Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Reserves v Doncaster - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018
    That is the annoying bit. The admission price! We have to trust the manager- I do.
  • Options
    Love Bowyer but disgracefull today. Great chance of getting into round 3 and a day out. Don't think anyone is really asking for a big cup run. Why was our bench poor? Why did we play a decent team against Mansfield? Really poor. RHF is useless
  • Options
    *sigh*
  • Options
    If we were playing Pompey on Tuesday I could sort of understand it but IMO no reason why the likes of Aribo, Fosu, Taylor and Grant couldn’t have been at least a bench option

We could after all have seen out a 0-0 and had another game

Poor from Bowyer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It’s amazing how the likes of Barnsley, Peterborough etc aren’t ‘concentrating on the league’ and playing their reserves...

Sunderland full strength today as well apart from 1 injury enforced change from their last game.
  • Options
    Extremely annoyed and let down by Bowyer and Jackson.

In the last three seasons, Millwall, Lincoln and Wigan all made it into the quarter final of the FA Cup and they all went on to win promotion that season. I don’t believe that concentrating on the league rubbish.

Very similar to when Luzon played our reserves against Palace in the league cup back in 2015/6, by fielding a weak team and getting beaten you are putting yourself under immense pressure to ensure you win your next match, if not then you are rightfully criticized.

Can’t see how shoving loads kids out in the front of an empty stadium and watching them get beat can be good for any players confidence.

Completely unnecessary and a wasted opportunity to try and build momentum in our promotion hunt.

I hope this will be the only time I am angry at Bowyer and Jackson this season.

• Options
    Taylor didn't play the previous weekend and he was suspended for Bristol Rovers. Bowyer played him to keep his match fitness up.
  • Options

thats the worst subs bench in my 50 years for a first class game

Bench against MK Dons in the League Cup ... Maynard-Brewer, Yao, Doughty, Stevenson, Wiredu
  • Options
    Dreadful management. Wenger has a lot to answer for. However, he always fielded a team with options on the bench. The managers are ruining cup competitions thinking they are all Wengers. He was going for about 4 competitions ffs. Win the next two and he’s back in my good books.
  • Options
    It's Charlton in the cup. What do you expect?
  • Options
    Another whimper out of the FA cup.

Pathetic.

• Options
    edited December 2018

It would have been good experience for our youngsters and is another game for Clarke in his recovery. Sounds like Marshall did himself no harm.

That’s fine if it’s the League Cup or the Micky Mouse Cup but this was the FA Cup and we were one win from a potential big game .
    This was a total piss take . You try telling my kids who expected to see the the first team that it’s good experience for the youngsters. I couldn’t give a toss .
    Disgraceful
  • Options
    Absolutely pathetic by Bowyer today. Fuming he put that shit team out. 5 subs on the bench today is an absolute disgrace.
  • Options
    On the plus side though, a crowd of over 3k there today for a reserve game. Good support for the second string.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I view it like this , if we finish the Season and are Promoted it was a good decision , if we aren't it was probably a wrong one !!

Did you go?
  • Options
    Over recent(ish) years Fulham, QPR, Palace and, even for God's sake, Millwall have got to an FA Cup Final.

Even Northern giants like Wigan and Hull have managed it in the last 6 or 7 years.

But good old Charlton - well we've continually crashed out in the 3rd Round. Or now we have to enter in Round 1, even before that stage.

Why the **** don't we give it a proper go?

• Options
    Just to clarify as my reply disappeared into the ether when the Match Thread was closed:

I'd posted a comment saying 'right decision' which was questioned.

I actually meant for me not to attend, which I'd mentioned elsewhere so didn't elaborate, but realised later that people might have thought I was condoning Lee Bowyer's team selection.

I would have left the likes of Solly and Ward out myself but would not have gone as far as he did.

That said we have players out with long term injuries and perhaps he felt he didn't want to risk any more to key players like Taylor, Grant and others.

• Options
    Could see what was coming so me and Jnr left at half time.
    Another whinge is about west stand season ticket holders who don't understand if don't buy a ticket for your seat. It is not your seat.
    Too much arguing and shuffling about of seats for my liking.
    A shit afternoon all round.
  • Options

It would have been good experience for our youngsters and is another game for Clarke in his recovery. Sounds like Marshall did himself no harm.

That’s fine if it’s the League Cup or the Micky Mouse Cup but this was the FA Cup and we were one win from a potential bid game .
    This was a total piss take . You try telling my kids who expected to see the the first team that it’s good experience for the youngsters. I couldn’t give a toss .
    Disgraceful
    Diego Poyet started his Charlton career with a replay against Oxford in the FA Cup, he went on to win the Player of the Year award...

Same with Jordan Cousins who made his debut in the League Cup against Oxford earlier that same season
  • Options
    We are not going to win the trophy, and a big game will be a distraction and the chairman will pocket the money. It won't help us strengthen so better to prioritise the league. I do get people's points - it is the FA Cup. But the squad is fragile - we have to face facts.
  • Options
    Such a weak mentality fielding anything but a full strength side for each cup game.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2018
    If I’d gone to the game, I guess I may feel a bit different about it. Charlton have never been much of a cup team. 3,249 is a terrible attendance & reflects that & the low expectations that the supporters have in the Duchatelet era.

Prize money in the FA Cup is better & the money gained might dissuade Duchatelet from selling one of the better players & replacing them with a crapper one as per usual in the January window but there are no guarantees there. Charlton have a small squad & if Charlton can get points over the next few weeks in important league games & avoid injury of the main squad then In Bowyer & Jackson I trust to make the calls.