Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky Q Boxes

13»

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:

Getting Q at the end of the month, glad it'll be before any potential broadband method is rolled out.

Let us know about your experience with it Talal....
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

I tried calling sky via their stupid automated system, the 1st lady I spoke to eventualy understood what I was talking about, didn't say too much, left me wondering what she was doing. I think she was transferring me to another team and have been on hold for 35 mins and waiting. I might just leave it as it is and buy a TV for the bedroom and one in the kitchen or something. I am alwasy going for a pee at football so might have one in the bathroom !! I have already paid £99 so it will be the £12 multiscreen now I will be paying, which is £120 a year !! Can anyone recommend a device I can use SkyQ on the go app? I uynderstand it doesn't work with chrome and you need Windows 10 for normal sky app. I would call Sky... but...

dont just buy another tv for the sake of it, unless you were thinking of it anyway....

Skygo app is for any tablet/ mobile device, i have always used on android but good for tablets
  • Options

Do you have to pull out the power cable and count to ten like you do on the older sky boxes?

Sometimes the main box and sometimes one of the mini boxes plays up, the picture goes 4 inches square and to top left corner.
    I turn them off and on again and all is good again.
  • Options

Do you have to pull out the power cable and count to ten like you do on the older sky boxes?

Sometimes the main box and sometimes one of the mini boxes plays up, the picture goes 4 inches square and to top left corner.
    I turn them off and on again and all is good again.
    Complain to sky and ask for a free booster.
  • Options
    Is sky q for me ?

We are with virgin and at present we have 4 tivo boxes.
    My mother in law lives with us so we have a box in our lounge, box in her lounge, and one in each of our bedrooms.
    We dont have sports or film packages but we do have the broadband and landline with virgin too.
    Currently paying around £105 quid a month all in.

Sky website makes it so hard to build a bundle to compare prices.
    Dont want to have situation where the sky q connection drops off as the house is quite long in shape from our lounge to the mother in laws lounge area. Not particularly bothered about pausing and then continuing on another screen.
    Do sky still do normal box with multiroom ?

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Is sky q for me ?

My mother in law lives with us so we have a box in our lounge, box in her lounge, and one in each of our bedrooms.
    We dont have sports or film packages but we do have the broadband and landline with virgin too.

Dont want to have situation where the sky q connection drops off as the house is quite long in shape from our lounge to the mother in laws lounge area. Not particularly bothered about pausing and then continuing on another screen.

Max 3 Tv's in use at a time so i would say no unless you are ok with that.

The pause thing is handy but not a necessity.

I imagine they still do a normal package without Sky Q, we had before in each room. Actually we could watch what we want in each room but i think its increased price as you are paying for each room.
  • Options

Restart via turning plug off and on mate
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Is sky q for me ?

I imagine they still do a normal package without Sky Q, we had before in each room. Actually we could watch what we want in each room but i think its increased price as you are paying for each room.
    Just phoned up virgin and reduced monthly bill from £108 to £71
    said I had sky q bundle on screen and can get it for £65 and am willing to have slower internet speed for that price and they came back with much reduced offer.
    Funny thing is my wife phoned a month ago and they couldn't budge on the price.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Is sky q for me ?

Just phoned up virgin and reduced monthly bill from £108 to £71
    said I had sky q bundle on screen and can get it for £65 and am willing to have slower internet speed for that price and they came back with much reduced offer.
    Funny thing is my wife phoned a month ago and they couldn't budge on the price.
    I called Sky to cancel as I can now get Virgin, was paying about £110 a month for full TV package on Sky Q with a mini box. The lowest they'd offer was £71 quid. Said no, cancel it. With a week left to go, went on their "Have you left Sky within the last 12 months" link online to give them one more chance. Discounted the lot, now pay £48 a month for everything.

Fairly certain Sky have a decent "Black Friday" deal going on at the moment which includes a 4K TV.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Just thought I would pop in with an update. I spoke to someone in Sky today to do a change for my mobile phone (I am currently with 3). I mentioned about the fact I am moving to a 1 bedroom flat an on my order I have 3 boxes and 4 remote controls and paid £99 for another TV box whuih I don't need.

1) He understood my situation fully and put me thtough to a person that could assist me.
    The install is going ahead on 30/11/2018. However, when the engineer comes I will need to tell him to cancel the other box and to take it away.
    With the package you get the main Sqy Q plus the mini box. If you wanted another box then it is £99 per box. The person I spoke to will call be on 3/12/2018 and will refund me the £99.
    (The alternative was to cancel the whole order and do a new order delaying the install date). I am happy with that. Perfect.

2) I have also had calls in the last day or so about transferring my mobile phone to them.
    I am with Three, have an Iphone 5S and paying £28 a month with unlimited texts, 90 minutes talk time and 1GB data.
    I had already paid for my mobile upfront 4yrs ago.

Last night they were offering me a Samsung A8 with no up front costs and about £10 a month.
    However, I told the lady at Sky last night that I needed to check the phone. (a friend of mine has told me it is not that great).
    Done a comparision costs wise with Three and Sky last night and noticed on the Samsung Galaxy S9+ it comes with 15GB pre-set data (very handy that I can watch Sky Go on) whilst waiting for Sky to be installed.

I have now gone for a Samsung Galaxy 9+.

Paying £30 a month for the phone for 30 months (when it will be paid off).
    Paying £6 for the phone call plan, unlimted texts and calls plus 2GB data per month (unused date can be rolled over for up to 3 yrs).
    In essence comparing Three with Sky the 2 companies I am paying for £36 for 30 months and then when the phone part is paid off then I am paying £6 a month on my price plan (which you can change at any time).

If I stayed with Three with current phone I will be paying £28 forever until I change.
    Yet with Sky in 30 months time I will be paying £6 a month (a whopping difference of £22) and will have a much better phone and double the data I am on at the moment with rolling date.
    Also as a Sky customer with the Sky, TV and Broadband package I am also getting a further discount having got the other products.

Really pleased.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had Q for about 6 weeks now and overall am happy with it. One little thing that doesn't work properly all the time though is the 'last channel' button. About half the time will show either a channel watched earlier on or just any old one.
  • Options
    I’ve had Sky Q for about 2 months now and I kind of regret it . I’ve lost BT sport because they can’t register the new viewing card . God knows why but they’ve tried several times and secondly I hate the layout and the way you navigate. I’m still not used to it . It’s not user friendly whatsoever.
  • Options
    Had SkyQ for two and a half years and could not imagine TV without it. Went to my parents recently who have the old system, horrible. SkyQ is so easy and extremely user friendly.