Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Allan Simonsen TV Spot Feb 1983

edited October 2018 in General Charlton
I am sure it's been seen before, but came across this Allan Simonsen TV spot on a YouTube trawl:

https://youtu.be/F2307MZTR7Q

Interesting to see for me, thought others may enjoy it.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks. Never seen that before.

Many strange things have happened in the years I have supported Charlton. Signing a former European Player of the Year must be one of the strangest!

PS What a shame no record seems to exist of the 2 goals Simonsen scored against Chelsea. One was one of the greatest goals I have ever seen as he beat about 4 or 5 players and chipped in over the on-rushing keeper.
  • Options
    Pitch looked good...I would be in that scan across the east terrace somewhere.
  • Options

Many strange things have happened in the years I have supported Charlton. Signing a former European Player of the Year must be one of the strangest!

PS What a shame no record seems to exist of the 2 goals Simonsen scored against Chelsea. One was one of the greatest goals I have ever seen as he beat about 4 or 5 players and chipped in over the on-rushing keeper.

Yes, I'd love to see them too as I wasn't there for that match........tues evening if I recall correctly. Boys Brigade.
  • Options

Yes, I'd love to see them too as I wasn't there for that match........tues evening if I recall correctly. Boys Brigade.
    Nope a saturday game.
  • Options

Nope a saturday game.
    100% correct.
  • Options

As I have posted elsewhere before, there were three teams playing on the pitch that day, Charlton, Chelsea and Alan Simonsen. Simonsen won.
  • Options

Nope a saturday game.
    I must have been playing football for the BB then that sat. Definitely missed the game.
  • Options
    Would love to see the goals against Chelsea too, had no luck in finding them. I did fi d the away game, but we didn't do quite so well in that game!
  • Options
    cafc83 said:

Would love to see the goals against Chelsea too, had no luck in finding them. I did fi d the away game, but we didn't do quite so well in that game!

That Chelsea game, which followed a 7-1 drubbing at Burnley, was one of his best games for us. I was in the covered end and remember his second very well - nochanantly rolled into the goal in what seemed like slow motion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember going to the Newcastle game, the media were all over it, 2 ex European footballers of the year going head to head. Keegan dropped out on the day though I remember.
  • Options
    Would that be around the time that Finches of Forest Hill taped the games? Maybe someone out there has a copy.
  • Options
    That match against Cambridge, my mate was threatened with arrest for trying to bunk out. Mind you, he was rather drunk at the time
  • Options

Would that be around the time that Finches of Forest Hill taped the games? Maybe someone out there has a copy.

In the earlyish 80s we had a regular away follower called Billy King (there were only about 40 of us who would go to every game) and I'm certain he had the Finches' tape. We would have all borrowed it but hardly any of us had a video recorder!
  • Options
    Remember that Cambridge game. It was only about my 5th game. Me and my mate stood on the East Terrace for the first half and then sat above the Cambridge Utd fans in the away end for the 2nd half (amazing to think you could do that then but against the smaller clubs you could because they'd only have about 100 fans).