Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#GiletsJaunes

edited November 2018 in Not Sports Related
You can't beat a bit of solidarity to get your point across.

I hope no one is driving through France today!

Comments

• Options
    Gotta love the French. No 9ne has been on the this round a bout since Saturday (even though they went home for lunch), now tonight,they've re-lit the bonny and they're there 50 / 60 handed. As if Macron is gonna know they're making a handful f folk late home from work......

Apparently "all of France" are heading to Paris on the 25th for a mass demo....
  • Options
    Perhaps the French army should be making contingency plans to patrol the streets, in case it becomes necessary to shoot their own people.
  • Options
    the regimes of our main euro 'partners' France and Germany are falling apart at the seams
  • Options

the regimes of our main euro 'partners' France and Germany are falling apart at the seams

If only the EU would step in to sort it all out for everyone's sake eh?
    Send in the Euro Army I say
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    e

I wonder if they fancy joining us and possibly a couple of the other nations to start a Euro Super league Union? get away from all those tin pot nations.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

- halve taxes
    - better public services

france has gone full moron

I think some should look a bit closer to home on this very subject tbh
  • Options
    How can you halve taxes and expect better public services?
  • Options
    They've started early, going to be a very long day!

• Options
    Leuth said:

You tell me
  • Options

Looks lively
  • Options

Probably want to get it over with so they can go to the match this afternoon...oh, hang on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"Frenchman got a problem
    He don't mind throwing a brick
    Brits watch reality TV
    Where they teach you how to be thick.

And everybody's doing
    Just what they're told to
    And nobody wants
    To go to jail.

Brit riot
    I wanna riot
    Brit riot
    A riot of my own."

With apologies to Mick Jones and Joe Strummer.

NB for people under 50s or who went to public school this is not a serious political statement.

Quite apt really seeing as the original lyrics are probably representative of those who are rioting.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Gotta love hate the French. No 9ne has been on the this round a bout since Saturday (even though they went home for lunch), now tonight,they've re-lit the bonny and they're there 50 / 60 handed. As if Macron is gonna know they're making a handful f folk late home from work......

Correction made, hope that's ok.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Gotta love hate the French. No 9ne has been on the this round a bout since Saturday (even though they went home for lunch), now tonight,they've re-lit the bonny and they're there 50 / 60 handed. As if Macron is gonna know they're making a handful f folk late home from work......

Correction made, hope thatsok.

Thats'cushty
  • Options
    Looks like the Cartier shop just up from Concorde is gonna tumble....
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Why don’t they just shoot the rioters. It might sound a bit harsh but it will teach them a lesson to obey the government and be grateful for what they have. And to stop being naughty. :wink:
  • Options
    Well worth reading this Twitter thread from Simon Kuper- some of you may have read his footie books, but now he writes for the FT and lives in Paris. Really good, putting it into context and resisting a rush to judgment

• Options

Are there two different protests going on?

Keep hearing about the Yellow Jacket Protest but then I see hashtags for some #giletsjaunes Protest as well?

What’s going on out there?

Confused from Sidcup

Just waiting for the Yellow Bellies to turn up
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Selective sterilisation/euthanasia combined with re-establishing the empire.