Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A ray of hope

One of my daughters used to have a season ticket and we sat together for several years towards the front of the upper west. She loved Chris Powell and her favourite player was JJ. She began to lose interest Andy's she got older and eventually gave up the season ticket, though she came to some of the big protest games. Only yesterday someone at work asked me if my family were also football fans and I said, 'My wife and daughter used to be.' She's at university in Leeds now.
I've just picked up my phone and on Whatsapp she has screenshotted the fixtures for 22nd December with the message, 'Can we go to this?' I think I must have something in my eye at the moment.
The point of this post is that being a football fan and a Charlton fan is something that is buried deep and takes root. Years of absence and a shit owner can't kill it. It gives me hope that once that twat finally sells a lot of old fans will come back, however they might feel at the moment.

Comments

• I sincerely hope you’re right mate
  • Last season there was a very limited number of home games that either me or my son wanted to go to.

This season there are sparks of hope that the main issue Two Shits is selling and despite a piss poor squad we have some bite in us and my son is asking to go and to take friends.’

I take him but we had such plans of getting season tickets for a much larger crew, and wider friends.

I believe when and if Duchatelet sells. We will have a decent increase in attendance and for sure I know I’ll have a much better time at the home games sitting alongside my currently boycottting fellow protesters rather than it just being us because Roo wants and needs it.

Keep the faith and the pressure on Duchatelet:
  • Asked my son if he wanted a half season ticket for Christmas, he said , no you're all right dad.
  • I sincerely hope you’re right mate

I'll be back but I think it'll be on a pick and choose basis. Not every home game with a season ticket as before.
  • iainment said:

I sincerely hope you’re right mate

I'll be back but I think it'll be on a pick and choose basis. Not every home game with a season ticket as before.
    I think I'll be the same at least to begin with, hopefully I'm going to enjoy it as much as I used to & a season tkt will be purchased. Have to say almost three years down the line I don't miss it as much as I used to but then it's given me the opportunity to follow my other passion a lot more.
  • iainment said:

I think I'll be the same at least to begin with, hopefully I'm going to enjoy it as much as I used to & a season tkt will be purchased. Have to say almost three years down the line I don't miss it as much as I used to but then it's given me the opportunity to follow my other passion a lot more.
    Dogging.
  • iainment said:

I think this will be my stance as well, been boycotting for 3 seasons now so not sure I could jump straight back in, have found so much more to do with my weekends.
  • I don’t think I’ll ever buy a season ticket again - not going has become a habit and other things have taken its place that I now wouldn’t want to lose. But conceivably one day I could go to the odd game with mates. This is what years of rot do to a club - fan base will need to rebuilt from the next generation.