Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CACT & The Co-op

I can't find any other reference on here and have only just realised myself as a Charlton fan and Co-op employee that CACT are one of the community causes that member customers can select to give their 1% to (every time you swipe your membership card 1% of the money you spend on own-brand products is added to your chosen cause).
1% might not sound much, but the store I work in has just given over £12,000 to the 3 selected causes we were focusing on over the last year.
To select CACT rather than a store chosen cause you should be able to pick it from this link: https://membership.coop.co.uk/causes/30350

Comments

• I'll definitely change to this.

Thanks.
  • I have been doing this since I joined the co-op almost two years ago. Think I've raised about 8p, so not a fortune.
  • I have been doing this since I joined the co-op almost two years ago. Think I've raised about 8p, so not a fortune.

That's why I never bother with all this cashback bollox that various banks & credit cards offer. Amounts to very little in the end. Better off with a better rate than all that guff.

Not dissing the Co-op's link with the Trust mind.

I've been saving for years on my nectar card, I've finally got enough for a small jar of honey now (Sean Lock).
  • So sorry to hear of your loss @Manicmania and thanks for sharing your story about your grandfather. Helping CACT through the membership card is a decent legacy for him.
  • Quick update from the CACT/Co-op membership donations: 

£3737.23 was raised by those donating their 1% to CACT.

Every little helps.

• Via CACT we're the second most charitable club in the country: 

https://www.footy.com/blog/post/2019/12/12/the-20-most-charitable-football-clubs-in-england

How good is that?