Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 poppy charlton badges

2»

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Are there going to be 2019 poppy badges,looked at Royal British Legion shop site & no Charlton badges for sale yet.
    @clive They were specially made at the request of Mick Everett last year. Don't know if there are plans for them again this year but have asked.
    Thanks,hope that they will be available again this year & will await news on them.
  • Options
    @clive and anyone else who's interested.

Reply from Mick

"Yes mate. I asked RBL to produce again this year and they confirmed they would do so.  Some will be available online soon, and we will have some in both reception,  and in the club shop."
    Thanks,pass on my thanks to Mick.
  • Options
    Just bought my metal poppy badges (I don’t know what I do to the paper ones but they seem to be in tatters about 30 seconds after I buy them and it just looks disrespectful).   

Not a massive fan of football club poppy badges, it seems a bit off to me (isn’t the poppy something that should unite us in remembrance?) but I understand that many do like them and if they have to exist it’s better that the money goes to the correct cause than in somebody pocket. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Just bought my metal poppy badges (I don’t know what I do to the paper ones but they seem to be in tatters about 30 seconds after I buy them and it just looks disrespectful).   

Not a massive fan of football club poppy badges, it seems a bit off to me (isn’t the poppy something that should unite us in remembrance?) but I understand that many do like them and if they have to exist it’s better that the money goes to the correct cause than in somebody pocket. 
    No, I think it’s more about fans being able to say that their club stands with the RBL whilst raising money for an excellent cause. 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Just had an update from Mick  via the Royal British Legion regarding badges for this year, despite all the relevant permissions being provided in good time and a firm order being placed, an 'admin' error at the RBL end means they wont be available this year.

The order was for 750, all very frustrating, but not much more that can be said or done now. 

I would want to stress that Mick E did all that was expected/required and the error was in no way down to him.     

That's a shame. Also pretty lame excuse 'admin' error. Was intending to purchase one of the new type featuring the poppy with the RAF logo but they're not cheap and when you add on the ridiculous amount for postage I 'baled out' as it were. These can only be ordered on-line by the way.  I will be donating though - as always.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    se9addick said:

Pretty much agree with the sentiments expressed here. I feel that remembrance should be equal coming together to show gratitude for the bravery and sacrifices made for our benefit. To break it up into which football team one supports seems to be unnecessarily tribal. Would people feel the need to express their musical preferences on the poppy, an S Club 7 poppy for instance?

I don’t intend to insult anybody by expressing this opinion and I realise that the Addicks on here are doing it for the best of motives but I do wonder and worry how far this trend will go.
  • Options
    I have never worn a football club poppy, I still prefer the original paper ones and end up buying a few each year. 

The football club ones are quite a modern thing but provided they are sourced direct from the RBL (despite their poor admin on this occasion), it all goes to the right cause I guess. Each to their own. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in main west stand reception today , they have metal poppy badges plus a few others with military symbols. There was also a London black cab one