Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Younger (than me) chaps of today - if I knew then...etc

Anyway, at a function in the city tonight in the company of the usual suspects, the free booze was flowing and were making the most of it and one of the boys has brought along somebody he knows from business and who is not dressed for the occasion when it’s mentioned this guy fancies a girl in the room and it’s decided he needs a wingman to break the ice with her and her friend...we are all far too old and married and definitely not interested in playing that game any more but the pathetic pleading gets to a point that I think fuck it and pile in to break the ice leaving the guy in my wake. He eventually joins us but is so pathietic I’m thinking somebody give me a gun so I can put him out of his misery. This guy is a loser. By this point me and the girls are getting on famously, and although none of us are clearly not interested in anything other than the conversation and banter we are having a laugh, apart of course from the plonker that is ruining every attempt by me and the girls to bring him into the conversation. Eventually they go home and I take it upon myself to educate the chap in the finer points of dress code, body language and chatting up young ladies...he’s suitably impressed, as he should be, and wants more tips but it turns out this guy has a billion dollar company and a private jet...ffs, why didn’t I meet and team up with somebody like him in my younger life ?

Comments

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Anyway, at a function in the city tonight in the company if the usual suspects, the free booze was flowing and were making the most of it and one of the boys has brought along somebody he knows from business and who is not dressed for the occasion when it’s mentioned this guy fancies a girl in the room and it’s decided he needs a wingman to break the ice with her and her friend...we are all far too old and married and definitely not interested in playing that game any more but the pathetic pleading gets to a point that I think fuck it and pile in to break the ice leaving the guy in my wake. He eventually joins us but is so pathietic I’m thinking somebody give me a gun so I can put him out of his misery. This guy is a loser. By this point me and the girls are getting on famously, and although none of us are clearly not interested in anything other than the conversation and banter we are having a laugh, apart of course from the plonker that is ruining every attempt by me and the girls to bring him into the conversation. Eventually they go home and I take it upon myself to educate the chap in the finer points of dress code, body language and chatting up young ladies...he’s suitably impressed, as he should be, and wants more tips but it turns out this guy has a billion dollar company and a private jet...ffs, why didn’t I meet and team up with somebody like him in my younger life ?

You mean to tell me you had a few drinks before posting such a well thought out thread? I don't believe you!
    Spelling and grammar impeccable as well.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Anyway, at a function in the city tonight in the company if the usual suspects, the free booze was flowing and were making the most of it and one of the boys has brought along somebody he knows from business and who is not dressed for the occasion when it’s mentioned this guy fancies a girl in the room and it’s decided he needs a wingman to break the ice with her and her friend...we are all far too old and married and definitely not interested in playing that game any more but the pathetic pleading gets to a point that I think fuck it and pile in to break the ice leaving the guy in my wake. He eventually joins us but is so pathietic I’m thinking somebody give me a gun so I can put him out of his misery. This guy is a loser. By this point me and the girls are getting on famously, and although none of us are clearly not interested in anything other than the conversation and banter we are having a laugh, apart of course from the plonker that is ruining every attempt by me and the girls to bring him into the conversation. Eventually they go home and I take it upon myself to educate the chap in the finer points of dress code, body language and chatting up young ladies...he’s suitably impressed, as he should be, and wants more tips but it turns out this guy has a billion dollar company and a private jet...ffs, why didn’t I meet and team up with somebody like him in my younger life ?

You mean to tell me you had a few drinks before posting such a well thought out thread? I don't believe you!
    Yet another talent that comes with age and experience...
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Huskaris said:

Ex-Grammar school boy that uses spellcheck...shakes head and wonders how much dumber can the younger chaps of today be...pass me another beer Caruthers...
  • Options

Does he want to buy a football club?
  • Options
    He's probably only marginally solvent and owns a ten year old Vauxhall Astra...
  • Options
    He might have the company and helicopter, but he can’t buy charm and devilishly good looks or football chant making ability @letthegoodtimesroll :-)

“Hughes he is, Hughes he is...”
  • Options
    Tell him to read the game by Neil Strauss. Can pick up good tips for picking up women, although I would say the thing you should take from it is women love confidence.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

and although none of us are clearly not interested in anything other than the conversation and banter we are having a laugh

• Options
    am turning down so many festive invites at the moment (had 3 different one's for last night alone)....can't think of anything worse these days than having to make smalltalk to people I couldn't give a monkey's about - however much free booze they want to ply me with.

my days of evening city drinking are well done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

am turning down so many festive invites at the moment (had 3 different one's for last night alone)....can't think of anything worse these days than having to make smalltalk to people I couldn't give a monkey's about - however much free booze they want to ply me with.

I feel you. Am finding this quite tiring these days. Saying that it is the charm of the City, as at times I feel the opposite.
  • Options
    My first read this morning.....nice one LTGTR put a smile on my face.
  • Options

Understand where your coming from there.
  • Options

Does he want to buy a football club?
    that thought did cross my mind, but sadly not until I started typing the post as I was making my way home...clearly slowing up in my old age...
  • Options
    edited November 2018

He might have the company and helicopter, but he can’t buy charm and devilishly good looks or football chant making ability @letthegoodtimesroll :-)

“Hughes he is, Hughes he is...”

That’s where a good wingman comes into play...of course, I’m not sure Mrs ltgtr would approve even though she did find the story amusing when I told her about it when I got home last night but then again she did ask me if he’d lend her the jet to go shopping in Dubai...
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I'd be tempted to give him all the wrong tips: 'See, mate, women like nothing more than to see a man sobbing. They go weak at the knees at that. They'll think you're really sensitive. So, off you go, go and buy an onion before these two sorts leave.'
  • Options
    I was far more successful with the ladies than my well educated, rich and good looking mate.

I suspect most just felt sorry for me.
  • Options
    Chatting to women gets easier in two scenarios:

1. You're already in a relationship and as such you're under no pressure to impress.

2. You're older and wiser and they simply aren't interested in you in that way and they assume the same of you.

The whole confidence thing is a balancing act...
    Over confidence can put them off, just the right level will work.

But then I locked down an attractive girl aged 16 and we're going strong 14 years later... So can only speak of what I see.