Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone been to Cork?

13»

Comments

• Options
    As a child every summer would be staying with my Grandparents in Rath Luric.
    We were poor in our council estate in London but felt very rich and exotic in rural Ireland in those days as the toilet was an outhouse with no running water, and water had to be fetched from the pump in the lane. There was a public phone box with a wind up handle used to get to the telephone exchange in order to make a call.
    I remember those summers as idyllic.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Does anyone know of any cheap hotels/rentals? Would be 4-6 of us (my family) March 16th-19th.

If any lifers have holiday homes or the like DM me. If not where have you guys stayed while there?

Want to visit the motherland with my mother, where her mother was born and raised :-)
  • Options
    St. Patrick's Day/Weekend may not be the wisest choice, if you're looking for cheaper options.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Does anyone know of any cheap hotels/rentals? Would be 4-6 of us (my family) March 16th-19th.

If any lifers have holiday homes or the like DM me. If not where have you guys stayed while there?

Want to visit the motherland with my mother, where her mother was born and raised :-)

Booked via expedia - got flight, car hire and hotel. Stayed at Blarney Woollen Mills hotel - decent enough and breakfast included. Reasonable rate.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Wonderful county. Take a trip around Bantry, beautiful area.

My dad was born on Bere Island in Bantry Bay so I am a little biased, but it is a terrific place to visit.

Next time you’re over come for a visit. Am in Baltimore. Bere Island peninsula is beautiful.
    Some friends/ex work colleagues of ours bought out the pub on Sherkin Island (Jolly Roger) a couple of years ago. Im guessing you might have been there, or know of it @KBslittlesis ??