Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bread pudding

2»

Comments

• Options

Bread and butter pudding surely?

With custard, scoffing it down with my mum and dad in front of a roaring fire in the late 1950's and early sixties.

I'm starting to well up now just thinking about it :blush:

Bread and butter pudding is a totally different thing, @mistrollingin.
    Oops! apologies, always knew I had a deprived childhood :
  • Options
    Love Bread Pudding. My Nan used to make awesome Bread Pudding, or "Gypsy Wedding Cake" as she used to call it.
  • Options
    You’re lucky to find it these days, Greggs tend to have 72 types of donuts rather than bread pudding.
  • Options
    Shop bought Bread Pudding, whatever next. My chef would cut yer balls off if he knew!
  • Options
    buckshee said:

You’re lucky to find it these days, Greggs tend to have 72 types of donuts rather than bread pudding.

Greggs and bread pudding is like a Venn diagram with a very small overlap. In two branches I've found bread pudding and in all the others I've been in all I've got is "Bread pudding? What's that?".
  • Options
    I think some of you are confusing bread and butter pudding which is gorgeous, with the far stodgier and unpleasant relative bread pudding

Bread And butter pudding is a absolute treat done well, custard or vanilla ice cream to season and up there with rice pudding, Apple crumble and spotted dick.

Bread pudding is fucking disgusting

• Options
    Carter said:

I think some of you are confusing bread and butter pudding which is gorgeous, with the far stodgier and unpleasant relative bread pudding

Bread And butter pudding is a absolute treat done well, custard or vanilla ice cream to season and up there with rice pudding, Apple crumble and spotted dick.

Noooooooooooooh
  • Options
    Carter said:

Wrong way round. Bread pudding is lovely, bread and butter pudding is disgusting.
  • Options
    The bread pudding in Pellicci's - Bethnal Green is immense
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

Argument Alert has gone into conniptions over far less than this
  • Options
    Carter said:

Some others may be confusing the two but not me. There is a reason I used Bread Pudding as the title of this thread.

Anyone who wants to talk about bread and butter pudding, bugger off to your own thread.
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

Thanks for that, I'll look them up the next time I'm in Bethnal Green.

Oh, wait a minute. Why would I ever go to East London?
  • Options
    Because Charlton's in it?

Aaaaargument aleeeeert
  • Options
    The best local bread pudding is made in Lee
  • Options

Riscardo said:

Thanks for that, I'll look them up the next time I'm in Bethnal Green.

Oh, wait a minute. Why would I ever go to East London?
    Leuth said:

Because Charlton's in it?

Aaaaargument aleeeeert

Wash your mouth out with soap! We're not East London. We're not even really South London, despite being the pride of such. We're South-East London, the place that was too good for Arsenal.