Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Club World Cup

2»

Comments

• Options
    Can all of Liverpools games be VAR controlled from Qatar, maybe see some decisions go against them then haha
  • Options
    Don’t like VAR. still lots of ridiculous errors made so what’s the point.
  • Options
    Urgh I just read somewhere if Liverpool win this they will be the 1st English side to win the International Treble

Champions League
    European Super Cup
    Club World Cup

In a calender year

United came close but lost to Zenith in the 08 Super Cup after winning Champions League
  • Options
    Bollocks
  • Options
    Must be hard starting a tournament in the semis. 
  • Options
    Poor that with all that technology and he still can’t see that’s a foul. Also how was it not also a red card where a yellow was originally given when he gave the initial penalty.
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Poor that with all that technology and he still can’t see that’s a foul. Also how was it not also a red card where a yellow was originally given when he gave the initial penalty.
    Double Jeopardy

Although I am confused as to when that comes into play as I have seen reds given for pens this season despite the new Double Jeopardy rule
  • Options
    VAR is always right!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Must be hard starting a tournament in the semis. 
    We'd still nause it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazing what £400m of players will do for you.....

amazing record last two seasons though. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Amazing what £400m of players will do for you.....

amazing record last two seasons though. 
    Their net spend in the last 4 seasons is only 83m. Pretty impressive really.
  • Options
    Sold a player who was already there for 140m odd 

and palace paid about 50m for Benteke and Sakho!! 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Sold a player who was already there for 140m odd 

and palace paid about 50m for Benteke and Sakho!! 
    Isn't that all part of running a club though? 

They also bought Mane, Salah and Firmino for about 100m combined.
  • Options
    I dont agree with net spend at all, 

From a business point of view yes it may be a good thing, but we are not CEOs we dont care about the business side off thing.

At the end of the day Klopp has spent £400M to achieve what he has achieved, if he has got £320M of that from player sales then great for him, but it doesnt change the fact he has achieved what he has achieved by spending money.

• Options
    European Super Cup
    Club World Cup
    Paint Pot Cup
    Full Members Cup
    Anglo Italian Cup
    The Peoples Cup

Love all the shit ones equally.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Crazy how quickly Klopp has turned Liverpool round.

In 2016 they finished EIGHTH in the premier league!

Now 3.5 years later they have reached 2 consecutive champions league finals, are champions of Europe, super cup winners, world club cup winners, are runaway premier league leaders and are unbeaten in the league for almost a year.
    He has bought really well. VVD being the best signing imo. Man City really messed up not signing him. 
  • Options

From a business point of view yes it may be a good thing, but we are not CEOs we dont care about the business side off thing.

At the end of the day Klopp has spent £400M to achieve what he has achieved, if he has got £320M of that from player sales then great for him, but it doesnt change the fact he has achieved what he has achieved by spending money.

Every club in the country spends money, Liverpool would appear to be better than anyone else at doing so.
  • Options

No one is saying he hasn't spent money, as obviously he has. But as a fan would you rather his approach or United's 'throw money at it and hope it works' approach?

And from 8th in the league to champions of Europe on what is essentially a spend of around 20m a year, is pretty amazing.
  • Options
    Isn’t it the top clubs whining about needing a winter break? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ah, it looks like we have Lord Sugar's next business partner.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

No one is saying he hasn't spent money, as obviously he has. But as a fan would you rather his approach or United's 'throw money at it and hope it works' approach?

And from 8th in the league to champions of Europe on what is essentially a spend of around 20m a year, is pretty amazing.
    Again its not £20M a year tho is it maybe net spend but if he has done it in 3 years spending £400M  its essntially a spend of £133M a season on new players, with that you can buy 2 or 3 decent players a season, so over 3 seasons thats 9 decent players, maybe a few extras if yoy can get players like Gomez on the cheap.

He has spent the money well and the players he has bought have worked out, but like other clubs they could easily not have done as well.

All I am saying is, peiple go on about net spend like it means a massive thing, but it doesnt matter if you have made money selling players like Benteke to Palace for whatever it was, it might help your buisness side of things but when you break it down, its still £400M spent
  • Options
    Of course net spend is important as when you sell players you lose the talent they hold, the higher price a player goes for the more talented one might assume they are.

Benteke was also not sold for 50m.
  • Options
    Net spend is clearly a sensible indicator of how intelligent a football team is being with its recruitment. Silly to suggest otherwise. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Net spend is clearly a sensible indicator of how intelligent a football team is being with its recruitment. Silly to suggest otherwise. 
    Indeed. And also how successful a manager is by making the strategic decisions to buy and sell players when necessary.
  • Options
    Benteke went for £27m
  • Options

Again its not £20M a year tho is it maybe net spend but if he has done it in 3 years spending £400M  its essntially a spend of £133M a season on new players, with that you can buy 2 or 3 decent players a season, so over 3 seasons thats 9 decent players, maybe a few extras if yoy can get players like Gomez on the cheap.

He has spent the money well and the players he has bought have worked out, but like other clubs they could easily not have done as well.

All I am saying is, peiple go on about net spend like it means a massive thing, but it doesnt matter if you have made money selling players like Benteke to Palace for £50M, it might help your buisness side of things but when you break it down, its still £400M spent
    This was exactly the point i made in my original post.

8th in the league to Champions of Europe and has spent hardly anything overall. Of course you have to take into account the transfer money received, Liverpool are well run and can't spend like City or PSG. For example without selling Coutinho they probably couldn't have got both Alisson and Van Dijk.
  • Options
    Of course net spend is important as when you sell players you lose the talent they hold, the higher price a player goes for the more talented one might assume they are.

Who said Benteke was 50m?
  • Options
    Benteke went for £27m
    Dont know whats worse!!

Liverpool managing to get £27m out of him, or Palace paying it
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Who said Benteke was 50m?
    Paulie did, before he edited his post after being called out on it. "but it doesnt matter if you have made money selling players like Benteke to Palace for £50M"