Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Barnsley match thread

Comments

• Options
    Posted at
    45'
    Attempt missed. Cameron McGeehan (Barnsley) right footed shot from the centre of the box misses to the right.
  • Options
    Far too casual attacking wise after going a goal up.

Need to learn how to kill games off.
  • Options
    45'+1'
    Corner, Barnsley. Conceded by Anfernee Dijksteel.
  • Options
  • Options
    We can't let them back into it in the second half we have to be ruthless.
  • Options
    HT. Decent game so far. Both sides playing some lovely one touch football.
  • Options

Far too casual attacking wise after going a goal up.

Need to learn how to kill games off.

Is that because bottom of the table Barnsley are a pushover and we shouldn’t worry about them at all ?

• Options

We will let them back in that's for sure
  • Options
    It's always the opposition that make the changes first and as always we get punished for it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ward's ball for the goal was superb. His quick thinking is a major boon to our attack. Barnsley getting into their groove at the end, hopefully we'll get a quickfire second and hold on
  • Options
    You know it, i know it, that bloke over there knows it... one is never enough!
  • Options
    Come on people, let's be more positive !
  • Options

They've lost once all season, it's almost certain they'll come back into it.

We need to score at least 1-2 more to win this i think.
  • Options
    HT 1-0

Good first half, both sides passing the ball around nicely.

Our defence looks more solid compared to the Coventry game. Super Joe has been a star in midfield, Taylor has worked his nuts off, Karlan scored a great goal.

Steer has made an excellent save from a Barnsley free kick but other than that our goal hasn't been threatened. Barnsley have created plenty of openings but good defending and shit shooting has left Steer with not much to do. Will we be so fortunate in the second half though?

Apart from the goal the main talking point has been the ref. If you thought his performance in the Posh game was a one-off he's proved today that he really is that awful. He completely ignored the push on Karlan just outside the box when he was clean through on goal and has followed that with a series of bewildering decisions in the remainder of the half.

I fully expect a Charlton red card and Barnsley penalty in the second half, hopefully we'll have scored an insurance goal or two first.
  • Options

Not to mention they have their top scorer on the bench (albeit half fit) who I do expect to be called upon!!
  • Options

Make that 5-6.
  • Options

Thank god its half time!!... Barnsley were slowly coming to life at long last and ended the half playing some lovely football, bet they didnt want that whistle being blown and believe that Bowyer needs to work something out to counter it in the second

So far has been a game typical of that QPR game a few years ago when Jackson got the winner - Barnsley are controlling the game yet for the majority havent done enough with it, we've attacked in spells and maybe deserve a second.

Defensively there has always been someone there to clear the last ball but fear everyone at the back is getting sucked over only for the ball to be played out to the right meaning Solly has to scamper over to deal with it.

Lovely assist from Jamie Ward for the goal though which I initially thought had gone wide

Referee appears to have continued on from the Peterborough game, giving Chris Solly a yellow card for nothing more than a shoulder barge so must be pissed off with the fact that Solly spoke out after that game describing him as useless

Thank god its half time!!... Barnsley were slowly coming to life at long last and ended the half playing some lovely football, bet they didnt want that whistle being blown and believe that Bowyer needs to work something out to counter it in the second

So far has been a game typical of that QPR game a few years ago when Jackson got the winner - Barnsley are controlling the game yet for the majority havent done enough with it, we've attacked in spells and maybe deserve a second.

Defensively there has always been someone there to clear the last ball but fear everyone at the back is getting sucked over only for the ball to be played out to the right meaning Solly has to scamper over to deal with it.

Lovely assist from Jamie Ward for the goal though which I initially thought had gone wide

Referee appears to have continued on from the Peterborough game, giving Chris Solly a yellow card for nothing more than a shoulder barge so must be pissed off with the fact that Solly spoke out after that game describing him as useless

I'd settle for the result of the QPR game!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    First time seeing Steer, Cullen and Ward today.
    Steer has made one good save but hasn’t really been tested. Couple of questionable bits of distribution but mostly average.
    Cullen is very industrious and hasn’t stopped running.
    Ward, you can see the quality and I love a moaner but it’s not quite coming off for him so far aside from the assist but he had to do that after the great work from Taylor.
    Fine goal from Mr Grant and gorgeous sunshine, it’s got 1-2 written all over it though :unamused:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We need to score at least 12 more to win this i think.
    Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    Feels similar to Coventry game, except Barnsley are a step up on the sky blues.
    Dijksteel is having a very strong game at RB.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I am positive that they will score :wink:
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

First time seeing Steer, Cullen and award today.
    Steer has made one good save but hasn’t really been tested. Couple of questionable bits of distribution but mostly average.
    Cullen is very industrious and hasn’t stopped running.
    Ward, you can see the quality and I love a moaner but it’s not quite coming off for him so far aside from the assist but he had to do that after the great work from Taylor.
    Fine goal from Mr Grant and gorgeous sunshine, it’s got 1-2 written all over it though :unamused:

Agree RE: Ward... Hasnt been passing great since the assist yet feels more thats because our players arent anticipating a few of the passes he's done rather than them being poor
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I am positive that they will score :wink:
    That's the spirit!
  • Options
    The way our games have been going recently they will score, so we need to make sure we get another as soon as we can.
  • Options

Bloody amazing tackle in the box right before HT... Proper old school, goal saving type
  • Options
    An excellent first-half showing from the Addicks 👏

More of the same in the second half lads! #cafc

• Options

Bloody amazing tackle in the box right before HT... Proper old school, goal saving type
    He's lost his man a few times and had to put in those tackles to make up for it. But he is doing better than I had feared
  • Options

Not to mention they have their top scorer on the bench (albeit half fit) who I do expect to be called upon!!
    Yeah didnt expect Moore this early
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!