've visited 63 different league grounds to watch matches
    2 I've beaten Lemmy from Motorhead at Space Invaders at the Reading Festival
    3 I've been a Charlton Fan on Soccer AM three times

tough one. I'm going for 3. I reckon you have only been on there twice !
  • Options
    it's 1.

I've only done 57 so far, another 6 this season will take me to 63

2 True, backstage at the festival.

3 True, including the show before the play off final.
  • Options
    57 ?

Johnny come lately..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Johnny come lately..........

LOL, that's me :)
  • Options
    1 - I can piss ten feet over my head
    2 - I have been on TV playing Ice Hockey
    3 - I have an IQ of 173
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]1 - I can piss ten feet over my head
    2 - I have been on TV playing Ice Hockey
    3 - I have an IQ of 173

I reckon 3 is the lie? Anyone who can piss ten feet over their head can't be that bright.