Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

7 year old completes the 92

2»

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:
    My 92 is now 89. I had planned trips to Barrow and Harrogate on successive weekends but Covid put pay to that.Some purists would insist that you go to St Andrews when Coventry are at home. I also regard Spurs as a rebuild and not a new ground as per Bournemouth a few years ago. 

Obviously Brentford needs to be added.

In addition had hoped to add Crewe to my done with Charlton list but the fixture list stopped that. Just to rub salt in the wounds Lincoln was a pre season friendly in the 80's and well overdue a visit. 
    I'd only tick Coventry at St Andrews if nothing else on.  It's all about doing the gtound, but peferably with the team who it belongs to.
    I did Lincoln in the 80's pre-season, some hoppers don't count friendlies, f*** that.
  • Options
    Any idea when away grounds for away fans will be back on the Charlton radar?
    I'd wipe out this season, for the entire league.

Alternatively, become a member of the clubs and apply online.  I'll be going to grounds on the off chance as well.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    My 92 is now 89. I had planned trips to Barrow and Harrogate on successive weekends but Covid put pay to that.Some purists would insist that you go to St Andrews when Coventry are at home. I also regard Spurs as a rebuild and not a new ground as per Bournemouth a few years ago. 

Obviously Brentford needs to be added.

In addition had hoped to add Crewe to my done with Charlton list but the fixture list stopped that. Just to rub salt in the wounds Lincoln was a pre season friendly in the 80's and well overdue a visit. 
    I'd only tick Coventry at St Andrews if nothing else on.  It's all about doing the gtound, but peferably with the team who it belongs to.
    I did Lincoln in the 80's pre-season, some hoppers don't count friendlies, f*** that.
    Friendlies definitely count! 
  • Options
    Trying to explain to the missus why doing the 92 is important. Not a big enough fan of football to go and watch non Charlton matches, but do enjoy visiting all different places in the UK. Every town or city is slightly different in its own way. 

7 new ground this season for me. 5 after November so I live in hope. Would be unique if our first away match back was Hull. After it was the first one cancelled last year. 
  • Options
    Having lost Griffin Park and Kingsmeadow I'm down to 57 (or 56 as I've been to the London stadium for athletics and rugby but not West Ham)

I count the new Spurs ground as a new ground rather than an existing one

I'm not actively trying to do the 92 (91 at the moment with Coventry groundsharing) but it's a nice thing to passively try and achieve
  • Options
    Any idea when away grounds for away fans will be back on the Charlton radar?
    I'd wipe out this season, for the entire league.

Alternatively, become a member of the clubs and apply online.  I'll be going to grounds on the off chance as well.
    The idea of us taking 2000 to Sunderland or Blackpool is something that the government would not entertain until the R rate is down to a considerable low level. 

• Options
    95% of my football is watching games where the average gate is 50.
    Hopefully more people will look to go and watch their local non-league side.  An extra 30 on the gate every week would make a big difference to these clubs.
  • Options
    Having lost Griffin Park and Kingsmeadow I'm down to 57 (or 56 as I've been to the London stadium for athletics and rugby but not West Ham)

I'm not actively trying to do the 92 (91 at the moment with Coventry groundsharing) but it's a nice thing to passively try and achieve
    I reckon the Spurs ground is the same as the old one. It’s on the same site (although I think the pitch has been rotated). Although Spurs were keen to present it as a new ground and made a big song and dance out of “leaving White Heart Lane” (presumably because it would be easier for Levy to sell off the naming rights for a “new” stadium rather than WHL) I don’t really see it is as any different from a club rebuilding the stands at their stadium, albeit Spurs just did that in one go. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I reckon the Spurs ground is the same as the old one. It’s on the same site (although I think the pitch has been rotated). Although Spurs were keen to present it as a new ground and made a big song and dance out of “leaving White Heart Lane” (presumably because it would be easier for Levy to sell off the naming rights for a “new” stadium rather than WHL) I don’t really see it is as any different from a club rebuilding the stands at their stadium, albeit Spurs just did that in one go. 
    It's far more than just rebuilding the stands though.

I guess it boils down to whether you consider new Wembley a new stadium or not...
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It's far more than just rebuilding the stands though.

I guess it boils down to whether you consider new Wembley a new stadium or not...
    I guess, using my original logic, it’s not really a new stadium. In fact, I don’t think it’s ever actually been called “new Wembley” - that’s just shorthand that we use to distinguish between the old and new stadium designs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

The old away end is near to the now half way line.
  • Options
    With Afc Wombles playing at Loftus Road, that would be another ground that would need to be redone. 

I saw us, the original Wombles and Palace play at Selhurst. Are there any other grounds that have hosted three teams in the League? 
  • Options
    Loftus Rd, QPR, Fulham and so to be AFC Wimbledon.
  • Options
    Loftus Rd, QPR, Fulham and so to be AFC Wimbledon.
    Yes I should have said that is what I meant. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Back down to 90 with Barrow coming up (Already have been to Harrogate) and Brentford’s new ground. However with all the restrictions in place at present that now will be very difficult to complete for a while to come. 
    89 now with Wimbledon no longer at Kingsmeadow 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    With Afc Wombles playing at Loftus Road, that would be another ground that would need to be redone. 

I saw us, the original Wombles and Palace play at Selhurst. Are there any other grounds that have hosted three teams in the League? 
    It’s 4 for Selhurst, Millwall played there during the war.
    3 for Upton Park 
  • Options
    3 for Anfield 
  • Options
    Another thread resurrected for no apparent reason. Are new threads rationed?

The kid from the original post is probably shaving by now.
  • Options
    For what it's worth, the Doing the 92 rules are that:
    - Friendlies count
    - non-League games seen at a ground that then becomes part of the League count
    - Ground-sharing doesn't mean you have to see both teams play a home game there
    - If a ground is rebuilt on the same site it's only new if none of the footprint of the new pitch overlaps the footprint of the old one. This is sometimes tricky but it means; new and old Wembley are the same ground, but the new White Hart Lane is not. Bournemouth swung their ground round 90 degrees so that's the same ground. Wolves gradually moved their pitch to a new position but each move overlapped the old pitch so same ground. When it gets difficult is when Hull built their new stadium very close to one of their old grounds and it's hard to tell if the two pitches overlap. Given the length of time in between we decided this is a new ground.
    - At the end of the day this is supposed to be a bit of fun so people can make their own rules up that suit them!

There are 90 League grounds that count at the moment, and that will go up to 91 when AFC move to Plough Lane. Hopefully the long-suffering Coventry fans will be able to move back to their home town at some point as well. 

I'm down to 87 at the moment and try to get up to 92 each season, or whatever the maximum is by the end of each season.
  • Options
    So, if I say I've seen Wimbledon v CAFC at Plough Lane, I "officially" haven't because its a few yards away now.
    Thanks, was wondering about that.
    Only Crewe and AFC in this division I haven't been to I think.