Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Charlton | Tue 11 December 2018

Comments

• Options
    How was that not a foul on Lapslie? And the ball looked out of play. Well done to him though for not letting it go dead.
  • Options
    Still feel we need a 3rd to seal the deal
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Aribo looking somewhat lost here, but all together a strong team performance so far.

Lyle Taylor is everywhere!

Apart from being the main creator of our first goal.
    Are you here?

That's been his only positive influence on the game, he has lost the ball on several runs and misplaced almost as many passes as Reeves has.

He did well for the first goal, but otherwise a very average performance whilst everyone else busts a guy.
  • Options

Still wanted to go to preston in the cup.

You can still go, and watch Doncaster Rovers play!!!
  • Options
    As for Charlton that is the best half of the season - Weve made the top team in this Division look ORDINARY!!... As mentioned they've barely had a sniff at goal with the Centre Backs and Lapslie being standouts at the moment.

Bielik too is having an excellent game whilst their defence are struggling to deal with the pace of Ajose / Grant / Taylor; they dont even like the pressing from Reeves.

Only slight negatives for me have been Aribo who has dithered at times and Sarr who has gone walkabout a couple of occasions, cant be letting Jamal Lowe that much freedom!!

As for Bowyer though he's got his tactics spot on... Ensuring they cant attack down the flanks and forcing their CBs to go long which has just been easy for Bauer and Pearce
  • Options

Utter madness. Please don’t fuck this up lads.

Now you’ve fudged it....
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Aribo looking somewhat lost here, but all together a strong team performance so far.

Lyle Taylor is everywhere!

Footage seemed to show that Aribo created the first goal through hard graft from our own half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Still wanted to go to preston in the cup.

We did go Preston in the cup, we lost on penalties
  • Options
    Sarr has been doing the Playstation charge a bit too readily. Not sure you can really do that from full-back. Still, proactive at least I guess (I wouldn't make a good spin-doctor)
  • Options
    Was it in? was it out? I ain't got a clue. Nor do I care, we've had enough crap decisions against us this season.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Jesus these half time Portsmouth blokes are twats

Moaning that the second goal should have been a throw in for them seeing the ball went out before Lapslie crossed... How about a free kick to us after he was pretty much wrestled to the floor

Mate. I was at Portsmouth Poly. I wa surprised to find out that Portsmouth is an island. It was full of insane ingrates. That half time confirmed nothing has changed.

Loving to hear them moan about our hard tackling and niggling tactics though.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Lovely goal from Ajose even if it’s a tap in. If there was One player I always want to see do well it’s him.
  • Options
    Some heavy duty whingeing from the commentators, you would think we were as cynical as Don Revies Leeds listening to them.
  • Options
    What biased commentators on I follow . Charlton time wasters, ref poor, Bauer and Pearce foiling etc etc
  • Options

Moaning that the second goal should have been a throw in for them seeing the ball went out before Lapslie crossed... How about a free kick to us after he was pretty much wrestled to the floor

Mate. I was at Portsmouth Poly. I wa surprised to find out that Portsmouth is an island. It was full of insane ingrates. That half time confirmed nothing has changed.

Millwall of the South Coast.
  • Options
    Commmmmoooonnnn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on Charlton.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
  • Options

Whats laughable is the fact they were saying that they shouldnt have been dragged into a gritty fight with us... Seriously!! - if they think we're a gritty team then they need to look at about 70% of sides in this Division
  • Options
    Keep up the good work guys. Snow patrol about to start in Dublin Errna so looking forward to a catch up session in a bit (or if they are rubbish through the gig annoying all the lads and lasses around me)
  • Options

Then a great flick from Taylor and Ajose is alive at the back stick for a change.
    And great timing by Ajose to move away from his marker, leaving him for dead to gain a yard of space before getting on the end of Taylor's header across.

First time strike, outside of the boot, steady and composed.

Great anticipation. A proper striker's goal.

• Options
    I’m surprised at how many are shocked. We always beat Portsmouth. We are their Millwall.
  • Options
    46' The second half is off and underway...
  • Options
    49' Portsmouth fans want a penalty. No chance.
  • Options
    52' Chance! Aribo lays off to Reeves in the box, but his effort is blocked.
  • Options
    We want 3!!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Attempt missed. Nicky Ajose (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the right side of the box is close, but misses to the left.

Beilik was the provider.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!