Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The White Stripes

Saw them at the 02 festival last night and they were absolutely brilliant. I am going to see them live again if I can help it.

My hangover today is not brilliant.

Comments

• Options
    Heard snippets of them live on Radio One and they do sound great.

Welcome back by the way
  • Options
    nor is mine...
    but no white stripes for me last night... more like white lightning.

ruff.
  • Options
    I saw the Raconteurs there last year and was really impressed. Never managed to catch the White Stripes live though.

Off to Wireless this afternoon myself. Going to be havin' it to Faithless in the rain tonight!
  • Options
    Im off to Faithless in the rain this afternoon.

Just seen the rest of the line up though, shocking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Off to Wireless this afternoon myself. Going to be havin' it to Faithless in the rain tonight!

LCD Soundsystem and Daft Punk on Saturday for me - looking forward to the former more.

[cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but no white stripes for me last night... more like white lightning.

lol!
  • Options
    LCD Soundsystem are ace.

Nice to see ya back Sco dude
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]

Yeah, I thought that. My girlfriend wants to see Kelis but other than that it's pretty awful.

Wish I hadn't bothered taking a half day now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Im off to Faithless in the rain this afternoon.

Asides from the main acts when they crank it up, the soundsystems are rubbish anyway. Go find the margareta stall - they'll make you feel wonderful in the morning. London Pride (from a particular bar) and Tuborg on tap (awful - tasted much better mixed with Smirnoff Ice!), Carlsburg in a bottle available. Prices not horrific. Fair ground there as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Off to Wireless this afternoon myself. Going to be havin' it to Faithless in the rain tonight!
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but no white stripes for me last night... more like white lightning.

lol!

ere while just checking before i wrote white lightning i googled it...
    this review really made me laugh.

ive gone right off topic here but i have amused myself.

where you been then sco since people are welcoming you back?

and our Lee was off work for 3 days with a burning stomach complaint as a consequence.
  • Options
    I got called at 3am to be told how awesome the white stripes are, I was not impressed at all. Glad you had a good time Sco.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ere while just checking before i wrote white lightning i googled it...
    this review really made me laugh.

ive gone right off topic here but i have amused myself.

where you been then sco since people are welcoming you back?

Love this quote:

"Fantastic if your alcohol dependant and on a tight budget."

I guess I've been a bit quiet this week! Missed Medders stag do because I was ill - gutted :0(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I got called at 3am to be told how awesome the white stripes are, I was not impressed at all. Glad you had a good time Sco.

Be grateful that I haven't got your phone number - I rang loads of people last night as I couldn't (and still can't) shut up about them!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I got called at 3am to be told how awesome the white stripes are, I was not impressed at all. Glad you had a good time Sco.

Be grateful that I haven't got your phone number - I rang loads of people last night as I couldn't (and still can't) shut up about them!

It was such a stupid conversation, I can't stand that type of music so was even less impressed.

'omg hun i just got back from WS, so awesome, amazing'

'great, can i go back to sleep now?'

'nonono i didnt even tell you the best parts'

'i have to be up at 7'

'just talk to me'

'no'

loop that for about 30mins.
  • Options
    If anyone is going tonight and doesnt fancy Mark Ronson can I highly recommend Kid Harpoon on the bandstand? On at about 7.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Saw them at the 02 festival last night and they were absolutely brilliant. I am going to see them live again if I can help it.

My hangover today is not brilliant.

They played the Rivoli Ballroom in Brockley on Tuesday. Missed it, gutted!