Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STEVENAGE v CHARLTON 9/10/18 (Record victory, brilliant competition )

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

10 minutes down the road so I shall be there . Couldn’t give a stuff about the actual competition but when Charlton are playing on your own back yard you have to go.

I was once part of a crowd of six in the away end for a pre-season friendly at Stevenage. It's 20 minutes from me, but I'm going to stay in and watch Bake Off. (I'm actually blaming myself for this, rather than Roland. I just can't be bothered.)
    Which Roland should take some blame for I suspect!
    Anyway, I think I've changed my mind. If you're there and you see a grey-haired man in a green jacket, on his own, looking like he wished he'd stayed at home, please come over and say hello.
    Admittedly that could apply to most of our support tonight, but at least it will get people talking.
    I've got the snow on the roof but no green coat, anyway gotta wash my hair but don't make me a bad person :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I predict a defeat.....Ward to score though.

3-1.
  • Options
    Less than three hours to kick off and the anticipation is mounting
  • Options
    I hope all our players have a good game, stay injury free and lose the game :smile:
  • Options
    Scoham said:

cafc-west said:

For anyone interested enough, but not enough to travel, looks like it will be available on iFollow: https://www.stevenagefc.com

How much are they paying us to watch it?
    Its all a bit ridiculous really. Still a tenner for the iFollow stream - same price as an actual, real, ticket!!
  • Options
    Stevenage is having a good season and punches well above the expected weight for a small club in front of sparse crowds ..
    beware, late goals are a Stevenage speciality .. if our players take it seriously this could be a good workout (that's of course if the Stevenage players take it seriously) .. if we treat it as a lark and of no consequence, we could be in for a humiliating evening
  • Options

shine166 said:

15 mins from me on a train and I still don't bother

What about if it was 5 minutes on the train and someone offered to pay you £50? I would see your point if you still said no.
    It's still a no, bake off is on tonight so I'm allowed a cake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc-west said:

For anyone interested enough, but not enough to travel, looks like it will be available on iFollow: https://www.stevenagefc.com

What's that? An obscure game that nobody really cares about is on iFollow? Yes, don't mind if I do (you guys can really just @ me when it comes to stuff like this ;) )
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    C

Come on you fighting yellows!!!

I still like the yellow strip. If it were available online I'd tempted to get one for running in the mornings and trying not to get hit by cars. I wish I could find my old orange strip from a few years ago. That was absolute quality.
  • Options
    Steer is listed as sub as well as in the starting line-up.
    Charlton: Steer; Dijksteel, Sarr, Stevenson; Marshall, Pratley, Ward, Maloney, Lapslie; Ajose, Vetokele

Substitutes: Steer, Fosu, Reeves, Aribo, Morgan

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bbce5046a6ba/team-news-phillips-ward-vetokele-and-marshall-start-against-stevenage
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Strong team and bench. Who's Toby Stevenson?

• Options
    Just setting off. Can't wait to overtake all our coaches on the A1.
    #cupfever
  • Options
    Thin looking defence though, with no defenders on the bench!
  • Options
    Phillips is playing.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    SDAddick said:

C

I still like the yellow strip. If it were available online I'd tempted to get one for running in the mornings and trying not to get hit by cars. I wish I could find my old orange strip from a few years ago. That was absolute quality.
    lovely strip indeed .. I'm a bit concerned about the Phillips jersey .. it seems he'll be wearing an L on his back .. I hoped at least he'd be rated a P for probationary .. Pratley at the back could turn out to be a masterstroke .. here's hoping
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Strong team and bench. Who's Toby Stevenson?

Dunno, but if he doesn’t have a rocket of a shot then I want my money back....

* I haven’t actually spent any money
    I bet he has nice jugs though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

C

lovely strip indeed .. I'm a bit concerned about the Phillips jersey .. it seems he'll be wearing an L on his back .. I hoped at least he'd be rated a P for probationary .. Pratley at the back could turn out to be a masterstroke .. here's hoping
    Mate, the worst for this is the Puma numbers where the "1" and "7" look alike. It annoys me so much I had to bring it up in a thread. Yes, I need to find better things to do with my time.
  • Options
    I remember now, he's that young defender we signed from Orient.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/82051/toby-stevenson-signs-a-pro-contract
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

10 minutes down the road so I shall be there . Couldn’t give a stuff about the actual competition but when Charlton are playing on your own back yard you have to go.

I was once part of a crowd of six in the away end for a pre-season friendly at Stevenage. It's 20 minutes from me, but I'm going to stay in and watch Bake Off. (I'm actually blaming myself for this, rather than Roland. I just can't be bothered.)
    Which Roland should take some blame for I suspect!
    Anyway, I think I've changed my mind. If you're there and you see a grey-haired man in a green jacket, on his own, looking like he wished he'd stayed at home, please come over and say hello.
    Admittedly that could apply to most of our support tonight, but at least it will get people talking.
    All both of you.
  • Options
    Thought we might see Bielik
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Just setting off. Can't wait to overtake all our coaches on the A1.
    #cupfever

Nerves are a-jangling. Only 30 minutes until the kick off.
  • Options

Thought we might see Bielik

evidently he's been claimed by Poland for their U 21s (see up the page a bit)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

15 mins from me on a train and I still don't bother

What about if it was 5 minutes on the train and someone offered to pay you £50? I would see your point if you still said no.
    It's still a no, bake off is on tonight so I'm allowed a cake.
    So, the only live feed you will be looking for tonight is a nice cake or a bun.