Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Warsaw v Charlton : 6 November 2018

Comments

• Options
    HT: Walsall 0-1 Charlton.

A penalty after six minutes from Lyle Taylor is what separates the two sides at the break.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    HT - loads of ancients talking about games from many, many years ago.
  • Options
  • Options
    One goal; not enough.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Never expected the great Derek Ufton to feature 50 yrs + on a 2018 thread

And when he did it in the famous Huddersfield game, they may have "popped it back in", but he didn't carry on playing. Which is why we ended playing with 10 men...
    Does that mean Ross1 was one of the 75,000 crowd that day?
    I'd love to hear whether anyone on here can own up to being at the game and leaving at half time.

I have the programme but too early for me, January 1962 was my first match at the Valley.
  • Options
    Hopefully only a couple of weeks for Igor, expect Lyle to be changed during HT
  • Options
    Need that second goal. Had a few chances but would like to see us test their keeper more. Feels similar to a lot of games this season.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

And when he did it in the famous Huddersfield game, they may have "popped it back in", but he didn't carry on playing. Which is why we ended playing with 10 men...
    I'd love to hear whether anyone on here can own up to being at the game and leaving at half time.

Derek Ufton can.
    Harsh ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmmm would say we need a second goal tonight!!

Walsall at the moment dont look as though they have a care in the world... As the commentators have said, there are no team mates rushing to want the ball from a throw in and certainly feels like they're mostly going through the motions - Leahy looks a neat little full back though and has been dangerous at times and they've still looked like potentially having a sniff in on goal

Charlton on the other hand appear to have carried on from Doncaster - take the lead and then settle, no need to rush for a second and leave us exposed, yet despite that we should be about 3-0 up... Would still say that Fosu isnt playing to the high standards he set himself last year yet is probably having his best performance of the season whilst I'd say the game is being dominated by Aribo and Cullen, definitely not missing Reeves which is a relief seeing he's done well of late, whilst my major concern has been dropping Ward for Fosu... well again thats not been an issue tonight which is a relief to see

Dont think we should have had another penalty though and like the commentators I've felt this has been by far the best referee of the season (for both teams)

That save though from Roberts!!... Grant couldnt have done anything more to try and score there!!
  • Options
    Walsall look awful! Really important to kill this one off. Spending a lot of time in the final third but not had too many chances
  • Options

Walsall at the moment dont look as though they have a care in the world... As the commentators have said, there are no team mates rushing to want the ball from a throw in and certainly feels like they're mostly going through the motions - Leahy looks a neat little full back though and has been dangerous at times and they've still looked like potentially having a sniff in on goal

Charlton on the other hand appear to have carried on from Doncaster - take the lead and then settle, no need to rush for a second and leave us exposed, yet despite that we should be about 3-0 up... Would still say that Fosu isnt playing to the high standards he set himself last year yet is probably having his best performance of the season whilst I'd say the game is being dominated by Aribo and Cullen, definitely not missing Reeves which is a relief seeing he's done well of late, whilst my major concern has been dropping Ward for Fosu... well again thats not been an issue tonight which is a relief to see

Dont think we should have had another penalty though and like the commentators I've felt this has been by far the best referee of the season (for both teams)

That save though from Roberts!!... Grant couldnt have done anything more to try and score there!!

Apart from maybe putting the ball a yard either side of the 'keeper ...

:wink:
  • Options

Enjoy the lol!... Just knew I was going to get this response ;)
  • Options
    Fosu seems to be playing from wide left and it's suits his game far more than the number 10 position. Think we may have found where Naby fits in our side, brings us height and passing ability and also means he is less exposed than in the middle. Cullen and aribo running the game in the middle. Never feel comfortable at 1-0 though. COYRs.
  • Options

I just know the script for this.

Does it involve Charlton relaxing and keeping hold of the ball for the majority of the second half with a comfortable 1-0 win?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Enjoy the lol!... Just knew I was going to get this response ;)
    Didn't want to disappoint ... that was a tap-in that deserved to be put away!
  • Options
    They will equalise within 10 minutes of the restart and score the winner in the last five minutes.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

I was there, people never walked out at half time those days, you paid your money to get in and got behind the team
  • Options
    I say this not only as Naby's number one fan, but how has it taken this long to play a left-footer at left-back?
  • Options

Does it involve Charlton relaxing and keeping hold of the ball for the majority of the second half with a comfortable 1-0 win?
    No!
  • Options

They will equalise within 10 minutes of the restart and score the winner in the last five minutes.

You've been watching Charlton too long!

• Options

No!
    Nah didnt think so
  • Options

There speaks yet another seasoned old git
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I say this not only as Naby's number one fan, but how has it taken this long to play a left-footer at left-back?

He's done all right so far, it gives us a bit more balance
  • Options
    I was there also. A lot of people walked out but came running back when they heard the roars when Charlton's goals started going in.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!