Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If 'you' are what I deserve, am I 'I' ? or am I 'deserve'.

Taken the Liberty of speculating on Nabi's ponderings during that lonely long walk...

Your thoughts, or silence welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    No idea what the title of your thread means.....But

I expect he was thinking..." thank fuck I can have a warmnbath & get out of the cold & rain.. "

• Options
    "And can now have Christmas off".
  • Options
    "Thank God I was sent off, that Wagstaff was nasty to me, and now I'm upset"
  • Options
    I think those Christmas perfume ads have a lot to answer for
  • Options

I expect he was thinking..." thank fuck I can have a warmnbath & get out of the cold & rain.. "

Its existential you see...

When mum told me; "you get what you deserve !!! ", I immediately went about deconstructing (a bit like Nabi Sarr).
    However, I soon came to a dead end (Nabi again), as I wasn't sure weather I have earned my deserveness and then got what I've got, or maybe there is only the 'deserves and undeserved' for which we (the 'I' and you) are only vehicles (Richard Dawkins).

Obvious hey...?

Like Sarr I ended up in the shower, and weather his ending was as happy as mine or not, I feel proudly bonded with the great man.

• Options

When mum told me; "you get what you deserve !!! ", I immediately went about deconstructing (a bit like Nabi Sarr).
    However, I soon came to a dead end (Nabi again), as I wasn't sure weather I have earned my deserveness and then got what I've got, or maybe there is only the 'deserves and undeserved' for which we (the 'I' and you) are only vehicles (Richard Dawkins).

Obvious hey...?

Like Sarr I ended up in the shower, and weather his ending was as happy as mine or not, I feel proudly bonded with the great man.

Not even Gelan Swift could work that out!

• Options
    Neither.
    You are 'what'.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Just Say No
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny Mills was right
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Obvious hey...?

Is it possible to be both? Some people get what they deserve both positive and negative whilst others are born into a system that will see them getting what they don't deserve more often than not.

Whether or not you can consider an accident of birth (or taking it further the distribution of your DNA) as getting what you deserve is a higher matter.

Would a grape vine consider itself as getting what it deserves? Or would it consider itself to be at the centre of an exploitative system where it has no control. Would the fact it has no control to rise up against its oppressors mean that it gets what it deserves?

Has a grape vine got the ability to think beyond the seemingly narrow constraints of how it endlessly reproduces itself? Would grape vines exist in such numbers if they were not being ruthlessly exploited. Ergo are we all prostitutes?
  • Options

Obvious hey...?

Is it possible to be both? Some people get what they deserve both positive and negative whilst others are born into a system that will see them getting what they don't deserve more often than not.

Whether or not you can consider an accident of birth (or taking it further the distribution of your DNA) as getting what you deserve is a higher matter.

Would a grape vine consider itself as getting what it deserves? Or would it consider itself to be at the centre of an exploitative system where it has no control. Would the fact it has no control to rise up against its oppressors mean that it gets what it deserves?

Has a grape vine got the ability to think beyond the seemingly narrow constraints of how it endlessly reproduces itself? Would grape vines exist in such numbers if they were not being ruthlessly exploited. Ergo are we all prostitutes?
    I'm out of a job now...
  • Options

Obvious hey...?

I'm out of a job now...
    You get what you deserve.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Is that a proposition ?
    Or is it mum again...
  • Options
    You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometime, you find
    You get what you need
  • Options

Taken the Liberty of speculating on Nabi's ponderings during that lonely long walk...

Your thoughts, or silence welcomed.

This year's award for the weirdest heading goes to...
  • Options

Is that a proposition ?
    Or is it mum again...

What you should be asking is not whether it is your mum or a proposition (aren't they essentially the same thing?) but whether or not you deserve it to be either or neither. Of course if you follow the Manichean view of life (and we all deserve to follow it) wouldn't you view neither your mum or a proposition as being a thing at all but something that necessarily opposes the very concept of deserving/undeserving.
  • Options

Is that a proposition ?
    Or is it mum again...

What you should be asking is not whether it is your mum or a proposition (aren't they essentially the same thing?) but whether or not you deserve it to be either or neither. Of course if you follow the Manichean view of life (and we all deserve to follow it) wouldn't you view neither your mum or a proposition as being a thing at all but something that necessarily opposes the very concept of deserving/undeserving.
    No, I haven't lost the other sock...
    How did you find me here mum..?
  • Options
    I hope no one thinks the ref was racist on a message board
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wandered lonely as a cloud;
    Maybe I'm Bambi on ice.
  • Options

Is that a proposition ?
    Or is it mum again...

No, I haven't lost the other sock...
    How did you find me here mum..?
    Lenny, is that you...
  • Options
    Time for a bit of verse.
    Stevie Smith.

Nobody heard him, the dead man,
    But still he lay moaning:
    I was much further out than you thought
    And not waving but drowning.

Poor chap, he always loved larking
    And now he’s dead
    It must have been too cold for him his heart gave way,
    They said.

Oh, no no no, it was too cold always
    (Still the dead one lay moaning)
    I was much too far out all my life
    And not waving but drowning.
  • Options

Obvious hey...?

Grapevine would've written at least 3 times that.
  • Options

Obvious hey...?

Obvious hey...?

You know the man too?
  • Options

Obvious hey...?

Obvious hey...?

You know the man too?
    Oh yes, I most certainly do!

• Options
    Talal said:

Obvious hey...?

Grapevine would've written at least 3 times that.
    Yeah but his would have made sense.
  • Options
    I am he as you are he as you are me
    And we are all together...
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

I am he as you are he as you are me
    And we are all together...

It is not possible for you and I to exist together, therefore we are not together. It is possible that everybody else shares a togetherness that is beyond my grasp. But if my is I and everybody is me then it is likely that none of us can exist together.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Its tense, not philosophy.