Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Bradford City v Charlton Athletic

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Referee: 5 every decision went to home side
    Steer: 7 calm and good distribution
    Solly: 6.5 normal Solly
    Bauer: 6.5 won a lot of headers
    Pearce: 7 normal Pearce
    Page: 7 had a good battle with the ex palace player
    Reeves: 6.5 did some great passes and lost one on one battles
    Aribo: 6.5 didn’t look up got it till 2nd half
    Cullen: 7 showed some quality
    Ward: 6 glimpses of class but quiet game
    Taylor: 7.5 not the best game but what a strike
    Grant: 8 busy and a good goal
    Lapslie: 6 lively

Interested to know why i got a lol from @wmcf123
    I got one as well mate. Badge of honour just like yours to me ages ago :wink: .

Edit: sorry for digressing Lancs.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Referee: 6 - Got some right got some wrong

Steer: 7 - Didn't have a lot to do but came up with a massive save in the second minute. He looks comfortable with the ball at his feet. He looks comfortable under the high ball. He seems a good shot stopper. I feel for Dillon, I really do, but Steer just looks the superior keeper.

Solly: 6.5 - Solid defensively. Got forward a fair amount in the first half but gave the ball away cheaply far too often. His booking was predictable and something you'd rather your second most experienced player cut out of his game.

Bauer: 7.5 - what he does isn't flashy or spectacular but he is so good at reading and stopping danger.

Pearce: 7.5 - A very good performance. Between 7.5 and 8 but going with this because he nearly gave away an incredibly silly penalty that would have let them right back in the game. Not a minute earlier I was thinking "Pearce hasn't had one of his silly, needless fouls in a couple games now."

Page: 7 - Solid, predictable Page. Defended well and provided a good overlap outlet. Starting to get to the point where I could write that every week.

Reeves: 6.5 - Showed glimpses of quality but looked rusty. I know people will probably get on him but it's worth remembering he didn't have a preseason and this is his first league start of the season.

Aribo: 7 - a tale of two halves. Bang average in the first half. On a couple of occasions he let runners run right by him. But for the first time this season he looked excellent going forward in the second half. He got on the ball, he found space, drove into it, beat his man, and generally caused them trouble.

Cullen: 8 MOTM - Class. Broke up their attacks. Got into passing lanes. Put pressure on the ball. Kept Payne, a good player at this level, quiet, and launched our attacks. His ball for Karlan's goal was sublime. I feel for Taylor (goal) and Grant (goal and assist) that despite good performances they don't get MOTM, but our Josh looked a class above. What a lovely little player.

Ward: 6 - worked hard and took up good positions but struggled for pace and touch. Looked rusty, as you'd expect with his first league game of the season, and I suspect there's more to come from him.

Taylor: 8 - What a goal. He's not always pretty, but he is always an outlet when to ball goes forward. He is a real handful.

Grant: 8 - Goal of real quality, assist of real quality, never stops running
    What a player transformed.

Lapslie: 6.5 - Came on and put himself about really well. Think there are some getting a little carried away with marks for him given it was a relatively short appearance, but that's not to take away from the fact that he looked good.

Vetokele: n/a: We still haven't seen him start but he looked a real handful. After that cameo I'd be banging down the manager's door to get a start. He's unlucky that Taylor and Grant have been so good this season, but if we're going to play with such a fluid front three, then he has to be in with serious consideration to start next weekend.

Sarr: n/a Even his 50 yard clearances find teammates

• Options
    Considering he was clearly injured some Great scores for BFG mainly 7s a few 6s and 8s
  • Options

Considering he was clearly injured some Great scores for BFG mainly 7s a few 6s and 8s

The injury was late on I believe Paulie.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

The injury was late on I believe Paulie.
    Ahh makes sense
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    SDAddick said:

Referee: 6 - Got some right got some wrong

Steer: 7 - Didn't have a lot to do but came up with a massive save in the second minute. He looks comfortable with the ball at his feet. He looks comfortable under the high ball. He seems a good shot stopper. I feel for Dillon, I really do, but Steer just looks the superior keeper.

Solly: 6.5 - Solid defensively. Got forward a fair amount in the first half but gave the ball away cheaply far too often. His booking was predictable and something you'd rather your second most experienced player cut out of his game.

Bauer: 7.5 - what he does isn't flashy or spectacular but he is so good at reading and stopping danger.

Pearce: 7.5 - A very good performance. Between 7.5 and 8 but going with this because he nearly gave away an incredibly silly penalty that would have let them right back in the game. Not a minute earlier I was thinking "Pearce hasn't had one of his silly, needless fouls in a couple games now."

Page: 7 - Solid, predictable Page. Defended well and provided a good overlap outlet. Starting to get to the point where I could write that every week.

Reeves: 6.5 - Showed glimpses of quality but looked rusty. I know people will probably get on him but it's worth remembering he didn't have a preseason and this is his first league start of the season.

Aribo: 7 - a tale of two halves. Bang average in the first half. On a couple of occasions he let runners run right by him. But for the first time this season he looked excellent going forward in the second half. He got on the ball, he found space, drove into it, beat his man, and generally caused them trouble.

Cullen: 8 MOTM - Class. Broke up their attacks. Got into passing lanes. Put pressure on the ball. Kept Payne, a good player at this level, quiet, and launched our attacks. His ball for Karlan's goal was sublime. I feel for Taylor (goal) and Grant (goal and assist) that despite good performances they don't get MOTM, but our Josh looked a class above. What a lovely little player.

Ward: 6 - worked hard and took up good positions but struggled for pace and touch. Looked rusty, as you'd expect with his first league game of the season, and I suspect there's more to come from him.

Taylor: 8 - What a goal. He's not always pretty, but he is always an outlet when to ball goes forward. He is a real handful.

Grant: 8 - Goal of real quality, assist of real quality, never stops running
    What a player transformed.

Lapslie: 6.5 - Came on and put himself about really well. Think there are some getting a little carried away with marks for him given it was a relatively short appearance, but that's not to take away from the fact that he looked good.

Vetokele: n/a: We still haven't seen him start but he looked a real handful. After that cameo I'd be banging down the manager's door to get a start. He's unlucky that Taylor and Grant have been so good this season, but if we're going to play with such a fluid front three, then he has to be in with serious consideration to start next weekend.

Sarr: n/a Even his 50 yard clearances find teammates

Reminds me a bit of Llera, big, awkward, good on the ball, can pump the ball accurately for range, scores, works hard and always a potential liability.

I can't help but love that type of player... An underdog making it in the FL. Forget the league he's played in before.

Since joining us he has improved a lot.