Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamal Campbell-Ryce-The journeyman

Comments

• Options
    Very good read and credit to him really as you can understand where he's coming from

Almost feels as though his reluctance to sit on the bench at times has hindered his career, he always seemed to be a very good player especially at League One level yet you have to wonder if his desire to be playing over sitting around and being at a settled side is whats stopped him from being able to play at a higher level
  • Options
    Great article. Seems a good man.
  • Options
    Christ he's put some weight on!

Always thought he was a decent player. He's on the money when he says he thinks he left Charlton too young - if he'd stayed a couple more years I think he'd have had a better career. Still, 500 odd appearances and a full international isn't to be sniffed at.

Good interview
  • Options
    Remember seeing him play 45 mins in a friendly against Welling and it was up there with one of the greatest individual performances I’ve ever seen. Shame he never really got a chance.
  • Options
    Proper footballer that loves the game. Respect.
  • Options
    Good on him
  • Options
    Saw Jamal get a standing ovation from the Ipswich fans at Portman Road when substituted in the 80th minute whilst representing Rotherham United.

Ipswich fans singing, “Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up”.

He absolutely ran the Ipswich full back ragged and still marmalised their defence even when they doubled up on him.
  • Options
    Fails the height test. Skilful midgets are ten a penny.
  • Options
    I remember him coming on as a substitute in the League Cup 4-4 draw after AET to set up our equalising goal for PDC in normal time to make it 3-3. Quite a live wire. A 19 year old Kevin Foley turned out for Luton that night too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm pretty certain he's glad he didn't play in Stevenage's last checkatrade trophy game mind!
  • Options

I'm pretty certain he's glad he didn't play in Stevenage's last checkatrade trophy game mind!</blockquote

Jamal is only interested in first-team football, so he wouldn't be interested in playing Under 11 kickabouts with jumpers for goalposts in the Checkatrade Trophy.

• Options
  • Options
    Blimey, he's been industrious, needed the work, got on his bike.  Good luck to him (Jamal not Norman).

• Options
    He only made 3 appearances for us?? Is that correct?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    He only made 3 appearances for us?? Is that correct?
    I think Wiki tends to show league apps only, so that would probably be correct. 
  • Options
    I was really excited about him when he was around the first team squad. Thought he was going to be a star. There was some buzz around him, but then it didn't seem to go anywhere. Strange one
  • Options
    Very talented. saw him play for the reserves at Wimbledon and he was the best player on the pitch. Being so small did not help him.
  • Options
    Loved this quote:

“I’ve been at places when players come in on loan from bigger clubs and haven’t cut it because all they know is reserve and youth football.

“If there’s no pathway in front, you have to go and find your own.”

• Options
    Says a lot that he has carved out a decent career in the lower leagues where he will have been kicked to bits.