Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019

Grant going to get a big salary rise and the word at the end of last week was that #cafc will bring in two strikers - one a loan and the other a permanent.

Think that confirms its Huddersfield
  • Options
    That’s a pisser
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

BREAKING - The South London Press understands that Karlan Grant will leave Charlton Athletic before the end of the transfer window.
    Honestly, he’s having a good season, but replaceable

Eisa please and it’s good business.
    If it’s so easy to replace a goalscoring striker how come we often go through a season without one, never mind two?

Another loanee that may or may not settle is not good business. We know Grant fits into our team and has a good partnership with Taylor. Eisa would be a gamble, I’d rather not gamble on our promotion chances.
  • Options

Grant going to get a big salary rise and the word at the end of last week was that #cafc will bring in two strikers - one a loan and the other a permanent.

Depends who obviously, but that really could be decent business.
  • Options
    Sorry this may be controversial but if they knew he was leaving why let him take the penalty, he probably doesnt care if he is leaving anyway
  • Options
    Gutted to see him go, hopefully we get in a decent replacement
  • Options

Sorry this may be controversial but if they knew he was leaving why let him take the penalty, he probably doesnt care if he is leaving anyway

Not controversial, just silly.

He's scored pens in his last two games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

Eaves and Eisa for Grant?

Is that a good deal?

Yes I'd say so
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Is that a good deal?

We'll see come the end of the season!!

Ajose was supposed to be a good deal after his 24-goals but wasnt

Can only hope that Gallen and Bowyer are picking their choices bloody carefully
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Depends who obviously, but that really could be decent business.
    If its for less than what Maja has gone to Bordeaux for (£3.5m) then no it isnt
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Is that a good deal?

Yes, on paper. It’s a shame about grant but again, the mistake isn’t taking money for him now imo, it was letting his contract run down after the Crawley loan.
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Is that a good deal?

We'll see come the end of the season!!

Ajose was supposed to be a good deal after his 24-goals but wasnt

Can only hope that Gallen and Bowyer are picking their choices bloody carefully
    And quickly!
  • Options
    Chunes said:

It was just a crap pen. I doubt any professional footballer, especially a striker, would uncaringly fluff a pen because they were leaving a club. It's still a goal on their record.
    Agreed... Having been with the club since he was 12-years old I bet Grant would have loved nothing more than to finish on a high like that
  • Options
    Grants last game, see ya!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Laddick01 said:

Is that a good deal?

Loan? Permanent? I don’t know enough about either of them.

Can Eisa replace Grant’s pace, goals and assists? Would they fit in with our squad?

Isn’t Eaves more of a target man - Bowyer seems to prefer pace up front. I don’t think our system would work as well or our football as good to watch with a slower target man type. I’m sure Bowyer said in the summer he didn’t want that type of player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Laddick01 said:

Is that a good deal?

Can Eisa replace Grant’s pace, goals and assists? Would they fit in with our squad?

Isn’t Eaves more of a target man - Bowyer seems to prefer pace up front.
    Guess Eaves would be a backup for Taylor
  • Options
    Shouldn't have played today if it basically decided he is off
  • Options

Scoham said:

Laddick01 said:

Is that a good deal?

I think Eaves and Taylor could work providing you had Aribo and Williams supporting. Taylor is no slouch and for the amount of long balls we play it’d suit our style.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Yep. Don’t wish him anything other than success but he’s gone now and we cheer on his replacement. Karlan who ?

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

Scoham said:

Laddick01 said:

Is that a good deal?

I think Eaves and Taylor could work providing you had Aribo and Williams supporting. Taylor is no slouch and for the amount of long balls we play it’d suit our style.
    No slouch but even Taylor admitted he wished he had Grant's pace

Its almost been ideal having them both because its given teams the worry of sitting back and having the threat of Taylor scoring or playing high and letting Grant in behind

I think if we went Taylor and Eaves we'd see teams sitting even further back, our crossing hasn't been great either for a few years now
  • Options
    edited January 2019

J BLOCK said:

Fuck him

Yeh fuck him for wanting to play at the top level of English Football; how dare he show such ambition

This might be his only chance, i.e. he may go the rest of the season without scoring at Charlton or even get injured and that opportunity will be gone

If you want to blame someone blame the same old prick at the top!!... He's allowed Grant and Aribo to run their Contracts down so that now we've got no choice but to either accept a poultry sum now or nothing come the summer - Roland has shown time and time again that he'll only ever choose the short term option... Should have gotten Grant tied down to a new deal as soon as he came back from Crawley after that form he showed
    Thing is, if RD had given him 3 years on a pay rise and Taylor had not been as good as he is, Grant would have scored half the number of goals and people would be moaning he was rubbish and on a long contract.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

@Redhenry any mileage in the Eisa and/or Eaves rumours?
  • Options
    IF, big if we get Eaves & Eisa then it’s excellent business