Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dream Team (Sky 1 series)

I've recently been watching some old episodes of Dream Team on Youtube & it's got me thinking about how much I loved the show. In reality, it was tacky & awful, but I was a hormonal teenager, the birds in it were all fit (still fancy Linda Block now) & it was about football. It was definitely my favourite TV show at the time.

I remember it being very popular at the time, so I'm really surprised Sky never released the DVD boxset.

Any other Dream Team fans on here?

Comments

• Options
    Intro (above) is class. I was the perfect age for it too, early teens - especially because Charlton were in the Premiership then so I'd get to see us get pasted by Harchester Utd (Chelsea in purple) on a Sunday evening as well as on MOTD the day before.

It was definitely terrible, and has probably aged even worse but loved it.
  • Options
    I always thought Linda Block was played by Kirsty Gallacher.
  • Options
    Ridiculous show yet I watched it religiously... Didn't they kill half the team off in a coach crash or something at one point?
  • Options

Ridiculous show yet I watched it religiously... Didn't they kill half the team off in a coach crash or something at one point?

Yep. I think that was the final series. There was also the shooting of the team captain by a hitman after the FA Cup final victory at Wembley. How unlucky can 1 team be :smiley:
  • Options
    I remember we lost the Liverpool 3-3 at Annfield 3-1 to harchester. Fletch scored the burger goal. I think the Southampton 5-0 become 3-0 as well.
  • Options
    The best thing was that in one episode harchester were looking at signing some character didier baptiste? a left back from a french side and the times and guardian reported that Liverpool were in for him.
  • Options
    Used to love watching it, essential viewing on a Sunday night!
  • Options
    One of my.great memories sitting down watching dream team. Camera pans up for a crowd shot and there is my brother clapping and me asleep having come straight from a night shift onto coach to get to the game.
  • Options
    Used to enjoy this but it jumped the shark about 5 times over with the various character deaths. Nobody would have signed for Harchester, it was a death sentence!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loved it. Took a bit of a break from it in the middle when it got a bit too cheesy and then came back to it around the bus crash. Always get a kick out of seeing actors in stuff now who used to be in Dream Team
  • Options
    Made Monday mornings a school a bit more bearable, we'd all spend the first few lessons talking about the previous nights episode.

Probably the only tv show I watched every week.
  • Options

Always get a kick out of seeing actors in stuff now who used to be in Dream Team

Curtis Alexander is currently on Strictly
  • Options
    This show was fun and I was in my 20's (just!). Got to meet actor Francis Johnson a couple years ago who played the gaffer Ian Coates - smashing fella!
  • Options
    Carl Fletcher, Harchester legend
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Always get a kick out of seeing actors in stuff now who used to be in Dream Team

Curtis Alexander is currently on Strictly
    I watched it for the first time this series a couple of weeks ago when visiting family and proudly announced that I recognised him from Dream Team to a room of people who couldn't have given less of a shit. Philistines.
  • Options

Yep. I think that was the final series. There was also the shooting of the team captain by a hitman after the FA Cup final victory at Wembley. How unlucky can 1 team be :smiley:
    I always think that about soaps etc too though, how many affairs and murders etc in one street.

Don't get me started on why anyone continues to move to Midsomer.
  • Options
    Remember Chrissy Powell having a cameo on the show as well
  • Options
    Best show on tv, proper Sunday night stuff
  • Options
    Luis Amor Rodriguez and Leenda Block. Proper TV
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remember Richard Keyes had a cameo appearance in this when he got to stare at Linda Block sunbathing in a bikini. It's a hard life!
  • Options
    93Addick said:

Remember Chrissy Powell having a cameo on the show as well

as did Curbs
  • Options
    Used to love this! where can i rewatch it? is it on sky boxsets.
  • Options

Used to love this! where can i rewatch it? is it on sky boxsets.

No. Sky have never released them. Lots of episodes available on YouTube