Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Krystian Bielik on regaining Bowyer’s trust after half-time hooking vs Rochdale

Comments

• Interesting point FA,
    Bielik was outstanding on Saturday.

I'm wondering if the same chat hasn't worked with Fosu who is looking a shadow of his former self so far this campaign.
    The soft injuries he picks up in his Cafc career are stopping his progress
  • Interesting point FA,
    Bielik was outstanding on Saturday.

I'm wondering if the same chat hasn't worked with Fosu who is looking a shadow of his former self so far this campaign.
    The soft injuries he picks up in his Cafc career are stopping his progress

I think the team sheet will be very telling tomorrow with regards to Tariqe

Bowyer's subsitutions impressed and surprised me on Saturday as expected Ward to be gone by the 60th minute and despite being pleased at him staying on, I was then surprised that Fosu didnt come on ahead of Marshall etc. - Can only presume he was giving a run out to those who are getting the least game time at the moment and keeping those that'll start on Tuesday (Fosu) fresh

If Ward starts again though against Walsall I'll not just be surprised about him, but concerned about Fosu's attitude at the moment, he's someone that has worked with Bowyer so isnt like he's joined in the summer yet his form is a massive worry
  • Speaking after the game Bielik explained: “I feel very comfortable with Jason Pearce. We talk to each other all 90 minutes, maybe he talks a bit more than me but it’s really helpful. He’s an experienced player with so many games. I spoke with him (of the pitch) a lot, he played at Leeds United, for example, a massive club.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5be024614d79d/arsenal-loanee-krystian-bielik-on-forming-a-partnership-with-jason-pearce
  • Bielik seems very mature for his age?
  • Seems like a lovely lad. I don't think he's likely to make it at Arsenal (though if Rob Holding can play every week, who isn't there hope for?) so I'd love to see him end up with us permanently.
  • Seems like a lovely lad. I don't think he's likely to make it at Arsenal (though if Rob Holding can play every week, who isn't there hope for?) so I'd love to see him end up with us permanently.

We'd need to get promoted and even then he might want to go to a top-level club
  • With Pearce, I don't think ability wise, he is in our top three options, but he is the first name on the sheet because he is a leader and a good defence needs that.
  • Good words from Krystian... As I said after the Rochdale game - How he'd react is a good sign of the player that we have here at the club, still felt no one played well that day so it maybe was harsh to pick solely on Bielik but he's reacted in exactly the way we'd want from a player

Probably helps as well that as he says, he had a proper meeting with Bowyer to go over everything so there is no misunderstanding left between either party - I'd imagine thats the sort of thing that Lee has picked up from his playing days under Sir Bobby

Spot on. He was the best of a bad bunch that day and, in my opinion, from a man-management perspective, Bowyer was completely wrong to chastise him like that without dragging other under-performers into the criticism firing line. Still not sure what Bowyer hopes to achieve by publicly digging out his players. Bizarre style of management in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good words from Krystian... As I said after the Rochdale game - How he'd react is a good sign of the player that we have here at the club, still felt no one played well that day so it maybe was harsh to pick solely on Bielik but he's reacted in exactly the way we'd want from a player

Probably helps as well that as he says, he had a proper meeting with Bowyer to go over everything so there is no misunderstanding left between either party - I'd imagine thats the sort of thing that Lee has picked up from his playing days under Sir Bobby

Spot on. He was the best of a bad bunch that day and, in my opinion, from a man-management perspective, Bowyer was completely wrong to chastise him like that without dragging other under-performers into the criticism firing line. Still not sure what Bowyer hopes to achieve by publicly digging out his players. Bizarre style of management in my opinion.
    Well, I think it's quite obvious from this article he's hoping to achieve a reaction, and he's got one. Bielik's whole thing here is that he went away after that match and worked even harder for the next match, returning with an improved performance. He's made it clear to the team that no-one gets in for free, and that's clearly filtered through to Marshall as well, who's put in extra work and been rewarded by being picked to come of the bench ahead of Fosu.
    We can only judge Bowyer as you say by the reaction he gets from a player - each player reacts differently and some are more robust mentally than others.

Nowhere near as bizarre as your post though!
  • Bowyer spoke about trying to get a reaction through what he said following the Rochdale game in here

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-pleased-with-sides-reaction-to-rochdale-defeat-as-they-defeat-donny/
  • Bielik seems very mature and determined, just wants to pay and is willing to put his work in to get on the teamsheet. I thought he was one of our worst at Rochdale, but as others have said everyone was having a bad game then. For me, the reaction Bowyer has gained from taking him off at half-time is another tick for Bowyer's management for me.

Also worth noting that from Bielik's comments in that article, Marshall has also been working very hard to get on the pitch. Really like the attitude of both of these players.
  • Bowyer has said in the past that he has praised players/team when they have played well and produced results. After a bad result he then criticised his players and rightly so.

As long as he is even handed then they can't complain or are they like other players that like all the praise but can't take criticism?
  • Any chance of signing him full time?
  • Any chance of signing him full time?

Unlikely in the extreme. Even if he was made available there are clubs who are a) better placed than us and b) not owned by a delusional skinflint Belgian scrote.
  • Yep we are in a minority of one for English clubs there.

Yeah I thought our biggest problem against Rochdale was not playing through him and Cullen. I actually felt he stood out in possession at times in that first half. But yeah, really mature response from him. He looks an absolute steal, we just need to keep him fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• so basically he's a centre half who was asked to play in midfield (with a midfielder then playing centre half) who then didn't have a particulatly good game, but then went on to have a stormer when played in his rightful position.

no shit Sherlock.

coaching badges......not worth a shit.