Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A people divided but some clarity after Tuesday?

The most burning issue of our times has divided us totally, irrespective of age, class or location. Family members are not on speaking terms, old friendships have been destroyed, and loyalties withdrawn. Did they do the right thing? Who was pulling the strings? And will we remain or get out?

While we will not have the definitive answer until May 2019, we should have a little more clarity by the end of this Tuesday.

Once we know the Portsmouth result we can at least pass a provisional judgement on whether Bowyer was right to rest key players and forfeit the Cup match. After which I hope for a time of healing and coming together once more.

As to whether we will remain in this poxy division or get out, we may not know until May 2019.

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Any family that allows football or politics to pull them apart was never a strong family unit in the first place. It was full of individuals that failed to put family first.

Anyway, wasn't this a classic example of the older generation putting the younger generation first and thinking about their futures? Let's face it, there's a good chance that the older players will die before the younger players.
  • Putting the whole cup thing down to experience.
    Still pretty wet around the ears in terms of management so hopefully he'll be better for it in the future.
  • Hard to get too worked up given the mediocrity of some of our recent football. We still look like a L1 side.
  • If the result goes the wrong way on Tuesday, then there could be about 48 letters into HQ asking for Bowyer to go. 😀
  • Any family that allows football or politics to pull them apart was never a strong family unit in the first place. It was full of individuals that failed to put family first.

Anyway, wasn't this a classic example of the older generation putting the younger generation first and thinking about their futures? Let's face it, there's a good chance that the older players will die before the younger players.

Any family that allows football or politics to pull them apart was never a strong family unit in the first place. It was full of individuals that failed to put family first.

My one aim in life is to die young, whilst at the same time to go on living for as long as possible.

• Addickted said:

Really don't care what division we are in.

Just want our mad owner and his entourage gone so I can get back to The Valley and support my team once again.

The football has been irrelevant since the Watford 5-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Northern Ireland issue is key. Should we keep Jamie Ward after January?
  • Pompey have lost 1 league game all season can’t see us adding to that tally, as they are a stronger side and we have 2 winnable home games coming up afc and gills, would be good to win them to a.) put 6 points on the table b.) wind up the local unwashed
  • edited December 2018

Pompey have lost 1 league game all season can’t see us adding to that tally, as they are a stronger side and we have 2 winnable home games coming up afc and gills, would be good to win them to a.) put 6 points on the table b.) wind up the local unwashed

Yet that defeat was against Gillingham...

Its a sign they're beatable by anyone rather than just a big team - Just need to find out what their achilles heal is
  • Pompey have lost 1 league game all season can’t see us adding to that tally, as they are a stronger side and we have 2 winnable home games coming up afc and gills, would be good to win them to a.) put 6 points on the table b.) wind up the local unwashed

Its a sign they're beatable by anyone rather than just a big team - Just need to find out what their achilles heal is
    13 game ago in all comps

Since then
    11 wins
    2 draws

24 scored
    8 conceded
  • I bet player for player we easily match Portsmouth (with a question mark over defensive midfield). With the right tactics of course we can beat them

13 game ago in all comps

Since then
    11 wins
    2 draws

24 scored
    8 conceded
    What about Blackburn at the Valley last season then - Or Plymouth who went seven games undefeated

Dont get me wrong their run is impressive but there is always someone who has to end another teams good run of form - I dont see why that cant be us, especially when everyone was expecting a thrashing at the hands of Barnsley who themselves had just one defeat prior to their visit to the Valley?

Plymouth | Rotherham | Portsmouth | Blackburn | Barnsley have all been beaten by Bowyer since he took over which for me shows he knows how to beat the big teams - Could even argue that Sunderland and Peterborough deserve to be in that list seeing those were games that ended controversially in defeat