Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    If these bids for Grant are real, will his head be in right frame to play tomorrow?
  • Options
    Yes. He is a professional.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

If these bids for Grant are real, will his head be in right frame to play tomorrow?

He's our only first team forward available...so even if it isn't he is playing tomorrow!!
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Maja was rubbish for Sunderland against us after speculation broke that he was wanted.
  • Options
    Let’s get this right boro might be a shithole Huddersfield is dive but if your giving me 4 times my current earnings I’ll see you there.

• Options

Let’s get this right boro might be a shithole Huddersfield is dive but if your giving me 4 times my current earnings I’ll see you there.

...or wait a couple of months and pocket the best part of a million as a signing on fee.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree and what fantastic luck we have had with Duchatelet so not giving a shit he appointed Bowyer and JJ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

He could do what J Seed did and live in Whitburn and walk to Sunderland for training and matches. Whitburn is rather beautiful.

Prices reasonable too: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/fullscreen/image-gallery.html?propertyId=55213518&photoIndex=0
  • Options

Sadly you wouldn't see me. Life is not all about money & for a footballer especially job satisfaction is key.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

DOUCHER said:

Btw - I don’t want grant to go and was told rd was backing bowyer, there were to be no major player sales this window. We’d turned down a £2m bid for grant, Clarke was free to go and we would sign a left back and 2 mids - this was weeks ago, things change I guess, let’s see how it pans out

Just admit you don't actually know anything.
    Remember it's a rumours thread.
    Like with any press speculation, I'm not too worried whether Doucher actually knows anything.

If he might know someone who might know something - and he's happy to pass that on, then that's alright by me.

IMO it doesn't matter whether it's 'fact' or interesting gossip, I can either ignore or discuss.
    Unless it becomes fact, it's just a rumour on a rumours thread.

Keep 'em coming, Doucher.
    The Spanish daily football paper says we are in talks with Messi.

There was no quotes in the article so I guess it will come to nothing
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Does that mean we could be playing 4 up front? :smile:

• Options

Sky now linking us and Sunderland with Oztumer. Good player but probably the last position we actually need.

I'd love him, great great player. If he wasn't such a midget he'd be a premier league player.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

BREAKING - The South London Press understands that Karlan Grant will leave Charlton Athletic before the end of the transfer window.

The South London Press understands that Karlan Grant has played his last game for Charlton Athletic.

The Addicks academy graduate, 21, did not train with the rest of Lee Bowyer’s squad yesterday amidst reports that the striker was set for a move to Premier League Huddersfield Town.

He featured for ninety minutes and missed a penalty during the South Londoners’ goalless draw at Peterborough United today but is expected to complete a move away from The Valley before the transfer window closes at 11pm next Thursday evening.

Charlton have offered Grant an extension to his current deal, which runs out at the end of the campaign, but it’s understood that the frontman sees his future elsewhere.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

BREAKING - The South London Press understands that Karlan Grant will leave Charlton Athletic before the end of the transfer window.
    Honestly, he’s having a good season, but replaceable

Eisa please and it’s good business.
    We'll see... Eisa has done it at League Two; Grant is doing it at League One

Sunderland have struggled to find someone else to score other than Maja so finding a replacement goalscorer isnt easy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Laddick01 said:

Sunderland have struggled to find someone else to score other than Maja so finding a replacement goalscorer isnt easy
    Eisa needs to do two things to match Grant. Run at players and get in the box.

Grant has 14 goals. He should have a lot more.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

So why does Maja (Sunderland) only have one more than him or the top scorer have just two more in the League?

Piss off should he have a lot more (one maybe after today)
  • Options

The South London Press understands that Karlan Grant has played his last game for Charlton Athletic.

The Addicks academy graduate, 21, did not train with the rest of Lee Bowyer’s squad yesterday amidst reports that the striker was set for a move to Premier League Huddersfield Town.

He featured for ninety minutes and missed a penalty during the South Londoners’ goalless draw at Peterborough United today but is expected to complete a move away from The Valley before the transfer window closes at 11pm next Thursday evening.

Charlton have offered Grant an extension to his current deal, which runs out at the end of the campaign, but it’s understood that the frontman sees his future elsewhere.
    Bollocks !!!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

So why does Maja (Sunderland) only have one more than him or the top scorer have just two more in the League?

Piss off should he have a lot more (one maybe after today)
    Grant has missed a lot of easy chances this season. 14 goals is impressive, we will miss him. But he is replaceable.
    Guess we'll have to wait and see... Am not convinced
  • Options

I was up in Huddersfield last year. The town centre has come interesting architecture but other than that it was awful, although the people were very friendly.
  • Options
    I think it’s a mistake as I can see his career being a bob about job now. But I can’t blame him. A short career so any opportunity to earn more money and to play in the Premier, even fleetingly, is hard to resist.