Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Optician Recommendations

2»

Comments

• JohnBoyUK said:

If you've got concerns about your sight, go to you GP and ask to be referred to Moorfields Eye Hospital. The single best opthalmology unit in the country.

I've been under Moorfields for over 40 years with my condition, Keratoconus, and wearing contacts daily for that long.

Absolutely top drawer people, recommend anyone to go there.

• JohnBoyUK said:

If you've got concerns about your sight, go to you GP and ask to be referred to Moorfields Eye Hospital. The single best opthalmology unit in the country.

I've been under Moorfields for over 40 years with my condition, Keratoconus, and wearing contacts daily for that long.

Absolutely top drawer people, recommend anyone to go there.

worked there for a year on contract and agree entirely
  • I'm -6 and -7
    Fuck we've got some blind bastards on here.

My short sightedness is Right -6.5, Left -5.00 Very stable though, they've hardly changed in decades

Dreading needing bifocals, not quite at that stage yet but it's a matter of when rather than if...
  • I used this Optician when I realised my eyes were bad :wink:

• Does anyone have any experience of using Specsavers in Charlton Sainsbury's? I've had mixed experiences of Specsavers in the past, but not been to the Charlton one before.
  • Hi Forever Addickted, I would ask your G.P for a referral to see an Optometrist at a local hospital.
  • Avery Opticians in Avery Hill Road by the park is very good. The owner is a Charlton fan too.
  • Does anyone have any experience of using Specsavers in Charlton Sainsbury's? I've had mixed experiences of Specsavers in the past, but not been to the Charlton one before.

I'm probably going there so will report back.
  • Avery Opticians in Avery Hill Road by the park is very good. The owner is a Charlton fan too.</

Family too so I’d recommend him

• Robert Murrell in Swanley is brilliant. An independent optician. Really thorough. I have a complex prescription and he has always sorted it. When I've had any eye problems (Iritis, retina probs) he's spotted them and sent me to the eye hospital. Top bloke, would totally recommend.

Agree 100%. He spotted my glaucoma even though it was borderline.
  • Sponsored links:

I went to Specsavers in the big Sainsbury's earlier this week. I was really impressed by the staff and professionalism there. Easily the best experience I've had of any Specsavers.
  • edited January 2019

Does anyone have any experience of using Specsavers in Charlton Sainsbury's? I've had mixed experiences of Specsavers in the past, but not been to the Charlton one before.

I went to Specsavers in the big Sainsbury's earlier this week. I was really impressed by the staff and professionalism there. Easily the best experience I've had of any Specsavers.
    Likewise, staff were great. It's not very busy compared to other branches of Specsavers.
  • edited January 2019
    ₕₑᵣₑ ᵢₛ ₐ 𝓰ᵣₑₐₜ ₙᵤₘᵦₑᵣ 𝒻ₒᵣ ₐₙ ₒₚₜᵢ𝒸ᵢₐₙ ᵢₙ ₘₑ𝒹𝓌ₐᵧ

₀₁₆₃₄₅₆₇₈₉₃
  • Robert Murrell in Swanley is brilliant. An independent optician. Really thorough. I have a complex prescription and he has always sorted it. When I've had any eye problems (Iritis, retina probs) he's spotted them and sent me to the eye hospital. Top bloke, would totally recommend.

Second that. He spotted my keratoconus. Nice bloke.

Is that the Charlton store?
  • I had lens replacement surgery, best thing Ive ever done.

Yes

Yes
    Thanks.